Geno rips into ND | Syracusefan.com

Geno rips into ND

...go get 'em Gino...I personally think you have balls...and you usually win with them too...you are spot on...!!!!!

CLAP CLAP CLAP ... it's about time these things that have been said over message boards for years are finally coming out of people that somewhat matter while speaking to actual presses.

The basketball coaches seem to be the ones in charge of letting the unspoken stuff be heard. No wonder all the reporters are hitting them up with this realignment stuff.

I can understand why basketball coaches are pissed (especially non-revenue) ... all these changes are being made and they have almost as much input as you and me.

"If Notre Dame had come in as a football and basketball school, all in, we wouldn't have a problem," the seven-time national champion coach said. "Miami wouldn't have left. Virginia Tech wouldn't have left. Boston College wouldn't have left. We probably wouldn't have any of these issues, would we?

Good. Hope to see a lot more articles like this one. It is flat out the truth.

"If you know you as a school have the ability to put a whole bunch of schools at ease and have the Catholic mentality of we're here to serve and help … I went to Catholic school all my life. I love Jesus and I'm not even a Republican."

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. And I'm a Republican.

Hey, Notre Dame could get so angry, that it leaves the Big East and joins the ACC. Then again, that would be UConn's dream scenario. If Notre Dame joins the ACC in all sports except for football, UConn is positioned to be the ACC's 16th member.

That was the only part of the article that I found odd. Possibly positioned? Yes. But "is" positioned?

Good for Geno. Spot on. The fact ND is leading the re-alignment committee for the big east is a joke.

"If you know you as a school have the ability to put a whole bunch of schools at ease and have the Catholic mentality of we're here to serve and help … I went to Catholic school all my life. I love Jesus and I'm not even a Republican."

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. And I'm a Republican.
Probably because it was an idiotic thing to say.

One of the biggest individual in the history of sport calling out what may be the greatest collection of as an institution.

Interesting.

Probably because it was an idiotic thing to say.

I don't think it was idiotic at all. Have you been paying attention to ND's involvement in the Big East? Marianatto just came out "praised" ND for all the help they've given the Big East and how ND's AD has been his "right hand man" for the past 18 months.

How do you semi-politely tell reporters that ND should stay the out of the conference? They've already ruined the conference and are trying to ruin it more. That's why SU & Pitt left and that's why the other football teams are leaving (if they can).

The ironic thing is they're the only ones that could have "saved" the conference all this time but instead helped kill it. The fact that this is a Catholic school with a Jesus statue over looking their field makes it worse. This isn't some private owned college, corporation or even state owned school. It's the freaking Catholic church, and they're goal is one thing: Do what's best for us and screw everybody else.

damn...N.D./catholic church just molested a bunch of adults this time...thank god this isn't high school football

Ahh, good, at last the "molestation card" was played. For a minute I thought the thread was going to focus on why ND was bad for the Big East. Thank God somebody got in the obligatory Anti- Catholic reference. Gratuitous, cheap, and offensive -- well played, not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, good, at last the "molestation card" was played. For a minute I thought the thread was going to focus on why ND was bad for the Big East. Thank God somebody got in the obligatory Anti- Catholic reference. Gratuitous, cheap, and offensive -- well played, not.

Lighten up, Francis

Substitute words like "Jew", "homo", "n...r", etc. for Catholic. If you still think its funny, it's a free country & we have the 1st Amendment. Personally, I don't find it amusing. I'm done now and, by the way, ND was ultimately bad for the Big East.

you could argue that figuratively speaking, ND has molested the Big East. They have basically taken what they wanted (parked their non football sports there for 17 years) and have left the conference for dead now.

Substitute words like "Jew", "homo", "n...r", etc. for Catholic. If you still think its funny, it's a free country & we have the 1st Amendment. Personally, I don't find it amusing. I'm done now and, by the way, ND was ultimately bad for the Big East.

Wow