GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

We all know that a certain guard that plays at Clemson has run out of eligibility after this year. This guard has very close ties to gmac and happens to be from the Albany area. Does gmac give this guard a start in his coaching career after a few years of his playing overseas?

Interesting thought. I’m not sure Joe will be ready to stop playing though. I see him going overseas and playing for a few years first. But who knows right? His masters at Clemson is in athletic leadership. Sounds like coaching or admin to me.

Interesting thought. I’m not sure Joe will be ready to stop playing though. I see him going overseas and playing for a few years first. But who knows right? His masters at Clemson is in athletic leadership. Sounds like coaching or admin to me.
I could also see a Buddy or Jimmy Boeheim exploring coaching after their playing careers end.

Where is Tony Bland now? Is he still up under probation from the USC bribery case?

Wondering if GMAC would throw Benny a lifeline. Can't imagine he's getting much interest in the portal. Would be high risk/reward move. If Benny got the negative stuff out of his head, he could kill it in the MAAC.
Please. Benny will find a landing place, but it won't be Siena.

If it was Joseph Katuka that the Twitter post I saw a week or so was talking about, that would look like a good add on paper - defensive player of the year as a 6-11, 247 lb big man at George Washington. From Nigeria, worked for Basketball Without Borders, Nigeria's national team. Connections with elite players from Monteverde, of course.

Last edited:
Could be a good fit for him and Taylor.
I was just thinking about Riley Mulvey who plays for Iowa from Albany Academy. He redshirted this past season after two pretty uneventful seasons. His dad is a Siena alumni so could possibly be another future Saint.

Last edited:
Looks like Ben Lee from Washington might be on staff for Gmac. He was the recruiting coordinator for Hop and has connections with the city rocks.
needs as much help as he can get with recruiting.

IMG_5275.jpeg

I think that is doubtful. Pete's wife administers the Boeheim Foundation, they are expecting their second child this summer, and they seem to have found a nice niche in the Syracuse community.
No wonder Peter Carey hasn't entered the portal.

ok so now that gerry is officially gone let's schedule Sienna annually and kick their A$$$. humiliate his team , make him bow before us and feast upon the lamentations of their fans.

aea9c068407efbef440ac93502987d77.jpg

Last edited:
GMAC homecoming sells a few more tickets than your average tomato can and we get to do Beat Siena week again. It's all winning.
The only downside is on Red. Lose to Gmac's mid-major talent and fans will have something to say about Wildhack's choice. I wouldn't love it if I were Red, but I'd do it to throw Gmac a bone.

Has the Eagle landed here? I haven't seen confirmation yet that he's taken the job. Isn't Cornell open? Wouldn't that be a much more attractive destination?

Has the Eagle landed here? I haven't seen confirmation yet that he's taken the job. Isn't Cornell open? Wouldn't that be a much more attractive destination?

Going back to Mike Deane, half the head coaches at Siena have moved on to bigger programs - location, facilities, and history have all been reasons to go there historically. I’m not sure any of that is relevant in the NIL era, so Cornell may give a higher probability of success now - that was not the case as recently as when Maciariello signed an extension two years ago.

TL; DR version - who the hell knows anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom