Good effort... | Syracusefan.com

Good effort...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
They are just better. Good effort. Unfortunately in the eyes of the committee a 5 point loss is no different than a 30 point loss. 5 offensive fouls has to be a record.

Have to beat FSU. Really wish we hadn't blown that Clemson game. We'd have 10 ACC wins already and would be in

Excellent effort. Just gave UNC too many second and third chance points, made too many sloppy turnovers, missed too many shots at the rim, and had a few questionable calls go against them at critical points. The fact that they were in that game at the end suggests they may have been the better team tonight. They should go into FSU with confidence.

Cuse_1999 said:
They are just better. Good effort. Unfortunately in the eyes of the committee a 5 point loss is no different than a 30 point loss. 5 offensive fouls has to be a record. Have to beat FSU. Really wish we hadn't blown that Clemson game. We'd have 10 ACC wins already and would be in

5 offensive fouls? I think it was 7-8. Howard had 1, Mal 3-4 Gbinje 3. Cooney had 1 too.

Not necessarily true.

Agree. The committee doesn't remember games through January, but a close road loss in March to a top ten team on their senior night will not hurt us at all. Losing to FSU would be another matter.

5 offensive fouls? I think it was 7-8. Howard had 1, Mal 3-4 Gbinje 3. Cooney had 1 too.
Could be wrong, but my count was. G 3, Mal 1 and Howard 1. Dont remember Cooney having one or Mal any other than the one near the end

As stupid and cliched as the expression is, the eye test really is a thing and is taken into account by the committee when needed

Agree. The committee doesn't remember games through January, but a close road loss in March to a top ten team on their senior night will not hurt us at all. Losing to FSU would be another matter.
I think you 2 are reaching here. In the room they are not going to remember a game 2 weeks ago where Team A played team B close. They are going to look at records, rpi, who you beat and who you lost to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom