GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official] | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

GMAC / Blackwell / AO to Siena [Official]

These details seem large enough to potentially scuttle the hiring, after they have all but announced he is the guy. Gerry needs to think this over.
Yeah, it's almost as if they are deliberately taking the necessary time to negotiate, finalize, and get approval on all the contract details for one of the most important hires at Siena AND for a first time HC moving from a high profile program. SOP despite what posters here think should be an adequate timeframe.

The Jester stirring the pot...

Yeah, it's almost as if they are deliberately taking the necessary time to negotiate, finalize, and get approval on all the contract details for one of the most important hires at Siena AND for a first time HC moving from a high profile program. SOP despite what posters here think should be an adequate timeframe.

Canisius swoop... imagine if the announce Gerry as HC tomorrow...

That would be some negotiating, finalizing, and approving right there...

denzel-washington-boom.gif

Someone isn’t following SOP who is involved with the hiring process regarding dealing with the media because the contradicting reports we have heard is certainly creating confusion on whether this is 100% going to happen.

Someone isn’t following SOP who is involved with the hiring process regarding dealing with the media because the contradicting reports we have heard is certainly creating confusion on whether this is 100% going to happen.
Do you think those details were being leaked by Siena or GMac? The leaks were premature or inaccurate.

Canisius swoop... imagine if the announce Gerry as HC tomorrow...

That would be some negotiating, finalizing, and approving right there...

denzel-washington-boom.gif

Man, if I'm Gerry and my goal is to be a successful head coach that moves up the ranks, I'm still taking the Siena job even if Canisius came in and offered more money.

Do you think those details were being leaked by Siena or GMac? The leaks were premature or inaccurate.
I have no idea, I’m just saying that this display of a hiring process has not been standard at all for a division 1 program, same with Louisville this time around. From the outside, maybe things are going well in the negotiations and everyone involved is annoyed with the media reporting premature or inaccurate information, idk. From the outside, yeah I can see a scenario where this fall through now due to the public display of this negotiation and I wouldn’t be surprised. Maybe one too many red flags at the last hour before the finalization of the contract. It’s not done until it’s done. I think at this point I won’t believe anything until Gerry physically is at the podium in his introductory press conference.

I would be stunned if it didn't happen. Both sides would look bad if it fell though at this point. Both sides need to get together.
YOu think Gerry had an NIL number he thought he needed? Or Siena going to over $400,000 holding things up?

People more in the know seem to think Siena has the $, what little tidbits I got seem to think that commitment is less solid, especially in the long term.

YOu think Gerry had an NIL number he thought he needed? Or Siena going to over $400,000 holding things up?

People more in the know seem to think Siena has the $, what little tidbits I got seem to think that commitment is less solid, especially in the long term.
Gerry needs to careful, you don't take your first job as a Head Coach if you are set up for failure.
Look at What happened with Hop.

Gerry needs to careful, you don't take your first job as a Head Coach if you are set up for failure.
Are you using Hop as an example of being set up for failure, or an example of not succeeding in your head coaching job can diminish your shine?

Just interested in how he was set up for failure if that is what you meant.

I have no idea, I’m just saying that this display of a hiring process has not been standard at all for a division 1 program, same with Louisville this time around. From the outside, maybe things are going well in the negotiations and everyone involved is annoyed with the media reporting premature or inaccurate information, idk. From the outside, yeah I can see a scenario where this fall through now due to the public display of this negotiation and I wouldn’t be surprised. Maybe one too many red flags at the last hour before the finalization of the contract. It’s not done until it’s done. I think at this point I won’t believe anything until Gerry physically is at the podium in his introductory press conference.
Sure it has. Rumors, leaks etc are a standard part of the process these days.

The deal will not fall through because of a leak. If it doesn’t happen there will be legitimate reasons why.

How many years has Gerry been a ass't coach? This is the first time that he has got this far in the interview process. Do you think he will do better than what Siena has to offer? I think it is the best job in that league. At least near the top of the list in that league. Gerry can't over play his hand. It wouldn't be good for either side for it to fall apart at this point. As for Hop, he was given a fair chance. He just didn't do enough. He had some tough luck with injuries and a academic issue but, this was on him. Not Washington.

Siena is a small Franciscan school. Getting approval for a larger salary after the buyout of the last coach takes a few more approvals than it would at a place like Syracuse.

Siena is a small Franciscan school. Getting approval for a larger salary after the buyout of the last coach takes a few more approvals than it would at a place like Syracuse.
gerry gonna be rocking a new do ?

OIP.mSnNksxDJhl7kIzdiwlv6wHaH3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom