GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

If we have a spot open on our bench I would love to go outside the Syracuse Family again. New eyes on the program is always good.
I can almost guarantee that the next ass't will be from outside the family. We need a powerful recruiter that could hit say NYC and NJ. Or maybe Philly.

I can almost guarantee that the next ass't will be from outside the family. We need a powerful recruiter that could hit say NYC and NJ. Or maybe Philly.

I agree that 100% should be what Red does. We also shouldn't fill our roster out until we hire said assistant coach just incase they have ties to some players who are in the portal or may go into the portal

You also need a great teacher. Player development is still key when trying to improve fundamentals.

I'm curious to what steps Devo has taken to be a college ass't coach. He hasn't coached at the high school level, has he? He isn't involved with AAU, is he? What does he add? I wish him well but there are people that have paid their dues that would help Gerry a lot more. He might take Devo. But the smart move would be for him to take guys that most likely we have never heard of.
Not saying Devo should be on our staff but wasn’t he an assistant at Detroit Mercy for a year?

If we have a spot open on our bench I would love to go outside the Syracuse Family again. New eyes on the program is always good.
It MUST go outside of the SU family. Red needs to hire a top tier assistant with deep recruiting ties and a strong ability to scheme and coach up the team. It will be a critically important hire for Red, he has to get it right.

I'm curious to what steps Devo has taken to be a college ass't coach. He hasn't coached at the high school level, has he? He isn't involved with AAU, is he? What does he add? I wish him well but there are people that have paid their dues that would help Gerry a lot more. He might take Devo. But the smart move would be for him to take guys that most likely we have never heard of.
Didn't Devo get into it with the other team as an assistant for The Army? I appreciate his role in this community but there are literally thousands of better candidates.

Not saying Devo should be on our staff but wasn’t he an assistant at Detroit Mercy for a year?

Yes he was but we’re talking sienas staff not SU.

He can get a head job.

Maybe who knows the head coach job market is strange sometimes. Lead assistant at an ACC school is a good option if a solid HC job doesn't open up this round.

Anyone have a short list of names to replace Gmac? I think someone floated around a Monteverde coach (assuming its an assistant) but was curious if any other names came up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom