Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

Francis03

All American
6'4 Guard from Queens, NY but currently preps out in CT. Long lanky guard that can handle, shoot, and is very athletic. Has already received offers from a few high-majors and he should be a consensus top 40 player maybe even higher as time goes by. I would expect SU to get involved at some point.
Imagine landing him and Tre Duval in the backcourt together for the 2017 class. Imho it's important for the staff to get back to getting guards that are really good at creating their own shot. Outside of the lack of shooters, the lack of creators off the bounce has really hurt the team this year as well.

Holy crap that follow-up dunk at the end was awesome!
That dunk basically shut down the gym it seemed lol.
th_shaqoohhh.png

Lawdy, Lawdy! that boy can flat out send it down with massive style points!
I can hear it now... The "Hami Slammy"
You could see the level of excitement that he brings to all who were in attendance.
Kid must be able to finish CHECK
Kid must be able to shoot CHECK
Kid must have a catchy name CHECK
Kid must be in Cuse neck o' the woods CHECK

I am digging that stroke and athleticism.

Agreed, he looks like he has a lot of potential and is already realizing some of it.

I found a video of just the dunk. It shows it 3 times, the 2nd time in slow motion, if anyone cares to have another look. The comments below the video are interesting too. Someone claimed he got that high by pushing his non-shooting hand off the big guy's shoulder. Even if he did(which I'm not necessarily saying is the case), I still loved the dunk and that kind of mindset.

Before reading the comments, I was also thinking about how small that gym looks, and apparently I wasnt the only one. I've never seen one like that before, although I don't follow recruiting half as closely as some of you. Awesome find Francis!

Agreed, he looks like he has a lot of potential and is already realizing some of it.

I found a video of just the dunk. It shows it 3 times, the 2nd time in slow motion, if anyone cares to have another look. The comments below the video are interesting too. Someone claimed he got that high by pushing his non-shooting hand off the big guy's shoulder. Even if he did(which I'm not necessarily saying is the case), I still loved the dunk and that kind of mindset.

Before reading the comments, I was also thinking about how small that gym looks, and apparently I wasnt the only one. I've never seen one like that before, although I don't follow recruiting half as closely as some of you. Awesome find Francis!
I think he pushed off the other guy, but so did this guy :)

TOS had an article today stating were very much in the mix and a visit is trying to be set up for the elite camp. Had no idea we were still in constant contact, kid is an absolute stud.

TOS had an article today stating were very much in the mix and a visit is trying to be set up for the elite camp. Had no idea we were still in constant contact, kid is an absolute stud.
Very cool to hear, particularly because UConn REALLY wants this kid. It would be nice to watch their reaction if we landed him. A backcourt class of Duval and Diallo (the killer D's) would look good in orange.

Very cool to hear, particularly because UConn REALLY wants this kid. It would be nice to watch their reaction if we landed him. A backcourt class of Duval and Diallo (the killer D's) would look good in orange.

I think (hope) UConn is in pretty good shape with him.

The track record is pretty solid over the last few months.
Speaking of track records, I thought you said that you had a soft landing spot secured? What happened to that? Oh, and part of fishy's track record is saying that Hopkins was toast. 0 for 1 . When we hear about our appeal, he will be 0-2.

Speaking of track records, I thought you said that you had a soft landing spot secured? What happened to that? Oh, and part of fishy's track record is saying that Hopkins was toast. 0 for 1 . When we hear about our appeal, he will be 0-2.

Why don't you add UConn is over and Ollie can't recruit to the AAC and will never win anything as coach or post-calhoun to the list of predictions?

I think we are in good shape with Diallo... but I also thought that about Stone, Gilbert, Larrier, Gibbs, Adams and Hamilton. Not all of them came to UConn.

Fact is that since the recruiting time limits have lifted, Ollie has been crushing it.

Why don't you add UConn is over and Ollie can't recruit to the AAC and will never win anything as coach or post-calhoun to the list of predictions?

I think we are in good shape with Diallo... but I also thought that about Stone, Gilbert, Larrier, Gibbs, Adams and Hamilton. Not all of them came to UConn.

Fact is that since the recruiting time limits have lifted, Ollie has been crushing it.
You stay in that league, talk to me in 5 years. When you come here with this stuff, just who are you trying to convince?

You stay in that league, talk to me in 5 years. When you come here with this stuff, just who are you trying to convince?

I think UConn is in good shape with Diallo. You don't apparently. We'll see...