Good news for Sunday pre-games at the Blarney Rock... | Syracusefan.com

Good news for Sunday pre-games at the Blarney Rock...

The bar I hang at opens at 6am and closes at 2am for 365 days a year .

I thought it was a county rule and NYC in Manhattan went to 8 about 10 years ago.

maybe longer.

I thought it was a county rule and NYC in Manhattan went to 8 about 10 years ago.

maybe longer.

Yeah, I've definitely been at BillyMark's West before noon (29th and 9th - great spot). I know that place is open 8am - 4am, 365 days a year. Been that way for a while.

Yeah, I've definitely been at BillyMark's West before noon (29th and 9th - great spot). I know that place is open 8am - 4am, 365 days a year. Been that way for a while.
yep.

back in the 90s and early 00s, I would sometimes end up drinking all my beer on the Saturday before a Giants game and id have to go to the local bodega and illegally buy some in the morning to tailgate.

id wait till the store was empty, then tell the clerk...'listen, you know me. im here everyday, im not a cop and I don't work for the City. I need beer for the Giants game. get a paper bag ready.'

then Id grab a 12 pack of tasty BudLight (damn straight you beer snobs) and give him a $20 for at the time, $10 worth of beer...and off I went.

im going to claim its another Win Eli delivered to NYC.

also remember going to EPL parties when the law was changed and a lot of UES pubs all started opening for games.

Time to match Buffalo and push 2 am to 4 am now

Time to match Buffalo and push 2 am to 4 am now

During college, me and Tee drank til 4am. I cant speak for him, but I sure as heck missed that and was surprised to learn that many much larger cities nation wide had earlier closing times, once I was old enough to legally drink.

East coast, I wouldnt honestly worry so much about drinking so early in the morning. Hawaii, yeah(east coast games at 7am were rough), mtn and west coast yeah, but I dont care to be blitzed for hours before the game unless I'm tailgating. Why wouldnt the governor be supporting more tax revenue with an ever ballooning budget though? Seems like a no brainer, from his perspective. Syntax, baby!