Gbinije update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije update

I love the idea of adding him. Never have enough shooters.

I guess now I need to learn how to actually say his last name correctly.

No SU mention among teams he's hearing from .. hmmm.
If he would talked to the expert Alex Kline first he would have known we were still on his list

I guess now I need to learn how to actually say his last name correctly.

Duke Report says Gbinije is pronounced either Ben-ni-jay or Ben-na-jay another says it's En-a-jay and then Blue Devil's Reign insists it's Bin-Uh-Jay

Hoya Talk says it's Ben-A-Jay but Big Duke Balls says it's Ga-bin-gee

OrangeInduktion says it's Ben Uh Jay

In this interview with Michael it says Bin-eh-jay but doesn't say he said that's the way it's pronounced

The News Observer has Gbinije pronounced Ben-ih-jhay

Anyone have a Duke press guide or heard Dickie V or Mike Patrick pronounce it?

Duke students called him Silent G

I think his name is a poem waiting to happen.

No matter how you slice it spell him

O-R-A-N-G-E-M-A-N

Welcome Michael

Excellent. Looks like he'll be able to play the 2 or the 3. He'll be able to step in right as Southerland graduates.

Francis/Jake/Bees, do any of you think this puts us out of the Kuran Iverson sweepstakes?

Watching his high school highlights, the PA guy always says "Ben-uh-jay" so that's what I'm going with.

This is fantastic news! To have Cooney coming in this year with 4 years left (after practicing for a full year), and then to have Ginije elegible next year with 3 years left (after practicing for a full year this year) is a tremendous advantage for these players & SU.

If we could somehow attempt to continue this cycle, by adding one player a year like this (either by redshirting freshmen or taking talented but untroubled transfers), that is a fantastic way to ensure continued success for our program, IMO.

If the rumors of his commitment are true, then welcome Michael!
Zagsblog has confirmed this too.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/28/mike-gbinije-could-make-acc-history/

Congrats.

Can't wait for the Cuse and Michael Gbinije to be in the ACC.

Zags article makes the point that due to the 2 year transfer rule in ACC, Mike G might be the only one ever to play 4 years in ACC at 2 different schools since the year he sits out, Syracuse will be in BE, not ACC.

Autry is going to be a great recruiter. GREAT recruiter.

Yup, and unlike gtown we know hes not going anywhere unless its a head coaching job. Love the loyalty with the staff

interestingly Mike G played small forward wing on same AAU team as Grant...wonder how that worked out...one of these guys is going to be a 2-g...the other a small forward...ideas anyone?

interestingly Mike G played small forward wing on same AAU team as Grant...wonder how that worked out...one of these guys is going to be a 2-g...the other a small forward...ideas anyone?
Mike G will play a lot of 2, and some 3. Grant is a 3 now but from reports he's still growing, he could end up a really athletic 4 who can play the 3 too before he's done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom