Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

Just so there's no confusion, I'll spell out my take.

1. I don't care for UK one way or the other. We haven't played them since 2000.

2. I think JC is a smarmy douchebag.

3. I don't think UK has cheated for a while because they don't have to. I think they bend the law as far as they know they can get away with...because Sandy Bell knows the rulebook inside and out.

UK had to cheat long enough until they now just cheat as much as every other major school does given the bipolar NCAA rulebook and execution on infractions. With that said they still go as far as walking over every line possible. So whether you want to call it breaking the rules or poor ethics .. a turd is a turd.. why polish it?
Either A. your reading comprehension skills are way off. B. You see my name in a post and make an assumption without reading. C. You're beyond biased. D. You have no grasp of reality.

Again, think what you want, find ONE post where I criticized the staff. I think our staff is excellent and haven't said a word about them.

What players have I criticized? It's funny, 80% of the board trashes Cooney but that's ok because it's "popular" and I'm sitting here defending him because of what he does bring and is the least of our problems.

I have zero issue with somebody criticizing me but at least come out with facts instead of hogwash and BS saying that I do nothing but criticize our team because it's simply not true. Maybe educate yourself and actually read through my posts if you want to make accusations against me, I haven't said anything out of line unless you honestly consider me saying a guy isn't great when he actually isn't great.

the exact response I expected. You are in complete denial of how negative you are towards the program. My reading comp is just fine thank you. And if you have had a positive plug for our guys more frequently then that is great. You are growing as a fan in that regard. So again spin your way out like you always do. It is a tired exercise and why this board becomes a turn off for many. Including a practical alum like myself.

Funny enough you still avoided the UK support like you always do. And you have absolutely questioned the coaching staff in multiple threads we have engaged. I do not have the time nor the care to go through all your posts. If you want to defend yourself against that perception then go for it. I just happened to have a few moments of the day to check the board and big surprise I see you in the middle of a disagreement about Calipari and saying you have to only say positive things about Cuse hoops when you spend far more time criticizing. Like I said if that tone has changed to be more balanced then awesome. Life is much more enjoyable with the glass half full. You can see things practically that way without being overtly negative.

Good day sir.

Funny enough you still avoided the UK support like you always do. And you have absolutely questioned the coaching staff in multiple threads we have engaged. I do not have the time nor the care to go through all your posts. If you want to defend yourself against that perception then go for it. I just happened to have a few moments of the day to check the board and big surprise I see you in the middle of a disagreement about Calipari and saying you have to only say positive things about Cuse hoops when you spend far more time criticizing. Like I said if that tone has changed to be more balanced then awesome. Life is much more enjoyable with the glass half full. You can see things practically that way without being overtly negative.

Good day sir.

Again, judge how you like. If you have issue with me saying that the staff should have played Rak more than he was playing as a Junior (during that current season) and sitting BMK more and consider that critisism and makes me a bad fan so be it. Doesn't make me less of a fan because I think somebody should play more or play less. If it makes me a bad fan because I questioned the recruiting of Chinoso and don't think he's a caliber of player that we should go after, oh well, what do you want me to say, I'm not going to pretend that every player is destined for the Hall of Fame.

It's funny that you have the time to break down my posts and defend your false accusations against me but you don't have the time to find my "hateful" posts against our team. It shouldn't be hard to find one or two considering that's all I post around here. Who knows, it's happened before, maybe you're getting me confused with user 2-3zone.

We got the constant Mali draft debates on the main board. So over here where do you guys think my guy will go in the draft and his upside in the Association? I've seen mixed thoughts by numerous people about his pro potential. Would love to see him in Minny with Wiggy and KAT.

We got the constant Mali draft debates on the main board. So over here where do you guys think my guy will go in the draft and his upside in the Association? I've seen mixed thoughts by numerous people about his pro potential. Would love to see him in Minny with Wiggy and KAT.
I would rather he becomes a
"Laker" I'm not an NBA fan but I would watch some of the games if an Orange player was on the team.

So why didn't we get this guy? We didn't have a scholarship for him because Ron Patterson had one instead? SMH if so...

If Boston doesn't trade out or take Buddy, good shot he goes #3. Then best bet is #5 to Minnesota. Doubt he gets by Sacramento at #8.

If Boston doesn't trade out or take Buddy, good shot he goes #3. Then best bet is #5 to Minnesota. Doubt he gets by Sacramento at #8.
If the Celtics take him then I gotta imagine one of the three out of Thomas/Bradley/Smart, will be on the trade block right?

If the Celtics take him then I gotta imagine one of the three out of Thomas/Bradley/Smart, will be on the trade block right?

C's need shooting and I saw that Murray went something like 79/100 from 3 in their workout with him. Jamal also said he is the best player in the draft.

Thomas isn't going anywhere.. doubt they'd deal Bradley either. If any, my guess would be Smart. Turner is likely gone.

C's need shooting and I saw that Murray went something like 79/100 from 3 in their workout with him. Jamal also said he is the best player in the draft.

Thomas isn't going anywhere.. doubt they'd deal Bradley either. If any, my guess would be Smart. Turner is likely gone.
My guess would be Smart as well. Thomas is coming off a career year and Bradley is one of the top perimeter defenders in the league.

Francis03 said:
My guess would be Smart as well. Thomas is coming off a career year and Bradley is one of the top perimeter defenders in the league.

It depends, you know how Ainge is about collecting assets. Thomas would demand more, perhaps a first round pick. But eventually he has to stop doing that.

It depends, you know how Ainge is about collecting assets. Thomas would demand more, perhaps a first round pick. But eventually he has to stop doing that.
Exactly. Ainge needs to finally stick with a plan and not go the PS4 NBA2K route every season. I think Murray, Thomas, and Bradley would have them set at guards for a number of years. Mike G would even be a fit in the 2nd round to groom as an Evan Turner replacement due to his versatility.

Exactly. Ainge needs to finally stick with a plan and not go the PS4 NBA2K route every season. I think Murray, Thomas, and Bradley would have them set at guards for a number of years. Mike G would even be a fit in the 2nd round to groom as an Evan Turner replacement due to his versatility.

as a celts fan this is my best case scenario. i haven't thought much of smart at all since he's been a celt. not consistent at all, trade him for (another) future 1st to someone.. as you guys mentioned they have a great 3 man back court. i think assuming no trades they take foreign stash guys with their other 1st rd picks this yr.. then someone who can be a solid bench guy w the first pick in the 2nd round.. i.e. MG

How many schools have better resumes then uk the last 6 years, the beginning of their calipari run. Yet we have had 3 AA's them maybe 20plus

We are closing in on them. maybe duke.I wonder if calipari sells nba, gifts, or come win a championship more.

Nice to have a coach who gets his all americans by coaching not selling

Last edited:
C's need shooting and I saw that Murray went something like 79/100 from 3 in their workout with him.

Hey Francis03...
To follow that shooting performance up, Buddy shot 85/100 from 3 in front of the Boston brass today. Both guys can stroke it.. 2 best shooters in the draft in my opinion. I give the edge to Murray though-- younger, bigger, more atheltic.

Hey Francis03...
To follow that shooting performance up, Buddy shot 85/100 from 3 in front of the Boston brass today. Both guys can stroke it.. 2 best shooters in the draft in my opinion. I give the edge to Murray though-- younger, bigger, more atheltic.
Agree. Plus Murray is a better all around playmaker with the ball. That aspect of his game is being slept on since he mostly played off the ball at UK because of Ulis.

I've heard some reports that there is growing buzz that Ainge really loves Brown from Cal. They said he's the type of high IQ, big athlete mold Ainge loves.

I think Murray would be a great fit on the Celtics though. They have a bunch of tough, defensive, glue guys they need someone who can get hot and carry their offense for a couple possessions at a time when things go cold.

They're definitely going to have to move a guard if they draft Murray. Evan Turner moving on as a FA opens up some mins but Bradley, Thomas, Smart each eat up around 30 and also have RJ Hunter developing. Think you have to draft Murray at #3 but someone is going to have to be moving out.