Game of A Thrones Season 5 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Game of A Thrones Season 5

Love those two on screen at the same time.

A little late to the conversation, but man Tyene has one of the top 5 sets of hooters I think I've ever seen, despite the fact that it was totally unnecessary.
I will have to watch it again because I missed them and I can't allow that If they pass the pencil test thats a great start. I presume that evil redhead will get a nasty demise next year. I think next week's final show will center on John Snow as the cliff hanger subject. I hope that Brienne gets Sansa out and away but that is a wait and see

So once again the internet is furious over the show, but they seem to have forgotten that Melisandre told Stannis that he was going to betray everything he holds dear. The only person Stannis truly cares about was Shireen, so while it was horrific and brutal to watch, it has been foreshadowed for literally years.

Last edited:
So once again the internet is furious over the show, but they seem to have forgotten that Melisandre told Stannis that he was going to betray everything he holds dear. The only person Stannis truly cares about was Shireen, so while it was horrific and brutal to watch, it has been foreshadowed for literally years.
People are outraged over the show? No way.

People should see this coming by now. This season has been way too nice for viewers. It's pretty obvious that these last two episodes is where they crush our faith in humanity and feelings.

NKR1978 said:
It's just weird to me that Martin lets them get ahead of/stray from the books. Especially get ahead of...

It's just weird to me that Martin lets them get ahead of/stray from the books. Especially get ahead of...

With the rate he writes the books at the show really has no choice but to move forward without him.

the show could've expanded on current storylines and added others they choose to omit. if major story points air before the books come out it'll definitely take away the anticipation of reading the upcoming books.

nevertheless - this season has been a downer for me, just hasn't been that good.

regarding this past episode, the tent fires, what was that all about?

the show could've expanded on current storylines and added others they choose to omit. if major story points air before the books come out it'll definitely take away the anticipation of reading the upcoming books.

nevertheless - this season has been a downer for me, just hasn't been that good.

regarding this past episode, the tent fires, what was that all about?

I thought the first part of the season was weak, but the last two episodes especially have been great. Episode 8 may have been the best of the series. Unfortunately, they were basically doing books 4 and 5, which are generally pretty boring.

Guessing what happens next week for the finale will break the internet.

And the fires were likely Ramsey and his "20 good men."

And the fires were likely Ramsey and his "20 good men."

this is stuff I don't like. if it was ramsey (which I didn't think it was) then show it. If it was melisandre and her witchcraft then show her conjuring up something. otherwise it just comes off as bad editing and rushed. leaving that open to interpretation and guessing makes no sense.

this is stuff I don't like. if it was ramsey (which I didn't think it was) then show it. If it was melisandre and her witchcraft then show her conjuring up something. otherwise it just comes off as bad editing and rushed. leaving that open to interpretation and guessing makes no sense.

Maybe - could be something to pay off later. I just assumed it was Ramsey, but it makes sense if it was Melisandre. The mystery is kind of fun.

Not a big deal. The great thing about the series and the books is that there are aspects that people can love that other people don't.

The great thing about the series and the books is that there are aspects that people can love that other people don't.

Agreed. After the last two episodes I actually care what is happening in Meereen. Where as before they could have cut that whole part of the story out and I would have been fine. Different strokes and all that.

tumblr_inline_noxdxgqMvs1rku3fs_540.gif

So my speculation: Doran sent the necklace in the viper to spark dissent, all Littlefinger like, thereby getting Trystane up to KL just in time to become king (because I think Tommen is gonna bite it via that character who appears on the final pages of ADWD, doing other nefarious but related deeds, and that character and Doran are probably in cahoots on the show). SEVEN DIMENSIONAL DORNISH CHESS

So the "previously on..." for the finale was (allegedly) leaked...
If it's legit, someone I know book readers have been missing for a long time makes a return...

SPOILERS - Link for those interested -

This season finali was one s#itty

episode. Just about every major characters put on the fence to "fall" over dead or alive. I can't wait to see how they revive Jin Snow from a dozen or so knife incisions to his body. I gotta wonder if Lena Headly/Cersei got a little extra in her contract for her walk of shame Anyone count the number of shames spoken ?

That was a body double used for Cersei, with CGI used to put her face on the double's body.

I went ahead and started reading spoilers, don't really care anymore. It's gone SO dark that I'm not really invested in it anymore. I get that Martin was all about turning the fantasy tropes on their heads but after a while I find myself becoming numb to it.

AZOrange said:
What's the disappointment? I didn't see it yet but read the reviews (which seemed ok).
Was hoping benjen made his long overdue return

Last edited:
its fun killing off characters but not the only one (of 2) left that makes the show interesting and who everyone's rooting for. garbage. I can't see being invested in the show anymore either.

im sure melisandre will bring him back to life now...thats just dumb

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
its fun killing off characters but not the only one (of 2) left that makes the show interesting and who everyone's rooting for. garbage. I can't see being invested in the show anymore either. im sure melisandre will bring him back to life now...thats just dumb
pretty sure this is what GRRM is trying to accomplish. People have had similar discussions when Ned died, Robb/catelyn died etc. root for others, they will die too until all that is left at The Others...

its fun killing off characters but not the only one (of 2) left that makes the show interesting and who everyone's rooting for. garbage. I can't see being invested in the show anymore either.

im sure melisandre will bring him back to life now...thats just dumb
No. No, it's not garbage. You haven't been following anything, show or book given (a) you're invested in only one (of 2) characters of the 3 remaining that are truly of consequence; (2) of 2 characters left that make the show interesting only one has been killed; and (d) there are three (3) heads of the dragon of whom only one of three (1/3) is actually dead...

... (4) now.

Last edited:
No. No, it's not garbage. You haven't been following anything, show or book given (a) you're invested in only one (of 2) characters of the 3 remaining that are truly of consequence; (2) of 2 characters left that make the show interesting only one has been killed; and (d) there are three (3) heads of the dragon of whom only one of three (1/3) is actually dead...

... (4) now.
Speaking of dead. I think that Jon Snow's future will hinge on the actions of the "red lady "who just road into the wall. not many fans were OK with this twist . HBO depends on the number of televisions it can sell its network to. I know a lot said they were done with the show but the same people will be right there on the fall premiere. I know I will, I hope.

Speaking of dead. I think that Jon Snow's future will hinge on the actions of the "red lady "who just road into the wall. not many fans were OK with this twist . HBO depends on the number of televisions it can sell its network to. I know a lot said they were done with the show but the same people will be right there on the fall premiere. I know I will, I hope.
Hodor.

... (4) now.

I get all that and I know Snow is stabbed in the same fashion in A Dance With Dragons but the show is a bit whacky right now.

Still you have to have a hero and Danny is not a hero. You can't just write in a new character in Season 6 and have them be the hero either. As unorthodox as Martin is (which makes the story good), he's drawn a lot of his story telling from Tolkien and Tolkien had hereos. You have to have a 'good strong' hero to have a good story. People dont want a story where all the good guys die and the bad guys triumph.