GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

It played on my laptop on Chrome. I'm using Windows 10 and the up to day version of Chrome is Version 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I am windows 10 and using:
Chrome is up to date
Version 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Get black empty boxes for their videos...

Worked in firefox on same system tho...

I am windows 10 and using:
Chrome is up to date
Version 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Get black empty boxes for their videos...

Worked in firefox on same system tho...
Firewall or work restrictions?

Luv’d GMac player. Have little understanding if he is a good coach or not, but have not been happy the staff, in general, for a long time, so I am hopeful this a positive for SU.
This job is expected to come open this week; any insight if GMac had interest in the past? Is he aiming higher? Would seem like a fit.

Thanks for the memories Gerry and good luck.

It'll be interesting to see who gets to the NCAA's first, SU or Siena.
The league is solid and he’s taking over a trash team. I’d bet you 10 grand right now that Red will.

You’re a Firefox
200.gif

"Former Syracuse booster offers to help Siena's Gerry McNamara" - Times Union
"Adam Weitsman, a scrap-metal business mogul who cut ties with Syracuse athletics last year, indicated Wednesday night he's willing to support McNamara by funding name, image and likeness deals for Siena players."
“I will try to support what they already have only if I’m needed,” Weitsman wrote. “They have a very passionate fan base and the collectives are trying really hard. Really good people behind it. Gerry is my friend so if he ever asks I’ll try to help.”
“He called and said he’s very excited for the new job and he thinks he can make a difference right away,” wrote Weitsman, who lives in the Syracuse suburb of Skaneateles. “He’s really a amazing coach and a huge score for Siena.”

McNamara spoke at his Tuesday news conference about the role of NIL in recruiting players. He has several scholarships available to improve a team that went 4 28 last season

“It’s a factor,” McNamara said. “I think the biggest thing is you’re not going to ever hear us talk to a recruit that’s going to be the first thing you talk about. It’s such a dangerous game we’re playing where, I mean, I get it. I can’t blame these kids nowadays. It’s the model they’ve been given and they’re taking advantage of it. But I’ve said it before, I’m not going to sacrifice in terms of what I’ve felt because I was in a program where it’s all about tradition and history and you should have pride wearing the jersey. That’s still going to be the first conversation I have with these guys.

“Obviously you’re going to get down the line in terms of relationships, but eventually the conversation’s going to happen of, like, ‘Hey, this is great, I really like you guys but what are we looking like?” McNamara continued. “So it’s something, obviously, we’re going to address. I’ll do everything I can to try to elevate the profile of it as we move forward, obviously just collectives and you’ve got to do your best in this position to reach out to as many people as you can, and there’s a lot of people in this area that want to help. I’ll do the head-coaching thing and go down those avenues.”

April 3, 2024
Photo of Mark Singelais
By Mark Singelais

Last edited:
"Former Syracuse booster offers to help Siena's Gerry McNamara" - Times Union
"Adam Weitsman, a scrap-metal business mogul who cut ties with Syracuse athletics last year, indicated Wednesday night he's willing to support McNamara by funding name, image and likeness deals for Siena players."
Here it is -
Well that would help Gerry get off to good start.
Wonder how much money we're talking here.
Wonder if Siena would have any qualms about such an affiliation.

Here it is -
I can see Gerry politely turning down any support from Weitsman... Adam stated that he would help by cutting NIL deals directly with players which is exactly what got him in trouble with SU... Gerry doesn't need that kind of headache... either donate to the collectives or don't help at all.

Here it is -
Much smaller scale than what he would do at Syracuse.

I can see Gerry politely turning down any support from Weitsman... Adam stated that he would help by cutting NIL deals directly with players which is exactly what got him in trouble with SU... Gerry doesn't need that kind of headache... either donate to the collectives or don't help at all.
Gerry called AW, he is seeking his NIL support.

But this is what the TU article said:
“I will try to support what they already have only if I’m needed,” Weitsman wrote.”

But this is what the TU article said:
“I will try to support what they already have only if I’m needed,” Weitsman wrote.”
Yes... which translates... thanks for offering Adam, I'll let you know if I ever need your help... which is politely declining

The league is solid and he’s taking over a trash team. I’d bet you 10 grand right now that Red will.

I don't gamble and it's interesting you wanted to bet me when I just simply asked a question.

That said to your point, transfers can change that in a flash.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom