Game balls | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game balls

Game ball goes to Amba.

I was feeling like it was going to be a dissatisfying result no matter what there for awhile. But that goal line stand followed by the 99yd drive down Diaco's throat are huge for the confidence of young players.

Amba Etta-Tawo is at 436 receiving yards after 4 games.
The SU record for receiving yards in a season is 1131 (Marvin Harrison in 1995).

If Etta Tawo keeps on this pace, he may crack 2k yards receiving. I have to think if he keeps it up and stays healthy, that he's a Biletnikoff finalist at a minimum and likely All American. Pretty exciting and nice to see a player that was overlooked at his former school to really blossom.

Nice to see Ish start to make an appearance in this offense. Just one bad step from a long TD for him and played very physical when he did get the ball.

Dungey looked fantastic at times and then struggled with accuracy/consistency here and there. I think the offense is slowing down a bit for him and his arm stamina is building. So that's a positive sign.

Franklin was all over the place all game as was Bennett, I thought Thomas had a great game too. The LB's look like they are getting comfort with the Tampa 2.

DB's overall played well, good tackling for the most part against a QB that can look pretty good in streaks. Couple of blown coverages/miscues but I think that is bound to happen over the middle with how young this group is.

Specials, which has been strong, took a dip this game. A number of miscues on kickoffs, not much return on kicks or punts, mixed performance on our punts and 2 missed FG's. And they allowed a critical field goal fake. Not a strong game for them at all. Hopefully a learning experience for them but I do have concern with Hof's consistency.

Run game still continues to struggle with the exception of a big play here or there. I think this is directly linked to the run blocking struggles this hodge podge OL has had.

Mentioning the OL, I felt the pass protection was pretty good today. Nice to see Evan Adams get some run. I think he has a bright future here.

Thought the staff called a good game - was a little surprised that Dino didn't go for it on the 4th and 1 at midfield but that was the only real call I questioned based on how he typically calls a game.

Final note, my lord is Bob Diaco a doosh. Even his demeanor I found annoying. Really don't care for him. He looks like he has UCONN heading in the right direction, so I give him credit for that, but I'm glad we didn't hire him.

I liked Shafer but now I have the feel a bit of what it was like for our opponents. Diaco's UCONN teams remind me of Shafer's teams and how he used them.
I thought Dungey was off today. Underthrew 2 passes in the first half that had TD all over it. Plus a couple other weak throws. Maybe being a little too picky, but I wonder if he wasn't 100%?

I thought the defense made huge strides today. This was the first game where it really felt like players understood their roles and were executing them correctly (I'm ignoring Colgate). They looked like a cohesive unit for the first time.

For as great as franklin played he might have been equally bad.

Game ball to the stadium, great venue to watch a game. Easy in and easy out, good pregame and game atmosphere. Much more enjoyable then the dome.

PhatOrange said:
For as great as franklin played he might have been equally bad.

He's not going to grade out at 100%.

Game ball.

2016-09-24_18-28-11.jpg

oldpinepoint said:
Game ball to the stadium, great venue to watch a game. Easy in and easy out, good pregame and game atmosphere. Much more enjoyable then the dome.

I've always liked it there and people have said I was nuts.

I thought Dungey was off today. Underthrew 2 passes in the first half that had TD all over it. Plus a couple other weak throws. Maybe being a little too picky, but I wonder if he wasn't 100%?

I'm pretty sure he's struggling with arm stamina. One of the announcers paraphrased a comment by Dungey which basically said that, not sure if you caught that during the telecast. But yeah, it definitely wasn't an A game by him by any means. Putting Etta Tawo's one big drop aside, he helped Dungey out a lot on some of the longer passes that were essentially jump balls and Dungey missed him a few times - I specifically think of that leading pass over the middle that was tossed short in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter that likely would have been a long TD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom