Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

You guys shouldn't be down I thought Buffalo was clearly missing Dareus. That was why Miami could run.
I think you guys could beat NE if Taylor and McCoy play like the first game. NE will score this team with Brady but was impressive was the Pats D couldn't get Buffalo off the field on 3rd down. Pats D is not looking good right now if Buffalo shortens the game they have a chance.
No Dareus and McCoy and it was a tight game.

Syracuse and the Bills both had must win road games this past weekend. The sort of game where they should win but as a fan, we're used to them losing...still that was rough.

The Bills D has been an enigma this year, looking great one week and then a dumpster fire the next. No Dareus, the Miami heat and humidity, and a terrible beating in TOP all contributed to the D eventually falling apart. Teams also seem to be doubling Hughes and while Alexander has 9 sacks on the year Tannehill had a lot of time in the second half when they did throw. Bills need to disguise their blitzes better or throw some new wrinkles in, teams are picking them up a lot better the last few weeks.

As for the offense its hard to score when your down your top 3 offensive weapons (Sammy, McCoy, Woods) and the O line isn't exactly at 100%. Not to mention that Goodwin got hurt yet again in the game so we were forced to play Reggie Bush at Wr. I think the jury is still out on Tyrod and that game shows why. Granted he was running for his life in the second half but some of those passes yikes.

I think next week is likely to be UGLY, hopefully the D gets Dareus back and Woods/Goodwin can play. The Bills really need the bye week and to get Sammy back in the fold. Team also needs to try and establish some running game outside of McCoy, Gillislie was brutally bad yesterday.

The offensive line was absurdly bad yesterday. They've been one of the better offensive lines in the NFL all year but they couldn't run block, couldn't pass block and were pushed back on almost every play.

Very weird how physically dominated they were on both sides of the ball.

I also think Miami is actually a good team.

All that said, it's ridiculous that we are so injury bit that our starting LT, NT, #1 WR, #2 WR and #1 RB were all basically out. We're talking about 3 elite players, one very good Tackle and a solid WR. Just unreal.

Sidenote: Seriously, f*** Jarvis Landry.

Not liking our chances this weekend if Shady is less than 100% and Woods doesn't play. At least it's at the Ralph so it should be d@mn loud in there. I'll be there, first Pats game so looking forward to it.

Curious what the take is on Tyrod on this board. Lots of negative reviews after last week, but the guy was running for his life most of the second half as the OL couldn't block anyone. My other thought is, if you want to release him- who are you going to get? As crazy as it sounds his contract is reasonable at the QB position. Would rather he continue to play and the Bills continue to draft a QB annually until they hit pay dirt...

Sweeeet.

Defense can't get off the field on NE first drive. Bush drops a TD. Tate drops a huge gainer for a first down.

Maybe, you know.. Show up to play the best team in the league?.. Just a thought.

Jarvis Landry is NE MVP today. No Aaron Williams and Meeks is just giving out TDs like candy.

Last edited:
Sweeeet.

Defense can't get off the field on NE first drive. Bush drops a TD. Tate drops a huge gainer for a first down.

Maybe, you know.. Show up to play the best team in the league?.. Just a thought.

Jarvis Landry is NE MVP today. No Aaron Williams and Meeks is just giving out TDs like candy.
Landry gets like a $12 fine while Williams' career may be over.

Exactly how I expected the defense to respond after we tighten it up.

Robey on Gronk. Genius.

Sweeeet.

Bills have to draft a safety in the worst way, maybe two. D is getting torched as expected, Buffalo refusesto blitz Brady who sits back there with an hour. Gilmore totally exposed again today to

Bills have to draft a safety in the worst way, maybe two. D is getting torched as expected, Buffalo refusesto blitz Brady who sits back there with an hour. Gilmore totally exposed again today to
Safe to say Gilmore won't be getting a contract from us unless he accepts an extremely low number.

WR and Safety are a must in Round 1 and 2.

Brady is just other-worldly. That old adage about getting pressure on him isnt very true anymore.

We've gotten pressure on him all game and he's lit up this Gilmore's vag-led secondary.

Safe to say Gilmore won't be getting a contract from us unless he accepts an extremely low number.

WR and Safety are a must in Round 1 and 2.

I see no way hes brought back. Hes been abysmal all year. Going to have to draft another cb or go FA.

Brady is just other-worldly. That old adage about getting pressure on him isnt very true anymore.

We've gotten pressure on him all game and he's lit up this Gilmore's vag-led secondary.

Bills have 4 sacks and if not for a couole blatent holds woukd have had 1 or 2 more. Issue is hes also had plenty of clean pockets where he has torched our way undermanned secondary. We needed more exotic blitzes like we did in the gameat NE last year

How can a defense be so Jekyll and Hyde?

Lights out in 5 games.

Absolutely awful in 3 games.

Safety play has been a big issue and the lbs not named alexander. Hughes hasnt had a great month or so either

Bills have 4 sacks and if not for a couole blatent holds woukd have had 1 or 2 more. Issue is hes also had plenty of clean pockets where he has torched our way undermanned secondary. We needed more exotic blitzes like we did in the gameat NE last year
No Aaron Williams is going to be a problem against elite QBs.

Three TDs today off completely blown coverage. Luckily we don't face many the rest of the year as we're done with NE.

Safety play has been a big issue and the lbs not named alexander. Hughes hasnt had a great month or so either
No excuse for this defense to look like the worst defense in the NFL in 3 out of 8 games this season.

Way too much talent. Not enough heart.