GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

Good for GMac. I know it's an odd situation since he's so closely tied to Syracuse for a plethora of reasons, but being able to have assistants roll off to get new opportunities is what should be happening. Assistants leave.

Hope GMac crushes it and becomes one of the hottest names in college head coaching. I hope we replace him with a very capable assistant. Wins all around and we'll see what the future holds.

Anyone know a timeline for Siena? If GMAC is the man, he needs to start pounding the portal soon. Siena has very little talent on their roster right now.
The TU article said maybe by the end of the week. Mike Deane, a former Siena coach, is pushing for Matt Brady, a former Siena player to be hired. If that’s a real consideration on Siena’s part it could slow things up.

This would be great for us.

First, GMac gets his shot at running a program and we get another program to follow and root for.

Second, Red has a chance to continue getting away from the JB mess. We really need to continue disconnecting from the past. Bring in a seasoned recruiter or more likely, a guy with major HS connections. We love GMac but his ability to bring in talent was questionable to say the least.

Ideally someone with some X’s and O’s experience/success would be added but for whatever reason that doesn’t seem likely. Need help there but for now adding more connections would be ideal.

Glad for Gerry. Kid now gets to spread his wings, leave the fold, and get some HC experience. Nice opportunity for him.

And it's also a nice opportunity for our coaching staff to expand beyond just guys with ties to our program. Really need to upgrade, and GMac heading to Siena is a golden opportunity to do just that.

Win-win, for both parties. And hope GMac kills it there.

Congrats and best of luck GMac.
We'll be rooting for the Siena Saints (when they go marching in).

Glad for Gerry. Kid now gets to spread his wings, leave the fold, and get some HC experience. Nice opportunity for him.

And it's also a nice opportunity for our coaching staff to expand beyond just guys with ties to our program. Really need to upgrade, and GMac heading to Siena is a golden opportunity to do just that.

Win-win, for both parties. And hope GMac kills it there.
This is the goal. I hope Red has the vision and I’m afraid he might not.

Red shouldn't just automatically bump guys up like a factory line. I like Griff but I don't see why he should be promoted. Red should use the Assoc HC title to entice the best possible assistant.

144% THIS.

Land the next guy, and then the most qualified of the 3 gets the AHC title.
(and if offering that is required to land them, then Red prolly needs to just do that.)

144% THIS.

Land the next guy, and then the most qualified of the 3 gets the AHC title.
(and if offering that is required to land them, then Red prolly needs to just do that.)

Agree but that said, would Griff go with GMAC?

He will be sorely missed. I am looking forward to watching some Siena basketball. Was he a lead recruiter on anyone? Should we be worried there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom