GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

I literally cannot stand Will Brown. He was interviewing for the St. Bonaventure job when they fired Anthony Solomon (who was tasked with cleaning up their scandal mess). Instead of just politely withdrawing his name in a classy manner when he wasn't interested, he went on to say in the Albany papers that taking the Bonaventure job would be career suicide.

Bonnies goes on to hire Mark Schmidt who has been there ever since, is now there all time wins leader and could literally run for mayor and win. Meanwhile Brown has been bumming around the Albany area coaching whatever teams he can find. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

His diplomacy skills could use some polishing. But - that's part of why him to Siena would be phenomenal. I guarantee he'd have some awesome "heel" quotes about UAlbany right out of the gate that would turn that fan base against him in a major way. Some guys are much better heels than babyfaces - he is certainly one of them.

I have only heard negative things about Will Brown since I started going to/following MAAC and Siena hoops but I spent a semester working in UAlbany Athletics and I can't remember him even being spoken of once. I remember thinking it was weird but I was too nervous to ask about him. Lol.

I do, however, know the real story about Tehoka Nanticoke's "injury." Lol. Don't think I was posting on here, yet.

I literally cannot stand Will Brown. He was interviewing for the St. Bonaventure job when they fired Anthony Solomon (who was tasked with cleaning up their scandal mess). Instead of just politely withdrawing his name in a classy manner when he wasn't interested, he went on to say in the Albany papers that taking the Bonaventure job would be career suicide.

Bonnies goes on to hire Mark Schmidt who has been there ever since, is now there all time wins leader and could literally run for mayor and win. Meanwhile Brown has been bumming around the Albany area coaching whatever teams he can find. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.
I've never really been a big fan either but a lot of people do like him.

The leaders in that athletic department leave a lot to be desired.
I know this for a fact as well. I have a friend and a relative that have coached there. No respect for the AD from either.

Gerry has zero path to the SU HC job without leaving . ZERO . unless red drops dead. if red does well red stays. if red fails the whole staff is gone. won't be an in staff hire. that's the reality.
sienna would be a good start for any new coach.

Nice job if he can get it. Any chance Girard can get another year to help fill Times Union?

Nice job if he can get it. Any chance Girard can get another year to help fill Times Union?

They do play in the times union arena (which is a major step up from a lot of the mid-major fieldhouses.)

That said, I live in the area and have never gone to a siena game (Not even when Orr was there RIP) nor seen how/if they ever come close to filling it... and have heard that the Athletic Department is kinda messed up...

Might go to one if Gerry takes over tho...

Mike Hopkins redux if this is the case? Or is he going to the Association/

They do play in the times union arena (which is a major step up from a lot of the mid-major fieldhouses.)

That said, I live in the area and have never gone to a siena game (Not even when Orr was there RIP) nor seen how/if they ever come close to filling it... and have heard that the Athletic Department is kinda messed up...

Might go to one if Gerry takes over tho...
This year they averaged around 5K. When they winning, they averaged around 7K or so. Several years ago, they curtained off the upper level to make it more intimate. I believe it now seats 8K or so. When they were at their peak, they had many games in excess of 10K. During Craig Forth's senior year, I believe they sold out when SU played there.

Btw, it's now the MVP Center.

This year they averaged around 5K. When they winning, they averaged around 7K or so. Several years ago, they curtained off the upper level to make it more intimate. I believe it now seats 8K or so. When they were at their peak, they had many games in excess of 10K. During Craig Forth's senior year, I believe they sold out when SU played there.

Btw, it's now the MVP Center.

Right... truth be told, I still most often refer to it as The Knick...

i would imagine GMACS first call is to DEVO as first chair. and then add cooney to the staff.
Would Jimmy Boeheim be part of either staff going forward? Didn't he mention coaching at some point

Would Jimmy Boeheim be part of either staff going forward? Didn't he mention coaching at some point
He’s making money playing, I’m sure he’s fine for now.

I know that Siena went after him hard last time and they really wanted him. Iv been told there are probably 3/4 names. Gerry is considered the top candidate.

Would go along with the rumors Gerry could be moving on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom