Gary Gaits's daughter Taylor? | Syracusefan.com

Gary Gaits's daughter Taylor?

jr4750

All American
Anyone know why she hasn't played a minute in the last two years? I think she was hurt last year, but she's the only player to never even make an appearance this year for the no. 1 Orange this year…

Yes. I was inside Manley in January working on a women's advance for BE magazine. It was snowing and brutally cold, and someone was trying to get in the locked building when I arrived. It turned out to be Gary's wife, Nicole. She told me how thrilled she was that Taylor was finally healthy after nine (I think that was the number she said) procedures on one lower-body part (I want to be safe with HIPPA here and not state the part, as I'm not sure it is in the public record). Taylor had earned time on one of the midfield lines and was playing well. It was the annual scrimmage against the alums that day, as the team was due to head to Florida the next day to practice and start the season. It was more fun than intense competition, at least from what I could glean from it. Anyway, I was chatting with someone on the sideline when we heard a scream and saw a player down in intense pain. It was Taylor. My heart broke for Gary and Nicole as Taylor was helped off the field with tears streaming down her face, likely more from frustration than the pain. Teammates came over and tried to comfort her as she stood on the sideline on crutches with her head bowed. Truly a heart-rending experience for all in attendance but even more so for anyone who has witnessed such an injury to a child first-hand (my son suffered two ACL injuries in high school, his sophomore and senior years, that effectively ended his lacrosse career). It was not the specific oft-injured body part noted above, btw. I had a lump in my throat, believe me.

Yes. I was inside Manley in January working on a women's advance for BE magazine. It was snowing and brutally cold, and someone was trying to get in the locked building when I arrived. It turned out to be Gary's wife, Nicole. She told me how thrilled she was that Taylor was finally healthy after nine (I think that was the number she said) procedures on one lower-body part (I want to be safe with HIPPA here and not state the part, as I'm not sure it is in the public record). Taylor had earned time on one of the midfield lines and was playing well. It was the annual scrimmage against the alums that day, as the team was due to head to Florida the next day to practice and start the season. It was more fun than intense competition, at least from what I could glean from it. Anyway, I was chatting with someone on the sideline when we heard a scream and saw a player down in intense pain. It was Taylor. My heart broke for Gary and Nicole as Taylor was helped off the field with tears streaming down her face, likely more from frustration than the pain. Teammates came over and tried to comfort her as she stood on the sideline on crutches with her head bowed. Truly a heart-rending experience for all in attendance but even more so for anyone who has witnessed such an injury to a child first-hand (my son suffered two ACL injuries in high school, his sophomore and senior years, that effectively ended his lacrosse career). It was not the specific oft-injured body part noted above, btw. I had a lump in my throat, believe me.

Thanks Dave! Sorry to hear that.

I don't know how someone like Taylor goes through the rehabs over and over again with so little return for all their hard work. Hope she is finally rewarded next season and beyond...

... (I want to be safe with HIPPA here and not state the part, as I'm not sure it is in the public record)...
FYI - Unless you are a healthcare provider, a health plan or an entity that processes health information you are not bound by any HIPAA rules and public record is meaningless. You would need to fall on journalism ethics to not disclose that info or just common decency. Many people confuse which entities HIPAA actually governs. A journalist could never violate HIPAA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom