good article about houston's turnover margin - applies to us | Syracusefan.com

good article about houston's turnover margin - applies to us

Millhouse

Living Legend
turnovers are largely considered luck but maybe that's just because teams haven't made strips such a focus of their defense.

i don't know if syracuse does drills like houston does with the slap game (which is hilarious and should be implemented at my office) but i wouldn't be surprised if SU does something like this

gives us hope that the fumbles aren't just luck this year

sbnation has some excellent stuff.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...11/houston-cougars-football-turnovers-defense

Millhouse said:
turnovers are largely considered luck but maybe that's just because teams haven't made strips such a focus of their defense. i don't know if syracuse does drills like houston does with the slap game (which is hilarious and should be implemented at my office) but i wouldn't be surprised if SU does something like this gives us hope that the fumbles aren't just luck this year sbnation has some excellent stuff. http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...11/houston-cougars-football-turnovers-defense

Bullough said they practice "ball disruption" drill for a good chunk of practice and that year 2 is when you start to see it play out ...

Bullough said they practice "ball disruption" drill for a good chunk of practice and that year 2 is when you start to see it play out ...

That explains why Tampa Bay had their cheerleaders cheer on the field right next to the Vikings offense in a game last Sunday.

Not...gonna...touch...this...one.

Sounds like a fun Friday night though.

Not a coincidence at all. If you watch the team this year compared to the last few years, defensive players are actively trying to cause turnovers when they are tackling. I noticed it first during the ND game and it's definitely a focus by the players. I love this approach, especially as a Bears fan, can have a huge impact in multiple games per year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom