Girardi | Syracusefan.com

Girardi

CaliCuse

All American
His shortcoming as a manager IMO is his lack of small ball disicipline Yesterday Didi came to the plate with a man on second. no outs. His job was to get this baserunner to third base for the tie run. If Giardi assumed that Didi knew this he blew it Didi should have at the very least bunted him over He failed on all fronts He didn't drive him in OR move the runner to third with one out I don't think that Didi is that baseball smart to have known this. At the very least he should have had the third base coach give him signs to put the ball down or flat out call time and have the coach call Didi to him for a verbal instruction As fars Giardi is concerned its not nearly the first time he has neglected to coach small ball and lost runs.

You don't bunt when you have a team that can score runs like the Yankees can, and you play in that ballpark.

Michael Kay ranted on his radio show yesterday about so many Yankee fans disliking Cashman and Girardi. I agree with him that the hate is mostly unwarranted. Neither guy is perfect, but overall I think both men have done their jobs pretty well.

You don't bunt when you have a team that can score runs like the Yankees can, and you play in that ballpark.
You can't predict Homeruns.Bunting a baserunner to 3rd base with less than two out should be a run if the next batter can manage t o make decent contact with the ball . A grounder not hit hard to infielder playing in or even a fly ball can produce the run. %s favor the team with the opportunity with a man on third and less than two out. If there are NO outs the chance of scoring the run go up exponentially.

You can't predict Homeruns.Bunting a baserunner to 3rd base with less than two out should be a run if the next batter can manage t o make decent contact with the ball . A grounder not hit hard to infielder playing in or even a fly ball can produce the run. %s favor the team with the opportunity with a man on third and less than two out. If there are NO outs the chance of scoring the run go up exponentially.

But this is American league baseball, and you have to play to your teams strengths. You don't bunt over runners unless you are a team that struggles to score runs.

I am a Red Sox fan. Giardi is a great manager. He kept the Yankees alive the last two years. People can micro manage any managers moves or lack of moves. That is what makes baseball great. But in the long run, the Yankees would be worse off without both Cashman and Giardi.

I am a Red Sox fan. Giardi is a great manager. He kept the Yankees alive the last two years. People can micro manage any managers moves or lack of moves. That is what makes baseball great. But in the long run, the Yankees would be worse off without both Cashman and Giardi.

You don't judge a manager by individual game, everyone can quibble with a move here and there. You judge a manager on how he handles a group of 25 different individuals over a 162 game schedule, and how he handles a bullpen, and Girardi does a great job of those things.

Teams get guys in from third with less than 2 outs like 57% of the time. Some people seem to think it's like 90%.

I like both Girardi and Cashman. I think both have done a very good job the last few years.

Percentages say that you have a better chance of scoring a run with a runner on second with no outs than a runner on third with one out. He made the correct call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom