Get over it. Time to move on. | Syracusefan.com

Get over it. Time to move on.

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
Am I disappointed in the resulting schedule?

Am I disappointed on how it all went down?

Did the staff at Manley bobble, or drop, the scheduling ball?

Will there be a few times during the next 10 months where I'll be shaking my head about all of this?

The answer to all of those questions is "Yes!".

That said, it is what it is. All the griping in the world won't make a difference for the coming season. There will likely be an exchange of opinion with TGD in the near future (but only after a cooling down period).

It's time to move on and make the most of the situation. If some won't renew their season tickets then I'll understand. If, as a result, there's an opportunity for me to improve my seating location then I will.

In the mean time, I'll be looking forward to the start of the season.

p.s.: it probably doesn't hurt the JAB's boys are providing a level of distraction.

Agreed we need to make fun of stuff like this. Instead of bitching about the schedule this probably is the most douche thing I have ever watched.

Can't say our tailgating group is excited about only 5 games this year but we will manage. Plus two of the crew get a home game in NYC and the rest of us have to travel to them for once.

Actually had two people ask to be included in our ticket purchase, so not everyone is not wanting to renew.

It is what it is at this point and we need to make the best of it.

Already ready to get the tent out in the lot and start the grill and the music.

Let's go Orange!

Upside might be if this gets us on TV more/better time slots.

Agreed we need to make fun of stuff like this. Instead of bitching about the schedule this probably is the most douche thing I have ever watched.
I couldn't even finish it. Talk about bad. Awful. And that is supposed to dis Kansas?

If that team is as "soft" as that video, chalk up a win on 17 NOV.

Wow I'm at a loss for words, that was so incredibly lame. They have brought great shame on themselves, their families, and finally the flagship institution of the state of Misery. I hope that is played by opposing teams at Misery's away games as it will probably have more of an emasculating effect than a pink locker room ever could.

I curse you for posting this abomination fore this was a few minutes of my life I will never get back. Also, as I type this, the lame auto tune refrain is repeating in my head.

Is it wrong to feel such contempt for these posers, yet feel so sorry for them at the same time?

I'll drop the preferred seats this year and get the food stamp seating...no way this schedule is worth the $$$$ and I know I can always go back to the preferred seating in another year or two.

The big issue is this schedule makes a bowl game extremely unlikely, and is probably another nail in the coffin of the football program. If at the end of 2012 the Pinstripe Bowl looks like an anomaly and not the beginning of a trend...we're screwed. Hopefully all the folks happy we are playing "good teams" feel the same way as we watch "good teams" kick our asses in football for the next 20 years...

Upside might be if this gets us on TV more/better time slots.

Possibly...not sure that being able to have the entire nation watch us get blown out repeatedly this season is good for either our reputation or recruiting.

Am I disappointed in the resulting schedule?

Am I disappointed on how it all went down?

Did the staff at Manley bobble, or drop, the scheduling ball?

Will there be a few times during the next 10 months where I'll be shaking my head about all of this?

The answer to all of those questions is "Yes!".

That said, it is what it is. All the griping in the world won't make a difference for the coming season. There will likely be an exchange of opinion with TGD in the near future (but only after a cooling down period).

It's time to move on and make the most of the situation. If some won't renew their season tickets then I'll understand. If, as a result, there's an opportunity for me to improve my seating location then I will.

In the mean time, I'll be looking forward to the start of the season.

p.s.: it probably doesn't hurt the JAB's boys are providing a level of distraction.
Agreed. Time to move on. This is one of those times I wish I drank beer.

I'll drop the preferred seats this year and get the food stamp seating...no way this schedule is worth the $$$$ and I know I can always go back to the preferred seating in another year or two.

The big issue is this schedule makes a bowl game extremely unlikely, and is probably another nail in the coffin of the football program. If at the end of 2012 the Pinstripe Bowl looks like an anomaly and not the beginning of a trend...we're screwed. Hopefully all the folks happy we are playing "good teams" feel the same way as we watch "good teams" kick our asses in football for the next 20 years...

I like our chances better of getting six wins with @Mizzou and @Temple than @TCU and @WFVU.

Also this is infinitely better than two 1AAs. That is basically unarguable.

It sucks for a lot of reasons, but it's not the end of the world, unless those pesky Mayans are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm too excited for football, to bother complaining.

I love the schedule. If we go to Missouri and win, we turn heads. If we go to Mizzou and lose, no one bats an eyelash (excluding SU fans).

If we want to start making our way back to consistent ranked seasons. We can't be afraid to take risks with our schedule. If we, somehow, run the table on the Big East. We become like BSU. People will say we played, and beat, no one. Well if we sweep the Big East, and beat USC and Mizzou we validate ourselves.

Possibly...not sure that being able to have the entire nation watch us get blown out repeatedly this season is good for either our reputation or recruiting.
To his credit, Marrone rarely gets blown out. It might not be pretty, but for the most part we have respectable showings.

That is hilarious. They aren't being serious. Nothing like watching a bunch of white preps think they are T-Pain...

quality vs quantity. with 2 less games to cater this year can tailgaters expect perhaps a maine lobster tail ,champagne and a second heaping scoop of mac and cheese?

Is Gross going to hype up the Mizzou game as "The J-Bowl"?

I don't get the overall disdain for this move? So we're playing a team equal to @WVU. And instead of TCU we're playing @Temple? Both are equally winnable, if not more winnable. So whats with the disdain? Because we're playing the #1 team in the Meadowlands? So what. We're in the ACC next year and this was a shitshow brought on by Big East management. Lets go out and make the most of our schedule instead of wallowing in self pity about having to go to an SEC team and potentially upset them.

I don't get the overall disdain for this move? So we're playing a team equal to @WVU. And instead of TCU we're playing @Temple? Both are equally winnable, if not more winnable. So whats with the disdain? Because we're playing the #1 team in the Meadowlands? So what. We're in the ACC next year and this was a shitshow brought on by Big East management. Lets go out and make the most of our schedule instead of wallowing in self pity about having to go to an SEC team and potentially upset them.
If you truly don't prefer a home game over a road game then you're likely:
  1. not a "local"
  2. not a season ticket holder
Those that have shown commitment to regularly attending home games would've preferred a "decent" home game over a road game. Any time an AQ program doesn't have at least 6 true home games something is amiss.

"It's time to move on and make the most of the situation. If some won't renew their season tickets then I'll understand. If, as a result, there's an opportunity for me to improve my seating location"

i've had no trouble improving my seating location second half into loogey range of the SU bench.

I get it. The USC game should be at home. But this decision was made well before we were even ACC bound. So you want Gross to throw away millions which the program desperately needs because we got backed into a corner by a combination of many things well beyond our control?

Nope... just expected another home game to replace TCU.

A winnable FBS game would've been OK. That would've meant home OOC games against FCS, FBS & BCS opponents... a nice mix.

Since Preferred Seating prices are not prorated, the cost of attendance per game for people in those seats just went up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom