Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

I would have loved to have seen what Schwartz would have done with this team. He had the defense tops in the league (which Rex has ruined), and I think he would have been smart enough to hire a good offensive mind and give them total control over the offense. Not sure how I'd feel about him coming in now though, with the defensive personnel changing so much. Still think he got a bad rap in Detroit. He took a perennial loser and made them into a playoff team.

I agree on Schwartz, I think he's a bit crazy and would probably fit in Buffalo versus a guy like Shanahan. That said, I think Rex is coaching for his job the next two games, if he goes 9-7, I bet he keeps his job. I am fine either way with Rex staying or going, I don't like his ceiling but like I said, the Bills could do A LOT worse as well.

Year 3 make the playoffs or go is fine too, 2 years might be too quick and I also fear what a first time HC could do to the Bills. I just wish Rex wasn't so pigheaded and could bring in some fresh ideas on defense, he's becoming like the restaurant that was good 15 years ago and now is dated and food stinks as the owner sits at the bar swilling booze and watches it happen. I don't think sees fault with his D scheme ever.

In addition, I don't think Miami is going anywhere anytime soon either, gause looks to be the real deal. Sunday could be a big game for Rex's future

I agree on Schwartz, I think he's a bit crazy and would probably fit in Buffalo versus a guy like Shanahan. That said, I think Rex is coaching for his job the next two games, if he goes 9-7, I bet he keeps his job. I am fine either way with Rex staying or going, I don't like his ceiling but like I said, the Bills could do A LOT worse as well.

Year 3 make the playoffs or go is fine too, 2 years might be too quick and I also fear what a first time HC could do to the Bills. I just wish Rex wasn't so pigheaded and could bring in some fresh ideas on defense, he's becoming like the restaurant that was good 15 years ago and now is dated and food stinks as the owner sits at the bar swilling booze and watches it happen. I don't think sees fault with his D scheme ever.

In addition, I don't think Miami is going anywhere anytime soon either, gause looks to be the real deal. Sunday could be a big game for Rex's future
getting rid of Rex and keeping Whaley is a bad move.

id keep em both and if no playoffs next year, get rid of em both and start fresh.

Miami is making a claim to be the #2 team there and if brady ever leaves, maybe be the #1. don't get caught with your pants down when that happens.

like the jets inevitably will.

getting rid of Rex and keeping Whaley is a bad move.

id keep em both and if no playoffs next year, get rid of em both and start fresh.

Miami is making a claim to be the #2 team there and if brady ever leaves, maybe be the #1. don't get caught with your pants down when that happens.

like the jets inevitably will.
The Patriots have 65 million in cap space for next year and only one key FA Donta Hightower and one
key restricted FA in Malcolm Butler.
Also they are going to get a first round pick for Jimmy Garapolio most likely from Cleveland from
the Philly pick.
Buffalo should hire Tom Coughlin but I hope they keep Rex as their roster has 11-12 win talent but the HC screwed up an elite D.

You know the bills will sign one of two Qb's in the off season Mike Glennon or Matt Barkley. Has Buffalo written all over it. I know people are down on Tyrod and Rex as am I but have to be careful what you wish for or Jay Cutler!

You know the bills will sign one of two Qb's in the off season Mike Glennon or Matt Barkley. Has Buffalo written all over it. I know people are down on Tyrod and Rex as am I but have to be careful what you wish for or Jay Cutler!

At this point, I think Chicago will prioritize re-signing Barkley. He's done a really nice job for them so far.

If Rex returns, I don't foresee Buffalo signing another veteran. They'll likely roll with Tyrod, Cardale, and a rookie. If Rex is canned, all bets are off; I could see them chasing a guy like Glennon if they hire a guy like Kyle Shanahan. I think Glennon is a natural fit for that kind of offense. But despite the reports, I still think Rex and Tyrod will get another year.

At this point, I think Chicago will prioritize re-signing Barkley. He's done a really nice job for them so far.

If Rex returns, I don't foresee Buffalo signing another veteran. They'll likely roll with Tyrod, Cardale, and a rookie. If Rex is canned, all bets are off; I could see them chasing a guy like Glennon if they hire a guy like Kyle Shanahan. I think Glennon is a natural fit for that kind of offense. But despite the reports, I still think Rex and Tyrod will get another year.

I think Rex has to win 2 games going in to keep his job, a winning season is at least improvement. 8-8 is borderline, 7-9 hes toast, These last two games matter, IMO. After Pitt everyone had him gone and even by beating the Browns the vultures have at least slowed their circling but who knows what the Pegulas are thinking..

There is some crazy way the can still make the playoffs, Baltimore and Miami need to lose the next 2 more or less and have to root for 8-8 to take the AFC South, obviously the Bills need to win next 2. Denver? not sure there

Will NE last game be meaningless? Looks that way as have to think they beat the Jets and would win the tiebreaker over the Raiders for home field, thus dolphins will most likely win the NE match up.

Wouldn't it be typical Bills if they have this crazy scenario play out and they lose to the Jets?

Excatly

Last edited:
I think Rex has to win 2 games going in to keep his job, a winning season is at least improvement. 8-8 is borderline, 7-9 hes toast, These last two games matter, IMO. After Pitt everyone had him gone and even by beating the Browns the vultures have at least slowed their circling but who knows what the Pegulas are thinking..

There is some crazy way the can still make the playoffs, Baltimore and Miami need to lose the next 2 more or less and have to root for 8-8 to take the AFC South, obviously the Bills need to win next 2. Denver? not sure there

Will NE last game be meaningless? Looks that way as have to think they beat the Jets and would win the tiebreaker over the Raiders for home field, thus dolphins will most likely win the NE match up.

Wouldn't it be typical Bills if they have this crazy scenario play out and they lose to the Jets?

I think they essentially need every other team competing for a wild card spot to finish 8-8. I think the Bills lose the tie breaker to literally every team that's still in the hunt lol.

I think they essentially need every other team competing for a wild card spot to finish 8-8. I think the Bills lose the tie breaker to literally every team that's still in the hunt lol.

Except Miami, since they are already at 9 wins. They somehow would win the tiebreaker with them, but not 100% sure how.

For Buffalo to make the playoffs.
They need to win out.
Denver lose to KC and Oak
Miami lose week 17 to NE
They the Baltimore-Pittsburgh loser this week lose week 17. Baltimore is at Cincinnati so that is possible.
They need Indy to lose at Oak this week
AND
They need one of Houston/Tennessee lose this week.

All this happens they get in.

For Buffalo to make the playoffs.
They need to win out.
Denver lose to KC and Oak
Miami lose week 17 to NE
They the Baltimore-Pittsburgh loser this week lose week 17. Baltimore is at Cincinnati so that is possible.
They need Indy to lose at Oak this week
AND
They need one of Houston/Tennessee lose this week.

All this happens they get in.

Breaking it down individually, all those things seem like they could easily happen. But to get ALL of them to happen is probably slim to none.

Breaking it down individually, all those things seem like they could easily happen. But to get ALL of them to happen is probably slim to none.

All the things that would have helped them this past week seemed likely to happen as well, and the only one that came through was New England.

Lots of chatter about Coughlin to Buffalo. I say he wins up as Buffalo HC or jville in some capacity, he's a better fit in Buffalo

Lots of chatter about Coughlin to Buffalo. I say he wins up as Buffalo HC or jville in some capacity, he's a better fit in Buffalo
there is a lot of smoke for both teams.

i was told from a guy who would know (of course he may also not) that jax was the leader since he still has a home there, his Jay Fund is founded there and they could also offer a personnel or team President role and position upstairs after he coaches for a few years. the hope though is to get him to do all that, but not coach...sort of an Elway, but coaching will be discussed if he really wants to go that direction.

there is a lot of smoke for both teams.

i was told from a guy who would know (of course he may also not) that jax was the leader since he still has a home there, his Jay Fund is founded there and they could also offer a personnel or team President role and position upstairs after he coaches for a few years. the hope though is to get him to do all that, but not coach...sort of an Elway, but coaching will be discussed if he really wants to go that direction.

Makes a lot of sense.. I think Jville will offer him much more

C0E4lAkXgAAJG_0

I've never watched a softer defense in my life. I'm embarassed for the lack of manhood on each and every player on this defense.

Nobody circles the wagons like Tyrod. Clutch throw to Clay.