Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

I would think if Kadary wanted to come back it would be a quick decision. The fact he’s setting up visits would not be a good sign.
If we're in the running, it's more than most of us would have expected. Let Red and Griff work on the deal.

Huh? Holloway had the same issue.
“Holloway still believes Richmond can get into better condition and has to want to bring 100 percent effort on a daily basis. Asked what the new coach is working on with his star, Holloway bluntly said, “from the shoulders up.” “I tell him every day, 'we can't turn the switch off and on,'” Holloway said.Oct 19, 2022”

He played 21 minutes a game here as a freshman here in 2020-2021 and 25.9 minutes as a sophomore at SHU. It was between his sophomore and junior years at Seton Hall that Holloway made the above comment and I doubt anyone at SHU thought Holloway was being cruel. In his junior year he played 27.5 minutes/g and this past year he increased it to 32.7 minutes/g. He’s not the same player after his 4th, heading into his 5th year that he was here in his first. He’s still has so much talent to display, and even more potential ahead of him.
Kadary’s steadily improving career stats are also a lesson for fans needing to have patience with players as they develop (and players also needing to be patient in their development process). I bring this up here because we have a lot of fans that are skeptical at growth next season from players like Starling and Bell, like they’re finished products. Both of those guys have a real chance to take big step forward next season on both offense and defense, especially with different players around them.

Last edited:
He visited St Johns already. In our case, its probably a good thing that he's still looking to take visits. Hopefully we can get him on campus...
would he really need to visit campus?

This is one that we all need to step up for and make it happen. In the past, it seems that when we need something to happen, we make it happen. I can' t wait to see where this goes.

This is also a lesson for fans needing to have patience with players as they develop (and players also needing to be patient in their development process). I bring this up here because we have a lot of fans that are skeptical at growth next season from players like Starling and Bell, like they’re finished products. Both of those guys have a real chance to take big step forward next season on both offense and defense, especially with different players around them.
This new college world isn’t patient to wait for development which was always my favorite part of watching players over the years. There’s so much pressure and $ reward for both players and coaches to be impatient. It’s chasing some coaches out of the business and leaving some players with no landing place after going to the portal whether being their choice or not. Guess everyone must adjust.

When you have a chance to play alongside Brycen Goodine during his historic 12th year of college, you got to investigate.

Just to be clear, this is a joke and I really like Goodine.
IMG_0523.gif