George McDonald vs. Rob Spence | Syracusefan.com

George McDonald vs. Rob Spence

PhatOrange

Living Legend
who throws more bubble screens?

Remember when Clemson fans used to come visit us to say get used to the bubble screen offense.

PhatOrange said:
who throws more bubble screens? Remember when Clemson fans used to come visit us to say get used to the bubble screen offense.

Ug.

The positives of his recruiting outweigh any bad his bubble screens bring. He's bringing us legit talent.

Spence's problem is that he couldn't handle the pressure.

Just like Pariani he was overwhelmed by the job.

The thing that Macdonald has way over Spence is his willingness/has the players to run the ball.

The thing that Macdonald has way over Spence is his willingness/has the players to run the ball.

Plus, he's about 50M X the recruiter. Did Spence actually work any recruits in his brief time here?

I just recall Spence being fairly creepy in his interviews. I pictured Marrone saying don't worry Rob, I'll handle the in house visit. You just draw up some new plays.

Plus, he's about 50M X the recruiter. Did Spence actually work any recruits in his brief time here?

I just recall Spence being fairly creepy in his interviews. I pictured Marrone saying don't worry Rob, I'll handle the in house visit. You just draw up some new plays.

Spence looked like a guy who's spent the night in a cardboard box.
260825829001_605142475001_121908-spence1-flv-still.jpg

They're setting the bubble screen up for something big... I wouldn't be shocked to see some sort of drop step deep ball to Ishmael soon.. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the bubble screen being featured in an offense. Just prerogative I guess.

They're setting the bubble screen up for something big... I wouldn't be shocked to see some sort of drop step deep ball to Ishmael soon.. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the bubble screen being featured in an offense. Just prerogative I guess.
Well, AB was a QB in HS.

FIRST HAND...Spencer would get all tied up in knots and a bubble screen was an automatic audible in his offense and Marrone would then say "What"

I don't have any problem with bubble screens. I do have a problem with bubble screens being used so frequently.

Watching the Eagles game and they keep faking bubble screens or have it as an option.

So sick of it. You can't be successful running this stuff.

Watching the Eagles game and they keep faking bubble screens or have it as an option.

So sick of it. You can't be successful running this stuff.

I was thinking about our offense on the fake bubble to Cooper where Foles overthrew Maclin. Almost a huge gain. Would love for us to try that.

jekelish said:
I was thinking about our offense on the fake bubble to Cooper where Foles overthrew Maclin. Almost a huge gain. Would love for us to try that.

For sure. There's a lot to learn from Chip.

Some of the running plays to McCoy when they fake the bubble and then run the sweep the other way is beautiful.

What happened to the pop pass over the middle to the tight end that we use to run with Provo, or the slants that were so successful with lemon. Moore is a capable tight end, and Broyld and West are perfect size wise to run the slants, then we have Estime that should be getting 10 touches a game, I just feel the staff is not using the personnel in its most advantageous way. I understand that we have a different coordinator now, but why change things that work.

woody44 said:
What happened to the pop pass over the middle to the tight end that we use to run with Provo, or the slants that were so successful with lemon. Moore is a capable tight end, and Broyld and West are perfect size wise to run the slants, then we have Estime that should be getting 10 touches a game, I just feel the staff is not using the personnel in its most advantageous way. I understand that we have a different coordinator now, but why change things that work.

That's what happened last game. Lots of over the middle throws on slants into tight windows.

Perhaps the offense will bloom like a flower as we go along, using more and more of the playbook and the players getting more and more training and experience. Then the criticisms will become a faint echo.

who throws more bubble screens?

Remember when Clemson fans used to come visit us to say get used to the bubble screen offense.
has anyone watched UCLA play so far this season? Isn't the offense supposed to be based on their OC's scheme? wondering if they are bubble-screen happy as well

For sure. There's a lot to learn from Chip.

Some of the running plays to McCoy when they fake the bubble and then run the sweep the other way is beautiful.

Yep. Or they fake a toss to the WR sweeping across and execute a RB screen the other way. Good stuff. The key is to have the athletes to strike fear into a defense where they get sucked into the misdirection, I would think.

SoBeCuse said:
Yep. Or they fake a toss to the WR sweeping across and execute a RB screen the other way. Good stuff. The key is to have the athletes to strike fear into a defense where they get sucked into the misdirection, I would think.

Hmmm. Estime and Erv?

I didn't realize that Spence had trouble with pressure - I just assumed that Marrone wanted to run the offense and wanted to do it his way.

Pariani was clearly overmatched by the job.

The Gary Kubiak /Denver Bronco offense never had a chance on the Hill.

I didn't realize that Spence had trouble with pressure - I just assumed that Marrone wanted to run the offense and wanted to do it his way.

Pariani was clearly overmatched by the job.

The Gary Kubiak /Denver Bronco offense never had a chance on the Hill.

Pariani! I was trying to think of that guy's name. He was clearly in over his head. I just looked him up. He's been back to a TE coach ever since his one year as our OC.

Well, AB was a QB in HS.
The idea you're suggesting would be one hell of a play if executed correctly. The problem is the SU offense is having trouble setting up and executing the bubble screens currently - missed blocks, etc. Running a play like you suggest needs near perfect execution and I fear that if ran right now, the play would really result in a massive negative for the offense.

I was thinking more of a pump to the screen and one of the blockers breaks the block early to run deep.

Since we are doing mea culpa's, I guess I got this, along with the spelling wrong, I overestimated what he could do.

Who knew that McF***it would melt down like they did.

I guess the Cool Kid overheated.

Since we are doing mea culpa's, I guess I got this, along with the spelling wrong, I overestimated what he could do.

Who knew that McF***it would melt down like they did.

I guess the Cool Kid overheated.
hunt and allen were so bad passing last year, it kept a lot of McDonald's flaws hidden. you don't notice the coach mcsh!tting the bed as much when there's a mushroom cloud of awfulness at making simple throws

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom