Gbiniije is visiting right now | Syracusefan.com

Gbiniije is visiting right now

what is the big deal with this kid? i know he is a duke kid but he didn't even sniff the court much at all and there are questions about him as his next school will be his 6th school in 6 years counting 4 high schools.

Kids very talented,the school thing is definitely a legit concern...i just look at it as a top 30 kid with 2 years of practicing at the college level with 3 years of eligibility left versus a 2013 recruit that we dont know of yet

what is the big deal with this kid? i know he is a duke kid but he didn't even sniff the court much at all and there are questions about him as his next school will be his 6th school in 6 years counting 4 high schools.
the mcw quote above is a good one. The staff really likes the kid. That is good enough for me.

the mcw quote above is a good one. The staff really likes the kid. That is good enough for me.

mcw didn't play much, but this kid didn't play at all. mcw played more than twice as much as this kid.

Dion familiarized himself with more than a few high schools and that worked out pretty well for us. By all accounts, this is a good kid, so I'm not too worried about the school thing. I think this ends up being a really good get for us.

Dion familiarized himself with more than a few high schools and that worked out pretty well for us. By all accounts, this is a good kid, so I'm not too worried about the school thing. I think this ends up being a really good get for us.

in the end it did, but it wasn't like that all the time. this kid didn't even stay at the same college, at least dion did. kid might be a great get and i trust jb, but we'll see. there are some red flags.

Fortunately, the kid IS a guard, so anyone starting those threads can go kick rocks.

(I miss Bjorn)
I thought he was a small forward. Maybe I had him mixed up with someone else.

Fortunately, the kid IS a guard, so anyone starting those threads can go kick rocks.

(I miss Bjorn)

If you wanted to do it justice, though, you could've put the "go kick rocks" in quotes.

I thought he was a small forward. Maybe I had him mixed up with someone else.
He's a 2/3, but everything I've been reading is that his game is basically that of a big 2-guard. Smart player, good shooter, perimeter oriented, etc.

from the sounds of things the staff wanted him. he went to duke and it wasn't right. there is nothing wrong with hoping a kid that coach k wanted, and boeheim wanted, could come here and turn it around.

Kid's a good shooter, can get to the rim and finish, and has great size for the top of the zone. He was also highly thought of coming out of HS and will be available to play 3 years here. I'd rather take a chance on all that over some raw project. We've got plenty of spaces opening up over the next year or two as it is.

The school thing is a concern, but we don't know the situation there.

in the end it did, but it wasn't like that all the time. this kid didn't even stay at the same college, at least dion did. kid might be a great get and i trust jb, but we'll see. there are some red flags.
This is the last stop on the bus line for this kid. Either the light goes on for him and he contributes or he will be known as a journeyman bust. Mr. Gbinije the choice rests solely in your hands. Show me what you are going to do about it.

I'll put more stock in what JB and staff think rather than Bees and his red flags. Solid pick up.

Kid loves to run and play iso offense. This is the place to do it. He will fit right in.

So he went to 4 highschools. Its highschool ball not a big deal.
I would be more worried about him breaking out in practice next year and entering the draft.
That being said he would have stayed at Duke and took a chance at playing time instead.
This will be the first time he sticks around somewhere for 2 years as well.

If we get atleast 1 year in-game from him, Great pickup!

I would be more worried about him breaking out in practice next year and entering the draft.

Funniest thing I have read here in a long time. NBA draft pick with about 100 minutes of court time in 2 years. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

It could realistically happen someday though to a top program with a kid that has to sit out a year or transfer.

Look at the jump Melo made from his freshmen to his sophmore year and hes in the NBA now.
Look at MCW if he entered the draft he could have been as good as gone.
Look at Dion and the jump he made from fresh to soph.

Wes made a huge jump and some say he was better then Johnny that other guy who was two and done the year he sat out .
If Harris left after his freshmen year he may have been drafted on potential scouts ignoring his youth. Look how much better KJO got from freshmen to sophmore.
If those guys did it no reason to think Gbinije another player we were recruiting couldn't.

I haven't seen alot of Gbinje to say how or how unraw he is, but the guy was a potential Mcdonalds AA. If he puts his heart to it like Dion did he could become a absolute stud.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if scouts ignore the hype more these days either. And the foreign market is larger.

It could realistically happen someday though to a top program with a kid that has to sit out a year or transfer.

Look at the jump Melo made from his freshmen to his sophmore year and hes in the NBA now.
Look at MCW if he entered the draft he could have been as good as gone.
Look at Dion and the jump he made from fresh to soph.

Wes made a huge jump and some say he was better then Johnny that other guy who was two and done the year he sat out .
If Harris left after his freshmen year he may have been drafted on potential scouts ignoring his youth. Look how much better KJO got from freshmen to sophmore.

I haven't seen alot of Gbinje to say how or how unraw he is, but the guy was a potential Mcdonalds AA. If he puts his heart to it like Dion did he could become a absolute stud.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if scouts ignore the hype more these days either. And the foreign market is larger.
This will NEVER happen. Scouts don't go to watch practice at the Melo Center. How you play in games is 1000 times more important than if you can hit some shots in practice. If you could get drafted on practice, James Southerland would have gone pro last year. He hits 80% of his 3s in practice. This is the absolute silliest thing i've ever seen posted here.

I wasn't aware that the nba got rid of the period where players can test the waters this year.
That being said I agree 100% with you now.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...minates-test-the-water-time-for-underclassmen

Had Dion and Melo sat out this year and just practiced do people honestly think they wouldn't have got drafted though?? Its very doubtfull even with the lack of game experience. With Melos case he would have to enter because of his grades. Its either that or head back to Brazil and take a bigger risk at trying to stand out where even fewer players get selected then from college ball.

A few years ago when players could test the waters before the draft deadline it could have been a very likely scenerio. In fact you could probably find a instances where it did happen to guys who averaged around 10mpg. Not going to do the work but North Carolinas last championship team would be a good place to look.

If James seriously shot around 80% in practice then his confidence should be through the roof.
Excited to hear that.

If James seriously shot around 80% in practice then his confidence should be through the roof.
Excited to hear that.

He's done this the last two years. Don't get too excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom