Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

He’s the number 1 ranked portal player. Nobody is a “golden ticket to the final four” but he’s about as impactful as you’re going to get for a team that needs a lead guard.

Jacking threes? As a freshman Kadary played about as composed as anyone I can remember in a Cuse uniform. You’re joining the revisionist history crew from the other side.

You’re not convinced it’s a lock - no ish. If you have intel share it, if not you’re blindly guessing like the rest of us.
Never said I wasn’t. And is my data on three point shooting incorrect? Maybe “jacking” was a bad choice of words but coaches definitely called an halt to him shooting from three in games. And are any of my other statements false? I said he would represent a talent upgrade and said if both sides agree there is a fit we should go for it.
But the main point in my post is taking exception to the opinion that Boeheim benched Richmond in order to play Girard at the expense of team success. Dumb and ignorant take.

That is not accurate that he's #1. I just read an article on3 two days ago that lists him as the #3 Point Guard available right now. We can all cherry pick facts that fit our narrative. He's near the top of the list but let's not act like he's Michael Jordan either.
He is number 1 on 247. Absolutely nobody called him Michael Jordan.

Never said I wasn’t. And is my data on three point shooting incorrect? Maybe “jacking” was a bad choice of words but coaches definitely called an halt to him shooting from three in games. And are any of my other statements false? I said he would represent a talent upgrade and said if both sides agree there is a fit we should go for it.
But the main point in my post is taking exception to the opinion that Boeheim benched Richmond in order to play Girard at the expense of team success. Dumb and ignorant take.
I’m not going to re-litigate the Kadary/Joe debate but one is a PG and one isn’t, and we needed a PG on that team.

A lot of revisionist history in this thread. I know it’s the fashion on this board to blame JB for everything from global warming to your steak being overcooked at Golden Corral last night, but lots of reasons why Richmond left.

He was a Top 75 at best recruit who played 21 mpg here with incumbent starters at guard and a highly regarded transfer at SF.
He admitted himself in an interview mid season with one of our basketball writers that he didn’t realize how well conditioned you had to be to play at this level and came in in less than optimal shape.
He stated that he was leaving because the coaches here would not allow him to show all facets of his game to enable him to get to the level. He was told to stop jacking threes when he was 2-16 from distance on the year.
Every coach he has played for has talked about how much better he could be if he worked harder in practice and followed the advice of his coaches. His Seton Hall coach under whom he blossomed even made a comment that Richmond’s issues are solely from the shoulders up.

Let’s be real here. The 2024 Richmond is a much better player than the one who left here and would raise the talent level on the team considerable but he is not a golden ticket to the Final Four.
The fact that there has been engagement shows that there is some interest on both sides, but for the prodigal son to return BOTH sides need to be convinced it’s the right fit. I am not sure either one is at that point.
Meh. Those few years was Boeheim at his worst. The nepotism years. Other than that, I have fond memories of Jim.

True, although we needed shooting, too!

I have felt this way because I don’t like relying on freshman as shooters. The staff is pretty high on Moore however and shooting is his specialty.
Bell: 40+
JJ: 36+ (very reasonable)
Moore: high 30’s (?)
Carlos: mid 30’s
Donnie: 33+ (?)
If Moore is good enough for regular minutes that means he’s knocking down shots. I could see this being enough. Adding Kadary means better looks an he can guard SF so you could have 2 other guards in while Bell is on the bench.

Either way I’d take Kadary over a guard that can shoot right now because we only have one PG on the roster and he is moving up to ACC level.

Ye
A lot of revisionist history in this thread. I know it’s the fashion on this board to blame JB for everything from global warming to your steak being overcooked at Golden Corral last night, but lots of reasons why Richmond left.

He was a Top 75 at best recruit who played 21 mpg here with incumbent starters at guard and a highly regarded transfer at SF.
He admitted himself in an interview mid season with one of our basketball writers that he didn’t realize how well conditioned you had to be to play at this level and came in in less than optimal shape.
He stated that he was leaving because the coaches here would not allow him to show all facets of his game to enable him to get to the level. He was told to stop jacking threes when he was 2-16 from distance on the year.
Every coach he has played for has talked about how much better he could be if he worked harder in practice and followed the advice of his coaches. His Seton Hall coach under whom he blossomed even made a comment that Richmond’s issues are solely from the shoulders up.

Let’s be real here. The 2024 Richmond is a much better player than the one who left here and would raise the talent level on the team considerable but he is not a golden ticket to the Final Four.
The fact that there has been engagement shows that there is some interest on both sides, but for the prodigal son to return BOTH sides need to be convinced it’s the right fit. I am not sure either one is at that point.
Yes Boeheim at fault for everything. Malik probably left because he didn’t like Boeheim sitting in the office overlooking the practice court.

I would take Kadary in a heartbeat and he would significantly elevate the team. Red would still need to get everyone to buy in and would still need to instill and hold the team to better effort, energy and defensive focus than last year. M
Cuse!

You were pretty much on target. The only disagreement for me and it is a small one is that I think if we have indeed made 3 phone calls to him, and I believe we have, we must have already decided that he is a fit. Now maybe the calls are to get him to visit where we can make a final judgment on that but I think not.

Kadary coming back could be the difference between another middle of the pack ACC team to a contending, ranked-again program that would elevate Red's prominence by levels in this crucial Year 2. You take him in a heartbeat, not even a question.
They need to do the math, what's the lost revenue amount from a packed dome down the stretch or an empty one all year again.

Got to spend money to make money. SU has been cheep a lot in the past. Hopefully they stop doing that in the future.
This is not directed at any one person as many are doing it.

Please stop making these uninformed posts.

It remains illegal for schools to put money into NIL. I know Charlie Baker has proposed a change here but it has not been approved to date.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/nil-landscape-in-college-sports-changes-as-ncaa-loses-grip-amateur-vs-employee-battle-looms/#:~:text=The%20NCAA%20currently%20prohibits%20schools,the%20NCAA's%20rules%20this%20summer.

They need to do the math, what's the lost revenue amount from a packed dome down the stretch or an empty one all year again.
Who is "they?"

The university.
The university cannot fund NIL and the collectives/donors do not benefit financially from increased revenue generated from the athletic department.

So posts like "they need to do the math," "gotta spend money to make money," or too cheap with NIL, or whatever else gets tossed around don't make sense.

The university cannot fund NIL and the collectives/donors do not benefit financially from increased revenue generated from the athletic department.

No, but they can work directly with and promote collectives, who 'allocate' where the money goes via boosters. Schools can't pay directly, but can encourage those close to the university (w/ $) to donate to the collective. Thus the school getting a 'return' on the investment of those boosters.

Like almost everything with NIL, the answers lay in the gray area.

No, but they can work directly with and promote collectives, who 'allocate' where the money goes via boosters. Schools can't pay directly, but can encourage those close to the university (w/ $) to donate to the collective. Thus the school getting a 'return' on the investment of those boosters.

I can tell you with certainty that the bolded above is happening. Revenue drives the boat and the university is well aware of the ROI, even though they were late to the party and have been in catch-up mode.

So posts like "they need to do the math," "gotta spend money to make money," or too cheap with NIL, or whatever else gets tossed around don't make sense.
It wouldn't benefit the university to do the things 5out mention?

I can tell you with certainty that the bolded above is happening. Revenue drives the boat and the university is well aware of the ROI, even though they were late to the party and have been in catch-up mode.
Oh, I'm sure they are, any school that isn't is leaps behind at this point. Was more so clarifying for those who may be confused with the muddy operations/logistics behind NIL.

Reactions: 007
It wouldn't benefit the university to do the things 5out mention?
Now you are going to introduce strawmen. Unless I misunderstood you, your post was specific to the university "doing the math" to understand the impact of lost revenue by not funding NIL. The university cannot fund NIL. Did you understand before you made your post?

Now you are going to introduce strawmen. Unless I misunderstood you, your post was specific to the university "doing the math" to understand the impact of lost revenue by not funding NIL. The university cannot fund NIL. Did you understand before you made your post?
Considering its spoken about constantly, yes. But if I operate the dome, there isn't a thing im not trying to raise whatever few hundred grand we'd be short to get him. Its illogical to think they wouldnt.

SU does that. Besides the emails to the little guy, Wildhack and others have had several meetings with local businesses and big donors.

That is not accurate that he's #1. I just read an article on3 two days ago that lists him as the #3 Point Guard available right now. We can all cherry pick facts that fit our narrative. He's near the top of the list but let's not act like he's Michael Jordan either.

He is Michael Jordan compared to our current point guards.