Gerrard to Galaxy | Syracusefan.com

Gerrard to Galaxy

Not sure his destination has been 100% sorted yet. MLS yes, club no.

Right, It seems about 90% it will be LA though

Could be. I've just seen waaaaayyyy too many football transfer rumors be 90% and not transpire. He'll be stateside 100%. Still he could go to NY who have money or even Seattle who have the ticket sales to afford players.

Presuming he wants to go to an organization that is a proven winner with a strong system LA makes a lot of sense. LA does a good job in how they handle DP's as well. The majority of all their DP's have done very well. MLS is going to have a lot of good players in the league next season regardless of whether they are aging or not.

Presuming he wants to go to an organization that is a proven winner with a strong system LA makes a lot of sense. LA does a good job in how they handle DP's as well. The majority of all their DP's have done very well. MLS is going to have a lot of good players in the league next season regardless of whether they are aging or not.
Plus we aren't sure what the deal is with the Red Bulls, they seemed to have tightened the purse strings having had an unused DP for a year and a half. There were even rumors they were selling the team although they have denied it. My son is an ESC member ( supporters club for NYRB ) so we keep pretty close tabs on them.

Plus we aren't sure what the deal is with the Red Bulls, they seemed to have tightened the purse strings having had an unused DP for a year and a half. There were even rumors they were selling the team although they have denied it. My son is an ESC member ( supporters club for NYRB ) so we keep pretty close tabs on them.

I thought that rumor was kinda odd as well. It was in a couple of articles around Thierry Henry's future before he announced his retirement. Made little sense as well considering now you have a crosstown rival with NYFC coming aboard. Having that is really good for growing the sport in the NYC region.

I thought that rumor was kinda odd as well. It was in a couple of articles around Thierry Henry's future before he announced his retirement. Made little sense as well considering now you have a crosstown rival with NYFC coming aboard. Having that is really good for growing the sport in the NYC region.
Red Bulls drop Petke, they just lost the core of their most ardent supporters. Petke was immensely popular among the South Ward ( supporter sections ) Terrible decision, one of a long line of terrible decisions that this franchise has made. ( They dropped Arena after one season )

And now you have the lampard situation with nycfc and his lack of an agreement with mls going on as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom