Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

My head will literally explode if she chooses little finger over Jon Snow. Sadly, that may briefly destroy my life.

She already did not choose him in the Weirwood garden.

We know there are spells that prevent the White Walkers from getting past the wall.
If the spell is basically an "invisible fence" then why do they need the wall?

Seemed like an inappropriate time for Littlefinger to be flirting with Sansa. Though she looks to be in to it.

RrgAp4K.gif
Is that a photoshop joke or was he really flirting?

If the spell is basically an "invisible fence" then why do they need the wall?
The Wall is where the magic supposedly resides. Without the Wall, the magic would likely disappear.
Is that a photoshop joke or was he really flirting?
It's fake. Someone added the eyebrows then put it in reverse.

This season GoT earned all the Emmy's it won last year. The whole season was strong. Battle of the Bastards was visually impressive, if a little predictable. Episode 10 was one of the best single episodes of TV I've ever seen. I can name maybe 3 or 4 from other shows that I might put ahead of it but, wow, that was GoT's masterpiece. The Door was also really well done, the same guy who directed it (Jack Bender) also directed pretty much every great LOST episode you can think of, including The Contant. Need someone to direct a really hard hitting emotional story with elements of time travel? He's your guy.

This season GoT earned all the Emmy's it won last year. The whole season was strong. Battle of the Bastards was visually impressive, if a little predictable. Episode 10 was one of the best single episodes of TV I've ever seen. I can name maybe 3 or 4 from other shows that I might put ahead of it but, wow, that was GoT's masterpiece. The Door was also really well done, the same guy who directed it (Jack Bender) also directed pretty much every great LOST episode you can think of, including The Contant. Need someone to direct a really hard hitting emotional story with elements of time travel? He's your guy.
I'm sorry but these time travel bits are confusing...so bran can't affect the past but he blew apart Hodors mind or did he just see what a predecessor did to Hodors mind?

I'm sorry but these time travel bits are confusing...so bran can't affect the past but he blew apart Hodors mind or did he just see what a predecessor did to Hodors mind?

"Oracle: Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?"

If you believe in the many worlds theory of quantum mechanics reality is simultaneously forward and backward referenced by threads crossing multiple space-time dimensions. In other words, the future required for the forward reference already existed in an alternate space-time dimension. If you just think of time as existing in all places at once in both directions then it makes sense. A more interesting part of the many worlds theory is not just forward references but the idea of alternative decision threads. So not only does all of time exist in all places at once in both directions but multiple versions of the same time exist covering every possible possibility.

The essence of magic is being able to leap to an alternate space-time dimension at the right time. The problem is we only have access to the part of our conscious mind that exists within our particular four dimensions so it's really hard to figure out how to leap let alone have enough energy to make the leap.

Last edited:

My take is that Bran can affect the past. His dad hearing him the "first" time he was watching the Tower of Joy hinted strongly at this. I think his mind is strong enough to handle a lot of stuff (like Desmond in Lost), but his warging into Hodor in the present and his proximity to him in the past short-circuited poor Hodor's mind. Curiously, I don't think he was warged at the very end. I think "pre-accident" Hodor was in the present doing exactly what he knew he had to do.

The key is getting comfortable with stable time loops, which make sense when you accept and wrap your head around the fact that there is no "first time", or first linear progression. As they said in Lost, whatever happened, happened.