Give Tim Lester His Own Thread | Syracusefan.com

Give Tim Lester His Own Thread

And Shafer may be his DC
Would be VERY interested to see how that pans.

Edit: Don't wanna take away from Lester in this thread. Very happy for him.

Interestingly, despite not many fans when he was here, his offense had a higher points per possession, points per game and yards per play than the 2016 team. Popcorn and soda

Interestingly, despite not many fans when he was here, his offense had a higher points per possession, points per game and yards per play than the 2016 team. Popcorn and soda

Also the slowest playing self limiting offense on the sport

Where did you get your numbers? According to ESPN 2016 had 1,451 more yards of offense and 5 more touchdowns each in 12 games.

In my opinion he was the best coach on Shafers staff. I actually posted that he would have made a good head coach. I absolutely believe that if Shafer had named him OC from the start that Shafer wouid still be our coach.

Not points per game.

Good for Tim. A very likable coach. It would be good to see him do well.

I was not a fan of some aspects of his 2015 offense. Having a WR run through the backfield on what seemed like almost every play just drove me nuts. He may have done that based on available personnel instead of what he would've preferred to run. I'll be curious to see what kind of offense he runs at the new gig.

Good luck, Tim!

And Shafer may be his DC
Lester is a legend at Western Michigan. Record setting QB there who came back as an assistant coach, then hit the big time as a coordinator at the P5 level.

He helped got DeAndre Smith a job at Purdue in 2015. I suspect he will follow Tim there.

I agree Scott would be his first choice as DC. But I think Scott might want to work closer to Ithaca and Wolfie. He can make more money elsewhere too, though I think at this point that isn't very important to him. Possible landing spots for Scott include Michigan, Oregon, NC State, Maryland and Pitt. But Ithaca just changed their head coach. Could see Scott signing up as their DC to be close to family.

Other candidates for DC i can think of include Chuck Bullough, Tim Daoust and Steve Morrison. Chuck seems the best fit...he is DL coach at EMU now.

Would not be surprised if he brings in Bill Cubit, his OC at WMU, as OC or QB coach,

Good luck to Tim. Good guy, talented coach, thought he did well here under trying circumstances.

Lester is a legend at Western Michigan. Record setting QB there who came back as an assistant coach, then hit the big time as a coordinator at the P5 level.

He helped got DeAndre Smith a job at Purdue in 2015. I suspect he will follow Tim there.

I agree Scott would be his first choice as DC. But I think Scott might want to work closer to Ithaca and Wolfie. He can make more money elsewhere too, though I think at this point that isn't very important to him. Possible landing spots for Scott include Michigan, Oregon, NC State, Maryland and Pitt. But Ithaca just changed their head coach. Could see Scott signing up as their DC to be close to family.

Other candidates for DC i can think of include Chuck Bullough, Tim Daoust and Steve Morrison. Chuck seems the best fit...he is DL coach at EMU now.

Would not be surprised if he brings in Bill Cubit, his OC at WMU, as OC or QB coach,

Good luck to Tim. Good guy, talented coach, thought he did well here under trying circumstances.
Daoust is DC at Ball State. My thought is he will stay in Ohio. I think I saw that Bullough is involved with the fb program at Michigan State? And isn't Wolfgang a senior this year?

Daoust is DC at Ball State. My thought is he will stay in Ohio. I think I saw that Bullough is involved with the fb program at Michigan State? And isn't Wolfgang a senior this year?
According to the EMU and Wikipedia sites, Chuck is at EMU. His twitter account also indicates this.

I think he is most likely since WMU is probably preferable to Chuck and he could be a DC again.

Scott places a huge premium on working with people he likes and is comfortable with. For that reason, WMU has to be attractive to him.

I believe Wolf will be a senior next season.

Wolfgang was a SR this year.. HS grad in 2012 so I dont think he has any eligibility left.

This was Wolf's last season. SS was at every game.

I could see SS going a variety of ways, but, Ithaca isn't one imo.

The Pittsburgh forum says he will join Pitt's staff as a defensive back or linebacker coach. They like the hire if it's made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom