Gonzaga and Virginia | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga and Virginia

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Had them on the DVR since March. Somehow the wife erased it (though she's not admitting it )those games would have stayed on there forever if I had my way. What's the word on getting them on dvd, gotta be somebody to take my money. I realize YouTube is an likely option but I'd like a hard copy.

I did it. I wasn't proud of it. But I did it.

Had them on the DVR since March. Somehow the wife erased it (though she's not admitting it )those games would have stayed on there forever if I had my way. What's the word on getting them on dvd, gotta be somebody to take my money. I realize YouTube is an likely option but I'd like a hard copy.
I still have mine on dvr. Have you talked with a divorce lawyer yet?

I feel ya. I had the games too on my DirecTV DVR, but recently the DVR went on the fritz and had to swap it out. DTV sucks in that regard, no way to transfer saved recordings from and old DVR to a new one, memory stick, etc. Piracy/copyright concerns of theirs out the wazoo I guess. :mad:

orangecuse said:
I feel ya. I had the games too on my DirecTV DVR, but recently the DVR went on the fritz and had to swap it out. DTV sucks in that regard, no way to transfer saved recordings from and old DVR to a new one, memory stick, etc. Piracy/copyright concerns of theirs out the wazoo I guess. :mad:
Same thing happened to me with a Time Warner DVR a few years ago. I lost the 6 OT game

Anything that's on YouTube you can download. There are services that will enable you to do that. Keepvid is the one I use.

My tech ability is just east of nil. Guess YouTube on the tablet is the way to go now... She's never going to admit to it. There's always the possibility I could have accidentally deleted something off the dvr after a few or more. But BOTH games? No way.

My tech ability is just east of nil. Guess YouTube on the tablet is the way to go now... She's never going to admit to it. There's always the possibility I could have accidentally deleted something off the dvr after a few or more. But BOTH games? No way.
You might want to give her the benefit of the doubt. My DVR erased both Virginia and the Gonzaga games and I was told it was because I hadn't saved them in a specific way. I came on the board and made the exact same whimpering complaint that you did. Ha ha! But I didn't have a wife to blame…

The same thing happened to me late last week - I came back and those two games (the two oldest things on the DVR) had mysteriously disappeared.

I guess I should've rewatched them at some point.

A lot of DVRs have settings that specify what, if anything, gets deleted when the DVR runs out of space, or after a certain amount of time. I'd look into that.

Ok, so maybe the wife is off the hook then. Sucks, those games would have been on there until next March/April when they would have been replaced by the FF and national championship Syracuse wins...

On FIOS you have to choose the save until I delete option. I lost a lot of games until I figured that out. And of course my wife erased games as well. They all do. It's genetic.

If you can find it on YouTube, you can download it with Firefox (other browsers may have this capability, but, since I use Firefox, I know this one works). At this point, it should be an MP4 file, which you can transfer/copy to a thumb drive. Most BluRay players have a USB port which allows you to play MP4 files on your TV. (For whatever reasons, the USB ports on most TVs do NOT allow this.) Additionally, I have found that the 896 x 504 resolution files work better with this technique than the 1280 x 720 files.

If you can find it on YouTube, you can download it with Firefox (other browsers may have this capability, but, since I use Firefox, I know this one works). At this point, it should be an MP4 file, which you can transfer/copy to a thumb drive. Most BluRay players have a USB port which allows you to play MP4 files on your TV. (For whatever reasons, the USB ports on most TVs do NOT allow this.) Additionally, I have found that the 896 x 504 resolution files work better with this technique than the 1280 x 720 files.
oh, so you enjoy watching the Elite-8 game too? ;)

It would have to be similar to the Indiana championship game for us, right? Obviously the stakes weren't quite as high, but they had the game won and at the end...nope.

Well, not that one so much, however all the other UVa/Syracuse games since you joined the ACC are viewed from time to time! :cool:

73CAV said:
Well, not that one so much, however all the other UVa/Syracuse games since you joined the ACC are viewed from time to time! :cool:

I don't even remember any of them now.

hmm, yeah... is there even tape of uva's last final-four game? is it in color? :cool::cool:

Ugh, no luck finding the complete games on youtube. In this day and age it shouldn't be so freaking hard to hunt something like this down, incredibly frustrating. I must have rewatched and relived the end of both those games a dozen times; and would have continued to do so.

Sounds like a great business idea where you can sell DVDs of old games to fans. Who would own the rights, the networks that broadcasted them?

Sounds like a great business idea where you can sell DVDs of old games to fans. Who would own the rights, the networks that broadcasted them?

They exist for sure, for Christmas last year I got the top ten Cowboys games on dvd. all are the original broadcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom