Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

If he reclassified to 16 I think UConn has a chance but if he stays in 17 I think not.
I tend to agree with you Jordoo, but for what reason? Just too many big time schools coming at him for 2017?

yep
Exactly.
Also consider that this year is very important to UConn. A bad year will show how important conference affiliation is. They have to win big time out of conference match-ups or they will be hurting come March. A good year will solidify their position as a top program despite their conference affiliation and certainly help recruiting. I am no fan of UConn and I would prefer they fade away, but objectively, they have some good players and they could pull off a good year.

Also consider that this year is very important to UConn. A bad year will show how important conference affiliation is. They have to win big time out of conference match-ups or they will be hurting come March. A good year will solidify their position as a top program despite their conference affiliation and certainly help recruiting. I am no fan of UConn and I would prefer they fade away, but objectively, they have some good players and they could pull off a good year.

OOC is huge for the AAC every season. The top teams absolutely need legit OOC wins because the bottom 2/3-rd's is going to kill the conference rpi, sos every season. Last year the committee basically laughed at them when you look at seeding. A bad OOC performance by the top teams in the AAC means there is no way to make up ground the rest of the way.

OOC is huge for the AAC every season. The top teams absolutely need legit OOC wins because the bottom 2/3-rd's is going to kill the conference rpi, sos every season. Last year the committee basically laughed at them when you look at seeding. A bad OOC performance by the top teams in the AAC means there is no way to make up ground the rest of the way.

a #7 seed from the AAC did win a NC but your point is well taken. The top of the league is ok but the bottom of it kills the RPI.

a #7 seed from the AAC did win a NC but your point is well taken. The top of the league is ok but the bottom of it kills the RPI.
Who is the "top of the conference"? UConn, Cincinnati and Memphis?

Who is the "top of the conference"? UConn, Cincinnati and Memphis?

Plus Temple & the top 2 teams last year: SMU won the conference regular season and tourney & Tulsa was #2 in the regular season

Plus Temple & the top 2 teams last year: SMU won the conference regular season and tourney & Tulsa was #2 in the regular season
Do you read what you write? You have been in the old Big East. When you are talking about the top of a league, you don't talk to me about Temple (this isn't 1985), SMU and freaking Tulsa. UConn needs to get out, as you are probably aware, but there is no rationalizing the AAC. I don't believe one team from the AAC was in the final top 25 poll, I could be wrong. This is a very crucial year for UConn, you don't have the foundation that a great conference provides. I mean, a strong conference is what built UConn. You guys are a tough sell to recruits right now. 4 championships gets in a kid's ear, gets your foot in the door, but when you don't have much else to offer, it is tough to close. And every year is going to get further from those championships.

That all sounds good, but deep down you know that top kids don't want to play in the AAC. Every year that goes by = less exposure on TV, lower attendance due to mediocre conference opponents, a tougher sell to recruits, etc. It will be a vicious cycle. Things look OK now, but it's 10 years down the road that has to keep you up at night.
No no no, clearly UConn is immune to decline, all is well...

I think Uconn's only chance was getting him to reclassify to 2016 which seems less and less likely these days.
yeah... and now after I took a look at some of the updates surrounding his recruitment looks like Maryland just might be in the lead for this guy as well - holy Turgeon/UA recruiting tear, batman

I think Uconn's only chance was getting him to reclassify to 2016 which seems less and less likely these days.
btw, can't believe the resident ucon dolt hasn't chimed in yet to explain that ollie will get him cuz ollie gets any recruit he wants