Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Rex must have thought he died and gone to heaven when the Bills gave him another $25 million after getting run out of New York . Bills front office is a train wreck .

If all four AFC East teams lose his weekend, and Rex is fired upon arrival at Buffalo, then the Bills have a chance

His career is going to go the way of the dinosaur. He deserves it for making such ridiculous claims and promises. Had he been more conservative in his approach with his expectations... besides him, who thought the Bills would be a 2 year turnaround?

He is going to be someone's DC next year and do a great job, hopefully the Cowboys, but his days as a Hc are numbered.

andddd Sammy Watkins is essentially week to week based on pain management for the rest of the year because of the screws in his foot.

I'm at the point where I'd do backflips if we signed friggin Rueben Randle.

andddd Sammy Watkins is essentially week to week based on pain management for the rest of the year because of the screws in his foot.

I'm at the point where I'd do backflips if we signed friggin Rueben Randle.

Unfortunately its the same old thing for the Bills whatever can go wrong does. Karlos Williams showing up out of shape, suspended and then cut, Dareus unable to stop smoking weed for a few months/suspended, First two draft picks hurt and essentially out for the year when both were counted on to play big minutes, Goodwin looking like Randy Moss in the pre-season and then essentially MIA in the first game, Manny Lawson some sort of weird legal issue from years ago then cut out of the blue, Dan Carpenter hitting every field goal the entire pre-season camp misses his only attempt in the first game...etc etc.

Most teams usually catch a break at some point, the Bills just find new excruciating ways to torture their fans. Now to top it all off Watkins isn't 100% and I am sure will need to miss some time at some point in the season. Can't wait to throw it to Dez Lewis and Greg Salas against NE, sure that will go well. F me.

JeremyCuse said:
Unfortunately its the same old thing for the Bills whatever can go wrong does. Karlos Williams showing up out of shape, suspended and then cut, Dareus unable to stop smoking weed for a few months/suspended, First two draft picks hurt and essentially out for the year when both were counted on to play big minutes, Goodwin looking like Randy Moss in the pre-season and then essentially MIA in the first game, Manny Lawson some sort of weird legal issue from years ago then cut out of the blue, Dan Carpenter hitting every field goal the entire pre-season camp misses his only attempt in the first game...etc etc. Most teams usually catch a break at some point, the Bills just find new excruciating ways to torture their fans. Now to top it all off Watkins isn't 100% and I am sure will need to miss some time at some point in the season. Can't wait to throw it to Dez Lewis and Greg Salas against NE, sure that will go well. F me.

The good news is that the Giants won.

The good news is that the Giants won.

I am no Giants hater and I don't want to catch the wrath of Kaiser but I didn't see some great new team from the Giants yesterday. To barely squeak by a Dallas team essentially playing without half their defense and starting two rookies at QB and RB would be concerning. Like most Giant teams the last few years I am sure they will start out 6-1 or 7-2 before the wheels come off. Still as a Bills fan its easy to see how much better they have been as a franchise.

Unfortunately its the same old thing for the Bills whatever can go wrong does. Karlos Williams showing up out of shape, suspended and then cut, Dareus unable to stop smoking weed for a few months/suspended, First two draft picks hurt and essentially out for the year when both were counted on to play big minutes, Goodwin looking like Randy Moss in the pre-season and then essentially MIA in the first game, Manny Lawson some sort of weird legal issue from years ago then cut out of the blue, Dan Carpenter hitting every field goal the entire pre-season camp misses his only attempt in the first game...etc etc.

Most teams usually catch a break at some point, the Bills just find new excruciating ways to torture their fans. Now to top it all off Watkins isn't 100% and I am sure will need to miss some time at some point in the season. Can't wait to throw it to Dez Lewis and Greg Salas against NE, sure that will go well. F me.
I'd offer a 3rd to anyone who will listen for an above average WR. Hell, if we can go 2-2 through 4, I'd offer that for Josh Gordon coming off suspension.

How this team did not think WR was a need is beyond me. When healthy, they are fine, problem is our #1 and #3 WR's are never healthy and last year our #2 played hurt all year. How do you not think it necessary to bolster that unit!?

Only good news is we have a lot of talent locked up for a while and cap room so we can trade our entire draft for a QB if Taylor doesn't step up this year.

I'd offer a 3rd to anyone who will listen for an above average WR. Hell, if we can go 2-2 through 4, I'd offer that for Josh Gordon coming off suspension.

How this team did not think WR was a need is beyond me. When healthy, they are fine, problem is our #1 and #3 WR's are never healthy and last year our #2 played hurt all year. How do you not think it necessary to bolster that unit!?

Only good news is we have a lot of talent locked up for a while and cap room so we can trade our entire draft for a QB if Taylor doesn't step up this year.

I was shocked that we only took Listenbe in the draft this year. We lost Hogan to FA and Woods is in the final year of his contact. Not to mention the fact that Goodwin gets hurt every other game and is never healthy. I though for sure we would go WR in the 3rd or 4th, couldn't believe we didn't. Its just another in a long line of baffling front office decision. Now we will have to go WR in either the 1st or 2nd round next year.

The Watkins trade up really hurt the Bills. I don't think any WR is worth an extra first round pick. The Bills still have 8-9 win talent but the coaching staff doesn't take the strengths of the players and game plan like that. They fit their scheme round pegs into square holes.

LeSean McCoy should be catching 4-5 screens a game. Woods is a good slot WR. Clay is a good TE. I only watched bits of this game but the series I saw Taylor held the ball too long on a lot of plays. He needs to get the ball out faster. That was on the QB yesterday.

I am no Giants hater and I don't want to catch the wrath of Kaiser but I didn't see some great new team from the Giants yesterday. To barely squeak by a Dallas team essentially playing without half their defense and starting two rookies at QB and RB would be concerning. Like most Giant teams the last few years I am sure they will start out 6-1 or 7-2 before the wheels come off. Still as a Bills fan its easy to see how much better they have been as a franchise.
no wrath.

Giants had the ball 9x.

scored 3 TDs.

other notable drives...

1x was the run down the clock in 4th, 3mins.

1x was an INT when Shepard ran the wrong route then quit on it.

1x was the 1st drive of the year.

1x was the out of the half ridiculously frustrating, disgusting series.

the game plan was to not let them run. CHECK.

to shut down Dez. CHECK.

and to force Dak to beat them. CHECK.

1-0 which is also 1-0 in the Division...and a road game at that.

lets see what happens on sunday with our O and how the D handles media darling Brees.

So how nervous are all my fellow Bills fans for tonight? This game is enormous with Arizona and New England coming up next.

So how nervous are all my fellow Bills fans for tonight? This game is enormous with Arizona and New England coming up next.

Try to imagine how even much more nervous all us Jets fans are. :cool:

Seriously, the Bills problems run deeper than Rex. As in, after witnessing the Jets sustained, 4 year slide into playoff oblivion, who thought he was an NFL head coach? Seriously, he was the guy who hired Tony Sperano as OC. SMFH.

damn, this game is big for both.

after this, the jets get

KC, Seattle, Pitt, Zona & the Ravens.

jets staring at 0-7 without this game.

if bills win this, they can easily get to 3-3 heading into Miami...before NE again, Seattle and the bengals...which is quite the sledgehammer there.

if the bills want to be relevant in oct & nov, they need to win this.

the jets...are on the clock, with the browns and rams.

Not nervous more resigned to the fact that were staring at 0-4 or 1-3 at best if we don't win tonight. I think the D will hold up fairly well based on Ryan's history of success against Fitzpatrick but I think the offense could be a disaster again. I don't see us running the ball at all versus that Jets front 7 and no idea what to expect if Watkins is hobbled. Maybe Roman will wake up and actually call a good game, team really needs a W.

JeremyCuse said:
Not nervous more resigned to the fact that were staring at 0-4 or 1-3 at best if we don't win tonight. I think the D will hold up fairly well based on Ryan's history of success against Fitzpatrick but I think the offense could be a disaster again. I don't see us running the ball at all versus that Jets front 7 and no idea what to expect if Watkins is hobbled. Maybe Roman will wake up and actually call a good game, team really needs a W.

My suggestion would be to watch the Yankees.

If Shady McCoy doesn't catch 4-5 passes in this game the Buffalo OC is a moron. The game plan to beat the Jets/Bills is to get rid of the ball under 2.5 seconds each play.

Jets get Richardson back to a stacked DL so ground and pound will not work tonight. Clay/McCoy catching short passes should be the gameplan.
I am hoping Buffalo wins this game as I want the Jets buried as they still scare me more and their schedule could have 2-5 after 7 games.

AFC playoff teams look like 3 contenders in AFC West, Oak, Den, KC, 3 contenders in North Pitt, Balt, Cin while the South looks like a 1 bid division again. I think the winner of this game will be a playoff contender. Loser is likely done.

BTW Buffalo could easily beat Arizona next week. They didn't really impress last week. They will be flying East for a 1pm start time and Carson Palmer can play like a dog a lot. If the Bills win this game I see them being 2-1 coming into Foxboro.

Chris Hogan is a nice WR 2 or 3 I was surprised the Bills didn't match the offer sheet.

Roman
Ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

If Shady McCoy doesn't catch 4-5 passes in this game the Buffalo OC is a moron. The game plan to beat the Jets/Bills is to get rid of the ball under 2.5 seconds each play.

Jets get Richardson back to a stacked DL so ground and pound will not work tonight. Clay/McCoy catching short passes should be the gameplan.
I am hoping Buffalo wins this game as I want the Jets buried as they still scare me more and their schedule could have 2-5 after 7 games.

AFC playoff teams look like 3 contenders in AFC West, Oak, Den, KC, 3 contenders in North Pitt, Balt, Cin while the South looks like a 1 bid division again. I think the winner of this game will be a playoff contender. Loser is likely done.

BTW Buffalo could easily beat Arizona next week. They didn't really impress last week. They will be flying East for a 1pm start time and Carson Palmer can play like a dog a lot. If the Bills win this game I see them being 2-1 coming into Foxboro.

Chris Hogan is a nice WR 2 or 3 I was surprised the Bills didn't match the offer sheet.
agree with all, but that line.

its the pats at like 11-5 or 12-4 and 2nd place will likely be 8-8.

the NFC is easier as I don't see much competition.

the Cards definitely need to get their act together, but im not sure anyone can take a WC from them.

the viks, if Bradford or Hill can be as good as pathetically bad as Tedy was, will likely be the other WC.

Giants
Pack
Panthers
Hawks

It will be a death blow for the Bills and Rex if they lose tonight, it's a huge game for sure. Great entertainment for a Thursday night this early into the season...

The Jet D-line is probably the best in the league, Leonard Williams is a beast.