GO CUBS GO!!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

GO CUBS GO!!!

I didn't watch the game, but sounds like another game that was over-managed into a loss by an idiot in the dugout who has never won a thing. :rolleyes:

The pitch count is simply a CYA euphemism for "Don't blame me. I went with the pitch count because it's official policy." Now, Bochy never implied anything like that, however, it's still becoming more and more prevalent.

The pitch count is simply a CYA euphemism for "Don't blame me. I went with the pitch count because it's official policy." Now, Bochy never implied anything like that, however, it's still becoming more and more prevalent.
Pitch count drives everything today, at all levels of professional baseball.

Corporate culture groupthink. Oh Lord
I heard someone recently (maybe Al Leiter or Ron Darling) speculating that perhaps the increase in pitching injuries is a function of the modern deliveries, which have fewer moving parts and might ultimately be placing greater stress on various parts of the body.

Cubs need to start hitting next series. They can't keep white knuckling their way through the playoffs and yes I am looking at you Rizzo

Here is my question to the Cubs fan, why is Bryant hitting 2nd? wouldn't it make more sense to bat him 3rd and lengthen the lineup.

Francona and Indians are scary right now, that series should be very interesting. Unless you listen to Mad Dog ( Russo himself) on the radio you wouldn't even know the Playoffs are go other than the Cubs updates

I miss listening to Mad dog after a brutal Giants loss, he must be a mess today.

Oh, I hear you. Most managers and teams approach the game similarly, until someone deviates from the standard and has success and then others start migrating in that direction. I like what Francona is doing with Miller now, and am rooting for Cleveland for that reason alone. Hope to see the Cubs keep going, too, just because of Maddon and because your franchise deserves it.

Great article in the post today suggesting the Francona bullpen approach to Joe Binder.

Yankees were given blueprint: How you beat the Red Sox | New York Post

Can someone explain to me why people are killing Bochy for taking out Moore? He was at 120 pitches, what do you want him to do, if you can't get three outs from your pen, you don't deserve to move on.

Can someone explain to me why people are killing Bochy for taking out Moore? He was at 120 pitches, what do you want him to do, if you can't get three outs from your pen, you don't deserve to move on.

I think it's because he has the worst bullpen in baseball who had blown 32 saves this season and Moore was pitching so well, why not put him out there in the 9th and see if he can get out with 10-15 more pitches, there was no tomorrow. Agree 100% that the pen should be able to wrap up the game but there bullpen was so bad why not keep Moore out there who had his A game. It was an elimination game, nobody is saying that Bochy isn't a great manager and hindsight is 20/20.

You are right typical bullpen should be able to close it out

Last edited:
I miss listening to Mad dog after a brutal Giants loss, he must be a mess today.

He was, and it was glorious! He was going off on how the 1993 Giants would destroy this year's Cubs team because they were only pretty good, and not great. He was bemoaning the Cubs' defense (which is normally very good). He was complaining that Zobrist isn't a cleanup hitter and the Cubs don't have one (Nevermind their 2 and 3 hitters could be cleanup hitters). I could've made an entire bottle of wine from his sour grapes!

I think it's because he has the worst bullpen in baseball who had blown 32 saves this season and Moore was pitching so well, why not put him out there in the 9th and see if he can get out with 10-15 more pitches, there was no tomorrow. Agree 100% that the pen should be able to wrap up the game but there bullpen was so bad why not keep Moore out there who had his A game. It was an elimination game, nobody is saying that Bochy isn't a great manager and hindsight is 20/20.

You are right typical bullpen should be able to close it out

The guy is coming off tj surgery, and is at 120 pitches, any manager with a brain would have pulled him, it was 100 pct the right decision.

The guy is coming off tj surgery, and is at 120 pitches, any manager with a brain would have pulled him, it was 100 pct the right decision.

I guess, but it didn't work out for him, he should have tried to see if he could pitch 9th with 10-12 more pitches, not going to kill the guy. I just disagree fundamentally with managers being a slave to a pitch count in a win or go home game. Moore could have thrown another inning, this isn't little league

I guess, but it didn't work out for him, he should have tried to see if he could pitch 9th with 10-12 more pitches, not going to kill the guy. I just disagree fundamentally with managers being a slave to a pitch count in a win or go home game. Moore could have thrown another inning, this isn't little league

The guy has one cg shutout in his entire career, he isn't Kershaw, 120 pitches is all you can expect out of Moore.

boy will the bars be jammed tonight and tomorrow!!

boy will the bars be jammed tonight and tomorrow!!

Not that they haven't been already. I was reading yesterday that bars like Murphy's are charging a $250 cover charge, or $5oo if you want a table. Crazy. I'm so jealous that my sister and her family have season tickets and will be at Wrigley for all 3 games.

Who throws out the first pitch tonight?
I go with Michael Jordan or President Obama.

Who throws out the first pitch tonight?
I go with Michael Jordan or President Obama.

Scottie was there for Game 6 against the Dodgers and butchered the stretch. I don't know who's been throwing out first pitches. Obama could do it, but him being a Sox fan might work against him. ;)

Not sure about first pitch, but I would go with a former Cub. Williams, Sandberg, or Wood would be my guesses. I'm not sure how Billy's arm is these days, so maybe he'll just sing the stretch instead!

Not that they haven't been already. I was reading yesterday that bars like Murphy's are charging a $250 cover charge, or $5oo if you want a table. Crazy. I'm so jealous that my sister and her family have season tickets and will be at Wrigley for all 3 games.

If I was in their shoes I go to one game and sell the other two games.

If I was in their shoes I go to one game and sell the other two games.
I would've sold Game 3. You knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to be the final game. Plus, with 6 tickets, they could've gotten a year or two college tuition taken care of for their teenage daughter.

After last night the sky high prices for Game 5 are tumbling. If you're a Cleveland fan with some coin it might be worth the trip to Wrigley.

I'm not a Cubs fan, but I sure think they will win Game 5 tonight. No way they let Cleveland sweep them to win the title at Wrigley. Harry Caray must be having a fit above. Get back to Cleveland and anything goes.

I'm not a Cubs fan, but I sure think they will win Game 5 tonight. No way they let Cleveland sweep them to win the title at Wrigley. Harry Caray must be having a fit above. Get back to Cleveland and anything goes.

I don't think the Cubs can win three in a row, they have the edge tonight, but people have been picking against Cle all year long, I think they wrap it up tonight.

Once again a Cubbie stands to admire his HR that isn't and should have gotten tossed out at 2nd.

Hmmm...leaving Chapman in to hit in the last of the 8th- a one run game... 2 outs and a man on 2nd...?? Not sure about that?

Depends on how Chapman finishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom