GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

He was quoted in an Albany paper as Gerry being the most ready assistant he’s ever had to become a head coach. Interesting take?

Considering this is from a guy who every year seemed to have his “best recruiting class ever”, I think we can safely say JB tailors his comments to the moment with little regard for their factual content. Not an interesting take, just a typical hyperbolic one from JB.

He was quoted in an Albany paper as Gerry being the most ready assistant he’s ever had to become a head coach. Interesting take?
Consistent with what he said to Michael Kay on his CenterStage show on the YES Network about 10 or 11 years ago: If he could only have one person in a foxhole with him he'd want it to be Gerry McNamara because he's the "toughest guy I ever had". Anyone interested may be able to find the video of this part of the hour long interview on YouTube.

Last edited:
JB always overhyped everything. The greatest recruiting class ever, etc. There’s no way Gmac is more ready than Hop was. No offense to Gmac.

Congratulations HCGMac. So many amazing and wonderful SU hoops memories. Thank you for everyone of them, go make some more for you and others to enjoy!

Considering this is from a guy who every year seemed to have his “best recruiting class ever”, I think we can safely say JB tailors his comments to the moment with little regard for their factual content. Not an interesting take, just a typical hyperbolic one from JB.
Exactly. It's been a half century. Don't people know JB yet?

Consistent with what he said to Michael Kay on his CenterStage show on the YES Network about 10 or 11 years ago: If he could only have one person in a foxhole with him he'd want it to be Gerry McNamara because he's the "toughest guy I ever had". Anyone interested may be able to find the video of this part of the hour long interview on YouTube.
Here's the video of JB on Michael Kay's CenterStage on YES from 2013 when he talks about GMac. It's 2:23 long. It's the last question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom