Gbinije update | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije update

No SU mention among teams he's hearing from .. hmmm.

A co-worker of mine flew today from Florida to Dulles, then Dulles to Syracuse. She sat next to Gbinije's father. She barely follows Syr basketball (she is from the midwest) but told me that she 'sat next to and talked to some guy whose son was transferring from Duke'. When I asked if he said anything about coming to Syracuse she said he told her 'there really aren't any other options'.

Fab Melo was also on both flights. She is about 5'2" and got bumped up to first class both legs. He was stuck in coach the whole way. Said it was pretty funny watching him try to move down the aisle of the regional jet from IAD to SYR.

Even though he is ineligible next yr, will he be taking the schollie that Mook would have had if he wanted to come back?

A co-worker of mine flew today from Florida to Dulles, then Dulles to Syracuse. She sat next to Gbinije's father. She barely follows Syr basketball (she is from the midwest) but told me that she 'sat next to and talked to some guy whose son was transferring from Duke'. When I asked if he said anything about coming to Syracuse she said he told her 'there really aren't any other options'.

Fab Melo was also on both flights. She is about 5'2" and got bumped up to first class both legs. He was stuck in coach the whole way. Said it was pretty funny watching him try to move down the aisle of the regional jet from IAD to SYR.

So we were the only option? Weird

well if jb wants him, i want him.
As I said in some earlier thread on this topic, JB and Coach K are very close. I am sure JB would vet the kid with K before making an offer, and I am sure K would be honest with JB. Given all that, I am not concerned if we have offered the kid.

I'll take a 19 year old, former top 30 rated 6-6 shooting guard who is supposedly a good shooter with a high basketball IQ and has a year of seasoning playing with and against Duke players any day of the week.

I'll take a 19 year old, former top 30 rated 6-6 shooting guard who is supposedly a good shooter with a high basketball IQ and has a year of seasoning playing with and against Duke players any day of the week.

Ditto. Kid also looks like a good athletic fit for our system.

I've just spent the last few minutes watching some high school highlights, and I really like what I see. His shooting motion looks like it has a slight hitch, but he's got a solid handle, above average athleticism and looks to have very good body control when he goes to the hoop, enabling him to adjust his shot in midair and get the bucket.

I think he'd be a great addition, especially with another season practicing with our guys while he sits out.

I believe it's very possible that we got a commitment.

How do you feel about it Jake? Can the kid be a big contributor? Wes Johnson like transfer?

I believe it's very possible that we got a commitment.

Twitter seems to agree.

@jayhud5: My boy Mike Gbinije just committed to Syracuse.

It's like getting another Redshirt SG. First Wes, then Cooney, now this kid. It really is fantastic for the program to stagger some lengthy offensive options.

This is fantastic news! To have Cooney coming in this year with 4 years left (after practicing for a full year), and then to have Ginije elegible next year with 3 years left (after practicing for a full year this year) is a tremendous advantage for these players & SU.

If we could somehow attempt to continue this cycle, by adding one player a year like this (either by redshirting freshmen or taking talented but untroubled transfers), that is a fantastic way to ensure continued success for our program, IMO.

If the rumors of his commitment are true, then welcome Michael!

If jim is taking the kid the 6 schools must not be a problem. If the kid had problems i'm sure Coach K would have told Jim. Also jim isn't known for taking many transfers.

Anyone here have access to the Puke Board?