Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Maybe it's just me, but I can't wait until his eligibility is used up. I am sick and tired of hearing about him.

Of course, some of you will probably still be talking about him 15 years from now.

Sure. After he's NBA Rookie of the Year, 8x NBA All-Star, and 3x NBA Champion.

Why come to a Kadary Richmond thread if you are sick of hearing about him?
Because I'm a mod. I feel it's my duty to read everything posted on this board. Sometimes life gets in the way, but I read pretty much everything here.

People need to
1714483956133.jpeg

Because I'm a mod. I feel it's my duty to read everything posted on this board. Sometimes life gets in the way, but I read pretty much everything here.

People need to
View attachment 240640
Considering it's the offseason, I think board traffic is near an all-time high for what used to be a dead time of year. Have you considered looking into AI bots to moderate and help lighten the workload?

I guess my question is, if he was this great difference maker, then why did he go to Seton Hall and put up essentially the same/worse numbers while only playing 5 more minutes per game on a 14-13 team?
Being kicked to the curb by a HOF coach didn’t help his career? What a shocker.

Taurean was a productive freshman for us and became unplayable when he went to Seton Hall it’s not like Kadary declined to that extent.

I don't understand why we can't theorize, and I also don't understand how people don't think he helps.

We are undoubtedly a top 25 team with Kadary Richmond on our team running point.
We are not a top 25 team with Carlos running point.

I don't understand why we can't theorize, and I also don't understand how people don't think he helps.

We are undoubtedly a top 25 team with Kadary Richmond on our team running point.
We are not a top 25 team with Carlos running point.

We don’t know what we are with either. Higher likelihood in the scenario with Kadary yes.

When roster is complete, we know whose healthy and can play etc etc come November- we should have a good feel then.

We don’t know what we are with either. Higher likelihood in the scenario with Kadary yes.

When roster is complete, we know whose healthy and can play etc etc come November- we should have a good feel then.
Fair enough. But like you insinuated, I have a hard time believing this team is better with Carlos than Kadary

Fair enough. But like you insinuated, I have a hard time believing this team is better with Carlos than Kadary
1 to 1 I completely agree.

Pontificating how the team would shake out.. Kadary makes Westry a moot point and probably means you do little to nothing with the last two roster spots except take a couple flyers. A healthy Chance then McLeod and say a kid like Evans and one more banger in the post and it’s a different team and hard to predict how it shapes out all the same. If I had my choice it’s obviously Kadary 11/10 times but I am still intrigued by how the roster is filled out from here.

I guess my question is, if he was this great difference maker, then why did he go to Seton Hall and put up essentially the same/worse numbers while only playing 5 more minutes per game on a 14-13 team?

This argument is silly. What he did the following year doesn't negate or impact in any way what he did and what we saw when he was at Syracuse. If you didn't see special talent from him during his freshman year, that's on you. It was very difficult to miss, which is why it was so frustrating to many of us when he left.

This argument is silly. What he did the following year doesn't negate or impact in any way what he did and what we saw when he was at Syracuse. If you didn't see special talent from him during his freshman year, that's on you. It was very difficult to miss, which is why it was so frustrating to many of us when he left.
Him leaving basically broke me from super fan to normal fan. My making every game a must watch event stopped existing A.K.

There's no reality he's coming here, right?

I've been a fan of his for a while. Even checked out a SHU game every year and only rooted for him. Lol.

Idk...both parties seems done but who knows. He wants the bag and the blue bloods and VitaJohnnies are bidding.

That being said. This is probably a S16 team or better if he's got the ball for the Orange (yes I'm bias).

I guess my definition of "special talent" differs from yours. He's been a nice college player that had a really good senior year. I'd absolutely take him on next year's team, but I fail to see how a guy who has never won anything would have dramatically changed the fortunes of Syracuse basketball the prior three years. Maybe we would have had legitimate bubble teams instead of not even being in the tournament conversation at all at the end of the year? Sure, that is technically an upgrade.

I guess my definition of "special talent" differs from yours. He's been a nice college player that had a really good senior year. I'd absolutely take him on next year's team, but I fail to see how a guy who has never won anything would have dramatically changed the fortunes of Syracuse basketball the prior three years. Maybe we would have had legitimate bubble teams instead of not even being in the tournament conversation at all at the end of the year? Sure, that is technically an upgrade.
Your logic is flawed, 99% of college basketball never won anything because there’s only 1 national championship winner. He’s a playmaker who would of definitely made us better. And he did win something they won the NIT. Syracuse players haven’t won anything either.

Well, according to Dashers droll comments, Syracuse has no will to make a run at Kadary. Evan's is good, but he is not on the same level as Richmond.
I didn't say anything about Kadary that I remember. I don't believe we will be a player there but like I said, I don't remember saying anything about him.

Your logic is flawed, 99% of college basketball never won anything because there’s only 1 national championship winner. He’s a playmaker who would of definitely made us better. And he did win something they won the NIT. Syracuse players haven’t won anything either.

Lol I'm not talking about winning a title. Seton Hall finished in 5th place in the Big East in 21/22 and got bounced in the first round of the NCAA tournament in one of the more embarrassing performances in recent NCAAT memory (scored 42 points in a 27 point loss to 9-seed TCU). They finished in 6th place in the Big East in 22/23 with no NCAAT appearance and a 17-16 record. Finally, they finished 4th in the Big East this past season and won an NIT tournament that literally 17 other programs turned down an invitation to participate in.

I agree that he would have made us better the past few years, but I think we are way off in terms of agreeing on how much better. If he couldn't help lead Seton Hall to a single NCAAT win in the past 3 years, then why do we think he would have led any of the past three dreadful Syracuse teams to one?

Lol I'm not talking about winning a title. Seton Hall finished in 5th place in the Big East in 21/22 and got bounced in the first round of the NCAA tournament in one of the more embarrassing performances in recent NCAAT memory (scored 42 points in a 27 point loss to 9-seed TCU). They finished in 6th place in the Big East in 22/23 with no NCAAT appearance and a 17-16 record. Finally, they finished 4th in the Big East this past season and won an NIT tournament that literally 17 other programs turned down an invitation to participate in.

I agree that he would have made us better the past few years, but I think we are way off in terms of agreeing on how much better. If he couldn't help lead Seton Hall to a single NCAAT win in the past 3 years, then why do we think he would have led any of the past three dreadful Syracuse teams to one?
What talent did seton hall have besides him? We were always missing someone who could distribute and he would of fit that role. JB ruined it for him so Im sure he has a bad taste in his mouth towards Syracuse.

What talent did seton hall have besides him? We were always missing someone who could distribute and he would of fit that role. JB ruined it for him so Im sure he has a bad taste in his mouth towards Syracuse.

Maybe Kadary on this year’s SU team could’ve gotten them into the tournament as a bubble team, but it’s not like he was an exceptional high-impact guy the prior three years, which is the entire point I’ve tried to make here. Prior to his breakout senior season, his career numbers were 8.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg and 3.8 apg on 42% shooting.

I get that he’s a plus defender but none of that screams major difference maker, especially when these Syracuse teams the past few years have been more than just one guy away (and also when you factor in that I doubt Mintz would’ve ended up in Syracuse if Kadary was still here).

Literally just clickbait. Brent knows where his bread is buttered.

In this era of the portal, I'm reminded of the traditional conundrum regarding time travel: what I you got back in time and accidently kill your father before he met your mother? Would you then disappear?

There's nothing so absurd it could not happen.

Maybe Kadary on this year’s SU team could’ve gotten them into the tournament as a bubble team, but it’s not like he was an exceptional high-impact guy the prior three years, which is the entire point I’ve tried to make here. Prior to his breakout senior season, his career numbers were 8.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg and 3.8 apg on 42% shooting.

I get that he’s a plus defender but none of that screams major difference maker, especially when these Syracuse teams the past few years have been more than just one guy away (and also when you factor in that I doubt Mintz would’ve ended up in Syracuse if Kadary was still here).
Mad Max Reaction GIF

That’s what happens when you dont have enough talent around you, your stats suffer. That’s exactly what im trying to tell you.