Class of 2016 - G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 G Kevin Huerter (NY) to Maryland

Big Ten offseason storylines: Experienced Wisconsin has Final Four potential

• I'm hearing the early surprise out of Maryland this summer has been Kevin Huerter's basketball IQ. The 6-5 freshman has yet to play a college game, but figures to be an immediate contributor for the Terps thanks to his overall feel. This may be the best first-year player in the Big Ten that nobody is talking about.

Ya this kid is a stud. If only we knew malichi would bolt
The staff made a huge blunder by not recruiting him as a 2016 player originally and telling him to reclassify into 2017 insteadOh Lord. They were always confident of getting a scholarship back when the appeals ruling came down. So all they had to do was recruit him as a 2016 recruit and the scholarship would've been available weeks before the fall signing period.

The staff made a huge blunder by not recruiting him as a 2016 player originally and telling him to reclassify into 2017 insteadOh Lord. They were always confident of getting a scholarship back when the appeals ruling came down. So all they had to do was recruit him as a 2016 recruit and the scholarship would've been available weeks before the fall signing period.
I wish him well, but this thread is going to be nauseating, knowing what could have been.

Did you read in the game vs Chile, that the Chileans played a box and one vs Huerter because he was lighting them up and he still finished as the game high scorer with 14. Pretty good with all of the talent on the USA team. Of course I am very happy for him, but it's so unreal how it all unfolded.

yep, was going to post something about this - quite a play he made to preserve the W

Sickens me more because I grew up in the same area. I love White, but if we had him along with Battle we wouldn't be worrying who our wing players were in 2017.

More a product of ships lost from the NCAA than anything else.

That was my recollection also but I was waiting for someone who follows recruiting a little more closely to confirm.

That was my recollection also but I was waiting for someone who follows recruiting a little more closely to confirm.

I think the strategy SU pursued was for Huerter to go prep for a year so a schollie would become available. He obviously wasn't interested in that option.

Absolutely was the case. I think coaches felt their were better players (Battle) that deserved the ships first, which may be true, and got surprised by the MR decision which had they anticipated would have always made a spot available in 2016 for KH. His value as others have said, would have been exceedingly valuable next year, given what we know now. Alas, it is what it is. Too bad. Kid will probably be All-B10 in a few years.

Absolutely was the case. I think coaches felt their were better players (Battle) that deserved the ships first, which may be true, and got surprised by the MR decision which had they anticipated would have always made a spot available in 2016 for KH. His value as others have said, would have been exceedingly valuable next year, given what we know now. Alas, it is what it is. Too bad. Kid will probably be All-B10 in a few years.

It could be debated that Huerter would have been better use of a scholarship than Moyer if we look at it now. I'm not saying I would make that choice. While we didn't know that Thompson would commit, Moyer still may not play even next year that much if he can't play the 3.

It could be debated that Huerter would have been better use of a scholarship than Moyer if we look at it now. I'm not saying I would make that choice. While we didn't know that Thompson would commit, Moyer still may not play even next year that much if he can't play the 3.

Well without Moyer there would be no Tyus Battle and without Tyus Battle there would be no two3zone image and without a two3 zone image there would be no two3zone. BOOM! In all seriousness I see what you are saying but I still believe Moyer's versatility makes him more valuable than Huerter.

Getting blocked at the rim by a white guard. I mean how embarrassing. Only at Georgetown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom