Gonzaga/UCLA in-game thread... | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga/UCLA in-game thread...

cto

Administrator
Starting this in case anyone wants to discuss the game.

Guess practically no one here expects much of a game. Of the 50 people n the Sweet 16 bracket pool, only UEO and RandyGoCuse picked UCLA.

UCLA was lucky to get a bid but I could see them winning this game. Not impressed with Gonzaga.

UCLA was lucky to get a bid but I could see them winning this game. Not impressed with Gonzaga.

I wasn't either until I saw Gonzaga against Iowa. They just smashed my dad's Hawkeyes and were much more impressive than I expected.

I think there are good chances the Zags takes this by double digits.

In Few's 16 seasons, the Zags have never made the Elite 8. This is the fifth time Few has had a team in the sweet 16.

Yes they did play very well against Iowa. I don't like their big guys.

Neither team can throw the ball in the ocean right now.

I wasn't either until I saw Gonzaga against Iowa. They just smashed my dad's Hawkeyes and were much more impressive than I expected.

I thought so as well - but they look like crap again tonight.

My wife's first job out of college was at UCLA...as a result she roots for the Bruins. In my life I've acquired some really weird rooting interests, ten years ago I never would have expected to be rooting for UCLA in anything.

Alford played out of his mind last two games. Tonight he's useless.

Sabonis is going to be a stud.

Wow.

And give me a Karnowski every day of the week.

Neither team can throw the ball in the ocean right now.

That's gotta be a concern, because apparently the finals are there next year, and everyone already knows it's a sh!tty place to shoot in.

The polish center reminds me of Arinze Onauku on the post... when a quick dump down would turn into a simple

Sabonis is going to be a stud.

Wow.

And give me a Karnowski every day of the week.

Saw Sabonis' father play in person down near courtside. Probably the largest NBA player I've ever seen.

I think there are good chances the Zags takes this by double digits.

In Few's 16 seasons, the Zags have never made the Elite 8. This is the fifth time Few has had a team in the sweet 16.

good call.

Saw Sabonis' father play in person down near courtside. Probably the largest NBA player I've ever seen.

Yep, at one time he was one of the most dominating players in the whole basketball world.

You can thank Sabonis and his 1988 USSR team for the re-birth of USA Basketball and the Dream Team. They destroyed JohnThompson's crappy defense-oriented Olympic team. We all know why Charles Smith made that team...Sherman getting cut is one of the greatest Olympic snubs of all time. Plus that team only had one proven outside shooter (Hersey Hawkins), and he got hurt!

Figures a couple of GTown guys would kill amateur Olympic basketball in the US. ;)

Thug ball doesn't win Gold.

You can thank Sabonis and his 1988 USSR team for the re-birth of USA Basketball and the Dream Team. They destroyed JohnThompson's crappy defense-oriented Olympic team. We all know why Charles Smith made that team...Sherman getting cut is one of the greatest Olympic snubs of all time. Plus that team only had one proven outside shooter (Hersey Hawkins), and he got hurt!

Figures a couple of GTown guys would kill amateur Olympic basketball in the US. ;)

Thug ball doesn't win Gold.

Yeah JT's rep took a hit with that one. Disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom