Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

I thought he was just outside the top 100.

A couple have him in and as Cuseguy noted 247 has him at 101. Seems like he has the potential to take another big jump this year well into the top 100. Still need a forward type (hopefully Jackson is that guy) but I like this pick up a lot.

I think someone mentioned it earlier but he really reminds me of Shai Gilgeous Alexander, very similar frame and just a knack for finishing thru contact in the lane

Wow .. didn't think about that but definitely a good comparison. Especially the way he drives and finishes. Very good and weaving and contorting through traffic.

I’m typically not the pessimist, but getting UConn’s sloppy seconds for this guy while they stole our “girl” doesn’t sit right with me.
Need IJ to save this cycle. Sorry but no two ways around it

Dre wants to play 2G, not small forward in the back of the zone. He lacks the outside shot to be an actual guard at this time. At UConn, he can play a more fluid role, and eventually he will probably become a passable shooter. He is an outstanding athlete, and a heck of a dunker, but he's a better fit for them.

This kid can legitimately beat you off the dribble and create his own shot naturally. He doesn’t have to be groomed in the Syracuse convert you into pg program that’s been happening lately. His floor vision is off the charts as well. Im super excited.

We don’t need another guy to play the top of the zone. We already have five guards. He’s not big enough to play the bottom of the zone. People keep complaining about finishing in the middle/back of the ACC. This kid will not change this, especially when the top of the ACC keep brining in five star players. He’s not a difference maker. Who loses a scholarship for this kid?

Unless we expect to lose a couple guards after this season, this player doesn't make a lot of sense with the current roster makeup.

Something else I like from his highlight real is he wasn't afraid to attack and finish with the left. He gets his man off balance quickly and that crossover is slick.

Unless we expect to lose a couple guards after this season, this player doesn't make a lot of sense with the current roster makeup.

And unless we lose a bunch of frontcourt players, neither does IJ. Kid is talented and likely challenges the current wings from day 1. No idea what happens with Howard Washington. Love the kid- but hard to say. Also- Carey is still a work in progress. What if he doesn't improve? If Hughes leaves- Richmond is the type of player who could help fill depth there.