Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

lol did we officially even offer Gilbert?

Well, he did call us his dream school. And Kemba said he wore 15 because of Melo.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for this one. I can imagine that they'll tell him, "you can reclass to 2016, and we'll take you, but you won't get many minutes as you will be behind three guards and then you'll be the focus of the offense in 2017, or you can stay in high school and we'll have a starting spot for you in 2017."

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for this one. I can imagine that they'll tell him, "you can reclass to 2016, and we'll take you, but you won't get many minutes as you will be behind three guards and then you'll be the focus of the offense in 2017, or you can stay in high school and we'll have a starting spot for you in 2017."

That is unless we see some of the attrition being discussed here. He may end up having a much bigger role. Let's say both KJ and Robertson leave. Here's the lineup.

PG: FH
SG: TB
SF: MR
PF: TL
C: PC or DC

bench

MM
HD
?

that's how I would view the line up, if he comes..HD/TB up top...MR,TRob, DC downlow

With what I'm imagining will be another 15 lbs of muscle added, I'm thinking that the best player on the roster is missing from that starting 5.

I don't see a scenario where Diallo and Malachi co exist.

I always feel like there is a little hint of information in each of your posts. It does seem that if we were to get Diallo next year, it would be a crowded backcourt.

Ugh, if Malachi leaves we are once again hurting for depth badly. Especially if TR and KJ take off. As good as a true freshman top 15 player may be, I would much rather have a Soph MR.

Why is that? Couldn't Mali play the three and Diallo the 2? Or is there something other than a crowded back court driving this statement?

We need some backcourt depth next year. Not saying it's Diallo, but one injury there and we're screwed. Even without an injury, need someone.