Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

That reminds me of a rumored quote for a center named Chuck Aleksinis (sic) who transferred to Connecticut from Kentucky a million years ago. It went something like "I knew it was time to transfer when a booster told me 'We're paying you good money. You gotta play better than that!'". (Expletives deleted)
not concerned with profanities.
Concerned with people taking the law into their own hands.

Back to Kadary…

First, props to him and his crew for doing a great job keeping the status of his portal journal on the down low. Doesn’t happen much.

Did a little investigating. Kentucky needs a PG and wants Devion Smith. However, he is apparently down to St John’s, Washington and West Virginia (according to Norlander). So Kentucky fans are panicking and are hoping for Kadary now.

They don’t know if they are even involved though.

St John’s also needs a PG. Among others, they want Smith and Kadary and get this: some of them think they can get both of them. But like the UK fans, they really don’t know what is going on with Kadary. But think they will by early this week. I don‘t think are aware of Norlander’s report on Smith’s final three. Honestly, I think they are all more interested in horse racing over there.

I get the feeling the St John’s fan base is a bunch of horse race gambling degenerate octogenarians in nursing homes in Queens and in Florida. God bless them.

Added a link to the Johnnie basketball board I was referring to…..

Last edited:
Back to Kadary…

First, props to him and his crew for doing a great job keeping the status of his portal journal on the down low. Doesn’t happen much.

Did a little investigating. Kentucky needs a PG and wants Devion Smith. However, he is apparently down to St John’s, Washington and West Virginia (according to Norlander). So Kentucky fans are panicking and are hoping for Kadary now.

St John’s also needs a PG. Among others, they want Smith and Kadary and get this: some of them think they can get both of them. But like the UK fans, they really don’t know what is going on with Kadary. But think they will by early this week. I don‘t think are aware of Norlander’s report on Smith’s final three. Honestly, I think they are all more interested in horse racing over there.

I get the feeling the St John’s fan base is a bunch of horse race gambling degenerate octogenarians in nursing homes in Queens and in Florida. God bless them.

Kadary is a unique individual and made an interesting choice going to SH. Would not surprise me for a second that he would be one to do something different if we could make everything work to be a good reunion back on the hill. That’s just me pontificating.

Also as for UK- outside of $$ to me that wouldn’t be an easy sell to a top 5th year guy who has seen it all with a brand new coach whose never dealt with the kind of heat that comes with bbn. Not to mention the fans there are even more entitled than we Cuse fans lol.

The biggest thing we have going for us (if we can satisfy the dollars) is that it is the easiest transition. For a one year guy, Kadary wouldn’t have to deal with new coaches and relationships as much and he would already know the campus. Going to a new place for just one year is pretty stressful.

Back to Kadary…

Duke wants another point guard too - Kadary is mentioned but they realize they couldn’t offer the minutes without assuming they’d lose more than what they’d gain. They are looking at Sion James from Tulane as a better option for their situation.

I think the entire St Johns fan base is overrating was His Slickness is going to be able to pull off.
Duke wants another point guard too - Kadary is mentioned but they realize they couldn’t offer the minutes without assuming they’d lose more than what they’d gain. They are looking at Scion James from Tulane as a better option.
Exactly. Kentucky too. Kentucky I don’t think has a shot. I think their fans are just making assumptions that because they have blank checks and need him that they can just automatically buy him. All Kentucky is doing is driving that NIL up for Kadary. Again good for him.

It’s been pretty well reported that he wants to stay in the North East for his Mom. That leaves Pitino’s Johnnie’s.

It’s weird to say but Cuse may actually have a chance just due to the stability we have and his familiarity with the staff, he knows what he’ll get here at least. He also knows exactly what the roster will be too.

Not so much for the other blue bloods and the Johnnie’s who are just spraying NIL everywhere to every other top guy in the portal

Now does that outweigh a giant bag of NIL maybe / maybe not.

Exactly. Kentucky too. Kentucky I don’t think has a shot. I think their fans are just making assumptions that because they have blank checks and need him that they can just automatically buy him. All Kentucky is doing is driving that NIL up for Kadary. Again good for him.

It’s been pretty well reported that he wants to stay in the North East for his Mom. That leaves Pitino’s Johnnie’s.

It’s weird to say but Cuse may actually have a chance just due to the stability we have and his familiarity with the staff, he knows what he’ll get here at least. He also knows exactly what the roster will be too.

Not so much for the other blue bloods and the Johnnie’s who are just spraying NIL everywhere to every other top guy in the portal

Now does that outweigh a giant bag of NIL maybe / maybe not.

You have to assume UConn becomes a player here too I would think…

I'm still not overly optimistic but we are actually in play. As others have pointed out, the more you think about it the fewer places make sense. Personally I have a hard time seeing Kadary finding playing for Slick Rick appealing. That said it is closer to home and he could always just wind up taking the biggest bag. Still its not like our bag is peanuts we just aren't going to win a crazy bidding war if that's what it becomes.

That’s true but Autry also just coached one of the worst disciplined and least well behaved teams in Cuse history. One might argue that perhaps he should have thrown some under the bus to gain full control. Autry needs to show full control this year no matter how he does it.
He did but he did it privately. There is nothing good that comes out of publicly reprimanding one of your players. I think that Red handled a very difficult situation let alone for a first-year coach extremely well.

St John's possibly out?

Some Johnnies fans are thinking no. They want both.

But if they still need a center, I don’t see how they can afford two top PGs and add a decent center as well.

Also, yes, I think Kadary wants to be the man and run the offense. At best, he would have to share it at St John’s.

Not sure if he is going to run the Syracuse offense but I am pretty confident this eliminates St John’s.

You are posting in a thread about Kadary Richmond and mad about people posting about Duke and Kentucky being interested in Kadary Richmond?

if its brought up in the Leffew thread, you have a better point.

if the posts questioning Kadary said “yeah hell of a player, not really in our price range”, I have no issue with that.

but the “WE DONT WANT HIM.” stuff. Gtf0. We should want the best players.

The best players, who turned their back on the program and fans (not just the HC) while staring down the barrel of 25+ mpg as a sophomore.

Yeah give me that guy.

Of course it is controlling. And it should be. They run the program. Not some donor. If they don't want to follow the program, they can spend their money some place else. The coaches know where they want the money spent. Not some donor. When I send money to St Judes, I don't tell their researchers what experiments the money should be spent on. Or anything else I send money to.
agreed lets not become Auburn

Also as for UK- outside of $$ to me that wouldn’t be an easy sell to a top 5th year guy who has seen it all with a brand new coach whose never dealt with the kind of heat that comes with bbn. Not to mention the fans there are even more entitled than we Cuse fans lol.
Yeah, I hope you're right but I can see it the other way too. Being able to finish your college career at a school like dook, kansas, kentucky could be very rewarding (like you made it at the highest level). Just to be clear, I don't agree with that line of thinking, but I do believe it exists for some guys. Hopefully Kadary isn't one of them.

The biggest thing we have going for us (if we can satisfy the dollars) is that it is the easiest transition. For a one year guy, Kadary wouldn’t have to deal with new coaches and relationships as much and he would already know the campus. Going to a new place for just one year is pretty stressful.
That's a great point. If he has a good relationship with Red, that really could be a big plus for us. It might also be nice to come back and finish what he started. Also, experience what it's like to have the JMA dome packed. I think he would immediately become a fan favorite, coming back to Syracuse.

I like this pic in so many ways. Come on Kadary, you look great in orange young fella!!

kadary.jpg