Gbinije has apparently made his decision | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije has apparently made his decision

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
According to Donna in the comments in this article

Donna Ditota | dditota@syracuse.com 19 hours ago I'm assuming everybody's figured out by now that Mike Gbinije is absolutely, definitely coming back to SU next season. He left the door slightly open after the Orange's last game this season, at N.C. State. Gbinije and Trevor Cooney are scheduled to graduate in the spring. Gbinije said he will seek a master's degree in his final season of college basketball; Cooney will presumably do the same. Gbinije redshirted a year after transferring from Duke. Cooney redshirted his freshman season at SU.

Didn't see it posted on here...

That's really good news,and I'm glad was wrong.
Yeah, I thought there was a good chance of him leaving. Guess he decided it was better to get a master's, play a final year, be the go-to player for a possible Tourney team and then shoot for a pro career somewhere. Nobody could blame him with whatever direction he went (as long as it wasn't the graduate transfer route)...

He's going to get a Master's degree??? Is he nuts?? GOTTA START THAT EARNING CLOCK NOW!! Why wouldn't he be trying to go play basketball for a modest salary in New Zealand instead? I mean, he's 6'7 and averaged double figures and is over 19 years old...I thought "he gone"?!??

OrangeDW said:
He's going to get a Master's degree??? Is he nuts?? GOTTA START THAT EARNING CLOCK NOW!! Why wouldn't he be trying to go play basketball for a modest salary in New Zealand instead? I mean, he's 6'7 and averaged double figures and is over 19 years old...I thought "he gone"?!??

A very good senior year and I could see him slipping into the late first round next draft.

Hey, after what we went through this time last year, don't try to talk him out of it.

He's an NBA player, eventually.

I'm looking forward to next March when all the angst of the NCAA "probe" (sic) is but a distant memory while we savage our way through the ACC tournament and the Big Dance with a team so focused on winning the 2nd National Championship for the Cuse that it will be scary!