Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

He wanted to go back home to the West Coast and even though the contract was reasonable I think the Bills made the right move. He never got it fully going here and you can replace that production for a fraction of the costs via the draft.

I really thought Woods would be a second round steal but just never quite got going as well I thought. Not all was his fault but didn't live up to my expectations.

I really thought Woods would be a second round steal but just never quite got going as well I thought. Not all was his fault but didn't live up to my expectations.
I think he's probably underrated because he's never been option a and he has yet to play with a qb who can look past his first read or work the inside of the field where Woods works.

I think he's probably underrated because he's never been option a and he has yet to play with a qb who can look past his first read or work the inside of the field where Woods works.
He's a fine #3 WR for a QB who can see over the line on a straight drop back.

He wanted to go back home to the West Coast and even though the contract was reasonable I think the Bills made the right move. He never got it fully going here and you can replace that production for a fraction of the costs via the draft.

Hopefully he buys a new pair of cleats with that money he's making. Never seen a dude slip and fall as much on the football field as he does.

Hopefully he buys a new pair of cleats with that money he's making. Never seen a dude slip and fall as much on the football field as he does.

He did seem to be falling down a lot. At least he got on the field though. I can't believe San Fran brought in Goodwin, the guy is hurt 3 seconds into every season.

He did seem to be falling down a lot. At least he got on the field though. I can't believe San Fran brought in Goodwin, the guy is hurt 3 seconds into every season.

Goodwin was actually pretty healthy and had a decent year last year. He actually did more than just run deep routes, making a bunch of nice sideline grabs for first downs. Could be a solid 4th WR who provides speed that defenses have to worry about. You are right though that even though he was mostly healthy last year, he doesn't have a good injury history.

The Bills just released Corey Graham as well so were going to need even more secondary help now.

Who needs a secondary when the Pats just added Cooks.

Get us the **** out of this division. I am so sick of having 2 guaranteed losses and the best team ever in our division every year.
eyes.png

So it seems like a few mock drafts have us taking TE OJ Howard of Alabama. Clay has been a disappointment - actually he's been pretty much what I expected as I was never thrilled with that signing. Howard seems like he'll be a really good player. But I guess I'm frustrated as it seems like it's more going around in circles trying to plug holes that should be been filled.

So it seems like a few mock drafts have us taking TE OJ Howard of Alabama. Clay has been a disappointment - actually he's been pretty much what I expected as I was never thrilled with that signing. Howard seems like he'll be a really good player. But I guess I'm frustrated as it seems like it's more going around in circles trying to plug holes that should be been filled.
Clay has been a disappointment but he's still very good.

I would love this pick. It wouldn't be to replace Clay, it would be to run a dynamic 2-TE set. It would make us incredibly multiple given we could run or pass out of a set with Howard and Clay lined up as blockers with Watkins on the outside and DiMarco/McCoy in the backfield.

I think that would make us much harder to defend given our ability to run the ball.

This is also predicated upon Taylor actually throwing the ball over the middle of the field to Clay/Howard and using the seams.

I would love this pick. It wouldn't be to replace Clay, it would be to run a dynamic 2-TE set. It would make us incredibly multiple given we could run or pass out of a set with Howard and Clay lined up as blockers with Watkins on the outside and DiMarco/McCoy in the backfield.

I think that would make us much harder to defend given our ability to run the ball.

This is also predicated upon Taylor actually throwing the ball over the middle of the field to Clay/Howard and using the seams.

I see the logic now. Good analysis. I keep thinking we need to grab a WR to complement Sammy - and I still think we do. I have been underwhelmed with the free agent WR signings. But I can see how the 2-TE offense would be a definite move in the right direction

I see the logic now. Good analysis. I keep thinking we need to grab a WR to complement Sammy - and I still think we do. I have been underwhelmed with the free agent WR signings. But I can see how the 2-TE offense would be a definite move in the right direction
We signed two solid #3 WRs in Brown and Holmes so we've massively upgraded our WR depth but unless they think Holmes is an emerging #2 who was buried on the Raiders depth chart, we still haven't found Sammy a sidekick.

Hit the nail on the head- Clay hasn't been worth the money we are paying him, but Taylor has also routinely missed him (not throwing, seeing) when he did beat his man. A strong TE passing game really is predicated on Taylor improving his vision over the middle...

Hit the nail on the head- Clay hasn't been worth the money we are paying him, but Taylor has also routinely missed him (not throwing, seeing) when he did beat his man. A strong TE passing game really is predicated on Taylor improving his vision over the middle...
They might need to roll him out in order to find Clay.

I'm fine with Yates. In all likelihood, he or Cardale will be cut in the pre-season though. Obviously Tyrod isn't going anywhere and I expect them to draft a QB early.

I'm fine with Yates. In all likelihood, he or Cardale will be cut in the pre-season though. Obviously Tyrod isn't going anywhere and I expect them to draft a QB early.

I hope the Bills draft safety and a WR before a QB, if Tyrod proves this year he isn't the man then go that way next year, would prefer they do everything they can to make playoffs and address what in my opinion are more glaring weaknesses. I am still on the fence with Tyrod but certainly think they could do much worse

I hope the Bills draft safety and a WR before a QB, if Tyrod proves this year he isn't the man then go that way next year, would prefer they do everything they can to make playoffs and address what in my opinion are more glaring weaknesses. I am still on the fence with Tyrod but certainly think they could do much worse

My philosophy is:
If you think a QB is a franchise talent, you take him at #10. Otherwise, go with one of the WRs or Adams/Hooker. I could see Reuben Foster in McDermott's defense too.

While I think Watson and Mahomes are interesting QB prospects, I'm not convinced either is a franchise guy, so I'd personally go with one of the WRs or Adams/Hooker, but we'll have to wait and see what the Bills brass believes. They're clearly doing a lot of homework on this year's QB class and there's been a lot of rumors that they love Watson.

My philosophy is:
If you think a QB is a franchise talent, you take him at #10. Otherwise, go with one of the WRs or Adams/Hooker. I could see Reuben Foster in McDermott's defense too.

While I think Watson and Mahomes are interesting QB prospects, I'm not convinced either is a franchise guy, so I'd personally go with one of the WRs or Adams/Hooker, but we'll have to wait and see what the Bills brass believes. They're clearly doing a lot of homework on this year's QB class and there's been a lot of rumors that they love Watson.
On top of his natural abilities, Watson is a cool customer.