Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

I forgot all the back and forth...Boeheim never offered, right?

Murray is going to be fantastic and I think Briscoe will be doing a lot of pouting.
We can only hope there will be infighting that leads to a horrible season for them.

Just read this update from Chad Ford and it makes me want to cry..

Seven months ago, Ontario native Jamal Murray wasn't even expected to be eligible for this list. But a strong game in April at the Nike Hoop Summit followed by a terrific performance for Team Canada at the Pan Am Games in summer encouraged Murray to reclassify for eligibility and head to college a year earlier than anticipated.

Now that scouts have had a chance to see him practice in the midst of Kentucky's other draft prospects, the consensus is in -- not only is Murray the top point guard prospect in the draft, he might be the best player in college basketball.

"He's so smart and he's so skilled," one NBA GM said. "He and [Tyler] Ulis are going to be a handful. Kentucky's backcourt is so much stronger than it was last year. That's kind of scary.

"Guys went nuts over D'Angelo Russell last year. I think Murray's a comparable talent. He doesn't have the sizzle of Russell. But I think he might be more fundamentally sound."

Murray's lack of elite athleticism and some questions about his true position will dog him a bit. But every scout and GM I spoke with had him ranked as the No. 1 point guard on their board. "And it's not even close," one GM insisted.

Just read this update from Chad Ford and it makes me want to cry..

Seven months ago, Ontario native Jamal Murray wasn't even expected to be eligible for this list. But a strong game in April at the Nike Hoop Summit followed by a terrific performance for Team Canada at the Pan Am Games in summer encouraged Murray to reclassify for eligibility and head to college a year earlier than anticipated.

Now that scouts have had a chance to see him practice in the midst of Kentucky's other draft prospects, the consensus is in -- not only is Murray the top point guard prospect in the draft, he might be the best player in college basketball.

"He's so smart and he's so skilled," one NBA GM said. "He and [Tyler] Ulis are going to be a handful. Kentucky's backcourt is so much stronger than it was last year. That's kind of scary.

"Guys went nuts over D'Angelo Russell last year. I think Murray's a comparable talent. He doesn't have the sizzle of Russell. But I think he might be more fundamentally sound."

Murray's lack of elite athleticism and some questions about his true position will dog him a bit. But every . . . . . and GM I spoke with had him ranked as the No. 1 point guard on their board. "And it's not even close," one GM insisted.

He will be good but if for some reason he would have come to SU you would see nothing even compared to this write-up. Everyone in the media wants to slob nob all over Kentucky and their players.

He will be good but if for some reason he would have come to SU you would see nothing even compared to this write-up. Everyone in the media wants to slob nob all over Kentucky and their players.

Media slob nobbed over Melo when he was here because of his talent. Kentucky has had 9 top 10 picks in the past 5 drafts, their players obviously have talent, and Murray is one of those guys who have talent.

Media slob nobbed over Melo when he was here because of his talent. Kentucky has had 9 top 10 picks in the past 5 drafts, their players obviously have talent, and Murray is one of those guys who have talent.

Melo was one player, not every player at Kentucky in the last 5 years. There you go again

There you go once again, sticking up for Kentucky. When I posted my first post, I said to myself, I wonder how two3zone is going to stick up for Kentucky once again. You didn't fail me, you passed with flying colors. AWESOME!!!

Melo was one player, not every player at Kentucky in the last 5 years. There you go again

There you go once again, sticking up for Kentucky. When I posted my first post, I said to myself, I wonder how two3zone is going to stick up for Kentucky once again. You didn't fail me, you passed with flying colors. AWESOME!!!

I forgot that we're all supposed to say that every other team and player sucks except SU guys. I'll remember that for my next post.

I forgot that we're all supposed to say that every other team and player sucks except SU guys. I'll remember that for my next post.

1- Anytime a negative comment is made to disparage UK it is always Doc and yourself coming in to defend Cal and Big Blue. You then deflect saying the same thing relative to not being able to post positive comments about other teams only SU. It is funny how often it is UK you stand up for.
2- nearly all of your posts on the hoops board are criticizing SU, its current players, the current staff or former players. So the whole " I will remember to post positive next time due to the rules" is just a stupid red-herring to bypass answering to why you support them in every thread UK comes up.
3- You are one of the most argumentative people on here and often it appears as you just like being the contrarian whenever the opportunity allows. If that is what floats your boat then fine but weeds is right on with his point.

So spin, deflect, ignore the reality is you would make Blue Curtain proud. I would not be surprised if SU won another NC and it was UK they beat you would find a way to disparage the SU win and excuse UK's loss.

1- Anytime a negative comment is made to disparage UK it is always Doc and yourself coming in to defend Cal and Big Blue. You then deflect saying the same thing relative to not being able to post positive comments about other teams only SU. It is funny how often it is UK you stand up for.
2- nearly all of your posts on the hoops board are criticizing SU, its current players, the current staff or former players. So the whole " I will remember to post positive next time due to the rules" is just a stupid red-herring to bypass answering to why you support them in every thread UK comes up.
3- You are one of the most argumentative people on here and often it appears as you just like being the contrarian whenever the opportunity allows. If that is what floats your boat then fine but weeds is right on with his point.

So spin, deflect, ignore the reality is you would make Blue Curtain proud. I would not be surprised if SU won another NC and it was UK they beat you would find a way to disparage the SU win and excuse UK's loss.

Just so there's no confusion, I'll spell out my take.

1. I don't care for UK one way or the other. We haven't played them since 2000.

2. I think JC is a smarmy douchebag.

3. I don't think UK has cheated for a while because they don't have to. I think they bend the law as far as they know they can get away with...because Sandy Bell knows the rulebook inside and out.

Either A. your reading comprehension skills are way off. B. You see my name in a post and make an assumption without reading. C. You're beyond biased. D. You have no grasp of reality.

Again, think what you want, find ONE post where I criticized the staff. I think our staff is excellent and haven't said a word about them.

What players have I criticized? It's funny, 80% of the board trashes Cooney but that's ok because it's "popular" and I'm sitting here defending him because of what he does bring and is the least of our problems.

I have zero issue with somebody criticizing me but at least come out with facts instead of hogwash and BS saying that I do nothing but criticize our team because it's simply not true. Maybe educate yourself and actually read through my posts if you want to make accusations against me, I haven't said anything out of line unless you honestly consider me saying a guy isn't great when he actually isn't great.

And for the record, I don't root for Kentucky, I don't care for Kentucky, I don't care for Calipari, and outside of Ashley Judd there's nothing I really like about them. All that said, they do EVERYTHING they can to promote their players and do exactly what they have to do to have a successful program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom