Gerg Sighting! Gerg Sighting! | Syracusefan.com

Gerg Sighting! Gerg Sighting!

texascpa

Living Legend
Didn't know this, but Gerg is the Defensive Coordinator for San Jose St. They're hanging with Auburn, but I think it's more the fact that Auburn stinks than San Jose St. is good.

Anyway, that's my contribution to the forum today :D

I hate to say it, but GRob's defense looked pretty good. :noidea:

SU68 said:
I hate to say it, but GRob's defense looked pretty good. :noidea:

He did a great job at Texas two years ago after being hired about game 3. He's always been a good DC. Just not cut out to be a HC as we know.

I always thought greg could defend well against the pro offense but struggled w the spread.

The hardest coaching job to get is the first one. After that, you're pretty much set for life. As long as you don't mind moving alot.

The man has the right to earn a living at the trade he knows best.

He's always been a good DC.

No.

kenny-demens-beaver_thumb.png

Wasn't that partly because he was forced to run a scheme that he wasn't familiar with? Rodriguez was obsessed with the 3-3-5 that had practically no chance of working in the big ten.

Wasn't that partly because he was forced to run a scheme that he wasn't familiar with? Rodriguez was obsessed with the 3-3-5 that had practically no chance of working in the big ten.

3-4 in 2009, 3-3-5 in 2010.

Be mad at Rich Rod. He also ran off Shafer. No one likes his 3-3-5 stack - or at the very least get someone who has experience in actually running the damn thing!

Also in Gerg's defense - he hated bricks.

SU2NASA said:
No. In 2009, Michigan ranked 82nd of 120 teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision and 9th of 11 teams in the Big Ten Conference in total defense. In 2010, the Wolverines ranked 110th of 120 teams in FBS and 11th of 11 teams in the Big Ten in total defense.

So? Shafer was just as bad there. It was a function of Rodriquez dictating a 3-3-5 or whatever defense it was which doesn't work in the b10. So yes.

Last edited:
Andpuppets said:

It doesn't work in the b10. Didn't work for Shafer either.

Yup

I never understood why he took the position given that condition. Greg & Rich became friends during their BE days which may have clouded things...

Yup

I never understood why he took the position given that condition. Greg & Rich became friends during their BE days which may have clouded things...

Not sure Robinson had a lot of offers, but probably wasn't the best career move for Shafer. But, it all worked out, I guess.

brandokc said:
GRob was atrocious in KC.

Wasn't his 1st year better than the year before he got there? And wasn't his last year better than the year after he left by a TD per game? I think we've done this before. KC has never been much of a defensive team IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom