Go cubs go! Go cubs go! | Syracusefan.com

Go cubs go! Go cubs go!

Not gonna lie, I had to hold back tears when the last strike was thrown. I have no expectations for the rest of the post-season, but there's legitimate hope as a Cubs fan again; this is the most fun Cubs team I can remember (I'm only 23, so the only real competition is the Wood/Prior Cubs).

A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you.

After watching the documentary on Bartman, I hate both the Cubs and their idiot fans...

The hate towards Bartman is definitely silly; I still don't think there's a chance in hell Alou catches that ball. But if you hate a team/fan base because they make someone a scapegoat and treat them like trash, I'm not sure you can be a legitimate fan of any sports team. If you tried to, you could find someone whose life every fanbase has made a living hell.

On the flip side, Cubs fan raised money to pay for Bartman to attend one of this year's playoff games to try to show him that the fan base has moved on and is accepting of him.

This article kinda lays out how I feel and why your perspective is silly:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...e-page-to-send-bartman-to-cubs-wild-card-game

The problem is that some poor misguided Cubs fans blame the 2003 NLCS loss on Bartman. What's worse, tons of non-Cubs fans think "all" Cubs fans blame Bartman, which is ridiculous. The overwhelming majority know that series was decided by lots of guys in Cubs and Marlins uniforms, none of them named Bartman and all of them employed to play or manage baseball.

In that vein, a Cubs fan has started a campaign on GoFundMe to send Bartman to the Cubs' upcoming wild card game, which will take place this coming Wednesday, likely in Pittsburgh. Here's the entry:

Lifelong Cubs fan wants to make amends for 2003, lets make it happen. First we need to find him to get him to the big game. If anyone knows where he is at, tell him we are looking for him. The money would pay for his expenses including his ticket, hotel room, flights and a little spending money.

If he cannot be found by time of the big game all the proceeds raised will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association.

The hate towards Bartman is definitely silly; I still don't think there's a chance in hell Alou catches that ball. But if you hate a team/fan base because they make someone a scapegoat and treat them like trash, I'm not sure you can be a legitimate fan of any sports team. If you tried to, you could find someone whose life every fanbase has made a living hell.

On the flip side, Cubs fan raised money to pay for Bartman to attend one of this year's playoff games to try to show him that the fan base has moved on and is accepting of him.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...e-page-to-send-bartman-to-cubs-wild-card-game

That documentary made me sick to my stomach.

And the worst part was that the players, the manager, sportscasters, newspeople and even politicians all did nothing but pour gasoline on the fire.

The reality is the Cubs choked yet again and they made this poor guy the scapegoat.

Sorry. As far as I am concerned they can go 0-162 every year and not win the World Series before the Sun goes Nova...

I will hate the Cubs and their fans 4evermore...

Agreed.I see Azzurri's point but I can't hate the Cubs who I have been a fan of for 30 years because of some idiot fans getting carried away. That could have been a scene for many teams in different sports in many different cities. It certainly was a sad situation. Sport fans get carried away all the time, I am not condoning it and like I said it was a sad situation. The Cubs blew the remainder of the game and the next one for that matter

That said, nobody raining on this parade...GO CUBS.

Agreed.I see Azzurri's point but I can't hate the Cubs who I have been a fan of for 30 years because of some idiot fans getting carried away. That could have been a scene for many teams in different sports in many different cities. It certainly was a sad situation. Sport fans get carried away all the time, I am not condoning it and like I said it was a sad situation. The Cubs blew the remainder of the game and the next one for that matter

That said, nobody raining on this parade...GO CUBS.

Hey, if you are a fan, you are a fan. Not a reason to give up your fandom.

And I could definitely see this happening in Boston, NY, Philly etc.

But as a neutral, who generally roots for teams who haven't won who get the opportunity to (Denver, Seattle, even the Red Sox even though I'm a Yankee fan), I just cannot do it.

F LA. They had to bush league the Mets by taking out Tejada, which was clearly an intentional dangerous collision. I hope the Mets advance and play the Cubs. F LA.

No matter what, a long drought is going to end. Jays ' in 93 is the most recent win of any of the remaining 4: Cubs '08, Mets '86, KC '85

w.jpg

I like both the Cubs and the Mets. Followed the Mets all year (many years) on cable. Love to see the Cubs have their day, but my heart is with the Mets in this match up. Tough choice.

Either team gets in the Series I'll be okay with it.

As an American League fan, I'll be cheering for that winner. But if the Cubs pull it off, I certainly won't be disappointed. :)

I'm a Cubs fan. My brother is a Mets fan. Whatever happens, one of us makes the World Series in a year that had zero expectations, so I'm pretty damn happy.

The Mets and Cubs are going to be good for many years to come, both teams have great young talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom