Class of 2016 - G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland

Negative. Saying he's Rautins 2.0 would be more accurate.
Couldn't agree more. Since the first time I watched his clips, "more athletic Rautins" was the only comparison that fit, at least to me. He's also got a more well rounded offensive game, and I say that as one of the biggest Rautins fans there is.

My only question is with the penalties we have on us can we take players who may or may not be as good as Andy Rautins 4 years from now? Can you afford to keep taking players that will need to develop on the bench and hope for the best. I thought most here wanted to get away from players like that and that "we couldn't afford to take on projects anymore".

phil77 said:
My only question is with the penalties we have on us can we take players who may or may not be as good as Andy Rautins 4 years from now? Can you afford to keep taking players that will need to develop on the bench and hope for the best. I thought most here wanted to get away from players like that and that "we couldn't afford to take on projects anymore".

Huerter is probably a better player now than Rautins was at this stage of his career.

Huerter is probably a better player now than Rautins was at this stage of his career.

Doesn't mean he will develop as good as Rautins did. Huerter is a nice prospect but he isn't coming in and starting day 1. I like him fine and I would take him no problem without the penalties but I wouldn't rush to offer him a 2016 ship.

I can't really tell what kind of athlete he is but he definitely has a better handle and his way more comfortable with the ball in his hands than even a FR/SO Rautins, imo.

phil77 said:
Doesn't mean he will develop as good as Rautins did. Huerter is a nice prospect but he isn't coming in and starting day 1. I like him fine and I would take him no problem without the penalties but I wouldn't rush to offer him a 2016 ship.

No guarantees, sure. Watch his highlights.

Howard and Joseph aren't likely to be good shooters, so you need to surround them with shooters.

I'll take Simmons in a second. But Howard and Joseph won't play much if Simmons is starting, And that's fine provided Simmons is MCW and can carry us to a Final 4. If he stays two years, you can write off Duval.

Might be more accurate to say he has less short term upside and more long term upside.
I meant Simmons has more NBA (i.e., long-term) upside than Huerter.
I think it's possible Huerter could be a better player for SU next year than Simmons.

What I like about Huerter is he is probably someone who will be able to give us 4 years, which I think is often something that is overlooked on this forum.

Four year player? Ridiculous! I'm a SU basketball fan! If they don't light the world on fire their freshman year, throw them out and get one who will.

If you don't believe me, just ask around on the basketball forum.

Four year player? Ridiculous! I'm a SU basketball fan! If they don't light the world on fire their freshman year, throw them out and get one who will.

It's not us, its the players who bail when theres a chance is of being a lottery pick.

Not really sure what you're getting at here...Where's he gonna go?

Not really sure what you're getting at here...Where's he gonna go?

It was a joke, mixed with sarcasm. Go read the basketball forum for the past three years (forever maybe?), and you should be able to understand why I jokingly said what I did.

Huerter mention...

http://scouthoops.At their request,..../story/1549820-notebook-usa-takes-stage?s=75

Thanks for the clarification on him being more like Rautins. The sentiment is the same: a ton people hated Rautins for 3 years, or at least thought he was a DII player thrown a bone cuz he was a legacy.

Some Huerter notes I found very interesting: in my interview with Moyer yesterday, he said he's recruiting Huerter and Gilbert very hard. He said that Huerter is way underrated. Moyer said he's really pushing to help us bring in a point guard in his class ('16). When I pointed out that Huerter's SU offer is for 2017, Moyer said that "coach (GMac?)" told him they are open to Huerter coming in 2016 as well if that's the class Huerter winds up in. Very interesting. Moyer really became excited and upbeat when he talked about Huerter.

Some Huerter notes I found very interesting: in my interview with Moyer yesterday, he said he's recruiting Huerter and Gilbert very hard. He said that Huerter is way underrated. Moyer said he's really pushing to help us bring in a point guard in his class ('16). When I pointed out that Huerter's SU offer is for 2017, Moyer said that "coach (GMac?)" told him they are open to Huerter coming in 2016 as well if that's the class Huerter winds up in. Very interesting. Moyer really became excited and upbeat when he talked about Huerter.

Great job covering the event iommi!

Long arms, no? Allows a low tight dribble. Nice extension for that first dunk.

Finishes / handles OK with either hand. Decent build and looks like he might get stronger.

Huertos Rancheros.

Kid is extremely well spoken. His post game interviews are really impressive. I like his game and his basketball IQ.
I like well spoken athletes. Not as common as they should considering the education levels they have achieved.Supposed college graduates in the pros regardless of the sport sometimes sound as if English is new to them. Latino and Asian athletes are in some cases way superior in their English skills.

Latino and Asian athletes are in some cases way superior in their English skills.
post-53126-Bill-Murray-looks-at-camera-gi-68fK.gif

Here is an article from a couple weeks ago from the Schenectady Gazette. Unfortunately it is a subscriber enabled article which I am not a subscriber. It was also published in the Clifton Park paper but no link to that online. Pretty good article which the family talks about the recruiting process, the possible red shirt in which Kevin will only be 18 when he finishes his freshman season if he red shirts, how schools from all over are recruiting and not just regional schools and also how top academic schools like Notre Dame, Stanford, Vanderbilt and Northwestern are all recruiting Kevin.
http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2015/may/12/0512_huerterhoops/

This is a very interesting dilemma for cuse, especially with the sanctions and loss of ships. Huerter in most years would be a must get local recruit. Tall PG who can shoot lights out. But if he wants to stay in 16, as he is super young and needs to add strength do we bring him in, or another pg who is more ready to play immediately. I think if we miss on him, we will be sorry in the long run. Who was the kid from upstate that we didn't recruit and went to BYU? Was a top 15 NBA pick, although he has not done anything since. Straight shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom