Give Tim Lester His Own Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Give Tim Lester His Own Thread

Good luck to Lester.
He starts next year at USC with Sam Darnold. They will be top 10.
Then at Michigan State.
Woof that is hard. If he splits that start lookout.

This was Wolf's last season. SS was at every game.

I could see SS going a variety of ways, but, Ithaca isn't one imo.
Okay, my mistake. His bio on the Ithaca web site says he is a junior but it apparently has not been updated in a year.

Ithaca College Athletics

If Wolf is done, put my money on him taking a job with Pitt.

Maybe somebody here could help me out? My cell # for Tim is old, does anybody have his new #? Please PM me if you do.

I may need to hear it from him a few more times before that really sinks in.
That poster thinks Scott Shafer got screwed. So anytime he can he will remind as such.
Our 2015 offense was not better than the 2016 offense unless you count defensive/special team/OT scores in the PPG.
We also ran a lot more plays in 2016'which skews the yards per play metric.

Lester found Dungey. He has an eye for talent and I thought he did a great job developing the qbs last yr ( considering one was a true frosh and one was a juco).

Good post.

Very true.

Congrats to Tim...wish him the best...same with Scott...hoping they both find success and their families are well...both good guys...moving on...

do we have a board for useless former assistant coaches with no real ties to Syracuse, who nobody cares about??

if so, move this there.

I like Lester, but his best offense seemed to be triple option, which is hard to sustain. Could work at EMU I guess. However, I think he needs to adopt a new offense. That "its multiple" description really meant "we don't have an identity!"

I've seen a couple references to this:

'Lester, the former Broncos quarterback who was crushed when he didn't get the head coaching job at his alma mater four years ago'
'Normal' won't cut it for Tim Lester at Western Michigan

I didn't know he was in the running for the WMU job before he was hired at SU as QB coach.

I wish Tim well. PJ Fleck is dick but he's a good coach. Tim's got big shoes to fill.

Here's another tidbit from that article that I referenced above:

Lester will receive a budget of $1.1 million for his nine-man assistant coach team. No assistants have been hired; he plans to meet with Fleck's holdovers on campus Sunday.

That seems to be a terribly small pool of money.

Good news & glad he has a chance to be a head coach again. The MAC is a fun conference to watch and a breeding ground for coaches on their way up. Will be fun to watch how Lester does over the next few years.

They added in D and ST TDs too
you just have to laugh that this continues to be a thing. people turn into unfrozen caveman lawyer when people bring up arcane mumbo jumbo like "offense" "defense" "special teams". "it confuses and frightens me, all i know is ..."

Hey, if all goes well both Syracuse and Lester can exact some revenge against that giant turd who plays for Central Mich who cheapshotted Dungey.

On both the goon and the coach who I have little doubt told his guys to get Dungey - who up to that point was killing CMU.

his offense might be a good fit for a underfunded michigan team that plays outside. his experience at elmhurst might transfer there better than here.

you just have to laugh that this continues to be a thing. people turn into unfrozen caveman lawyer when people bring up arcane mumbo jumbo like "offense" "defense" "special teams". "it confuses and frightens me, all i know is ..."
Frozen caveman lawyer was using his identity as a scam to get over.

I've seen a couple references to this:

'Lester, the former Broncos quarterback who was crushed when he didn't get the head coaching job at his alma mater four years ago'
'Normal' won't cut it for Tim Lester at Western Michigan

I didn't know he was in the running for the WMU job before he was hired at SU as QB coach.

I wish Tim well. PJ Fleck is dick but he's a good coach. Tim's got big shoes to fill.

I didn't realize that Tim was such an important figure with WM Football. Apparently, he had quite a career there as a player.

his offense might be a good fit for a underfunded michigan team that plays outside. his experience at elmhurst might transfer there better than here.

Of course he had one season here.

Dino has made clear that it takes at least a year and a half for players to figure out a new offense.

And, his offense had some pretty decent moments in 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom