Gbinije mentioned as a draft sleeper prospect | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije mentioned as a draft sleeper prospect

Would be lovely if G can get drafted within the 1st 10 picks of the 2nd round. Most players drafted in the top half of the 2nd round over the past few years has received guaranteed contracts. Rak and J. Grant are recent examples.

If Gbinije was two years younger, would he be a 1st rounder? I feel like the fact that he's nearly 24 years old is being overblown.

Francis03 said:
Would be lovely if G can get drafted within the 1st 10 picks of the 2nd round. Most players drafted in the top half of the 2nd round over the past few years has received guaranteed contracts. Rak and J. Grant are recent examples.

Would love to see the Knicks pick up a couple of second rounders as rumored and grab G.

If Gbinije was two years younger, would he be a 1st rounder? I feel like the fact that he's nearly 24 years old is being overblown.
NBA loves youth. G will be nearly 30 when his 2nd contract comes around. The advantage he has in his favor is that he brings plenty of experience and maturity from jump. Maybe a contending team will value that late in the 1st.

Especially since the stupid triangle is now mostly RIP status.
Agree with you, but Phil won 11 with Tex' system. I can see why he is trying to preserve the parts of it that worked for him.

Agree with you, but Phil won 11 with Tex' system. I can see why he is trying to preserve the parts of it that worked for him.
If he is really married to the the idea, he should be coaching the team himself. Otherwise, he owes it to the organization and fans to seek out the best coach available and then let that person coach. His ego seemingly won't allow that, however.

I heard it said that he is going to let Hornacek run his own system. But Phil brings a little something to the table. Credit where credit is due.

Back to the topic- Go Mike G!!!

Last edited:
NBA loves youth. G will be nearly 30 when his 2nd contract comes around. The advantage he has in his favor is that he brings plenty of experience and maturity from jump. Maybe a contending team will value that late in the 1st.

Miles matter more than age in bball. One could argue starting the physical toll of pro ball at a mature age might actually result in a prolonged longevity.

I don't see them making the pick in the first but that is such a San Antonio Spurs pick.

The Mike Gbinije I'm Possible workout video:

From those drills, you can see why he was able to so casually pick up Shoeless Ty Lydon's shoe and toss it aside, all while maintaining his dribble, and then make the pass to set up his 3. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom