Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

From Ian Rapaport
Here we go: #Patriots extended an RFA offer sheet to #Bills RB Mike Gillislee. It’s for 2 years, $6.4M, source said. $4M in the 1st year.

Bills would get a 5th round pick if they don't match.

From Ian Rapaport
Here we go: #Patriots extended an RFA offer sheet to #Bills RB Mike Gillislee. It’s for 2 years, $6.4M, source said. $4M in the 1st year.

Hate to lose him. Seems we're loading up on FB types.

Hate to lose him. Seems we're loading up on FB types.
Yeah I don't get the Bills for an extra 900k they could have put a 2nd round tender on the guy and nobody is signing him.

I guess James Connor in the 5th as his replacement. I can't see the Bills matching that offer its front loaded and hurts. I liked Gilleslee in that 2nd Pats-Bills game he ran hard.

From Ian Rapaport

I suspect they will match, they have enough Cap room left and they like Gillislee.

I suspect they will match, they have enough Cap room left and they like Gillislee.
With how much cap space the Bills have invested in the RB/FB position I see another 4 million on a backup RB is hard to match.

NE wants him to replace LaGarrett Blount.

Pass. Let NE have him. With McCoy, we already have too much invested in the RB position. Just draft a replacement and have them battle it out with Jonathan Williams.

Buffalo has had a lot of talent recently.

Belichick has mined the Bills for Alan Branch, Chris Hogan, Stephon Gilmore and I guess he likes Gillslee.

Bills would get the last pick in the 5th round if they don't match.

With how much cap space the Bills have invested in the RB/FB position I see another 4 million on a backup RB is hard to match.

Its the Bills, we do a lot of things that don't make a lot of sense.
Plus with NE having already taken Hogan and Gilmore I am not sure this ownership is going to just let him walk like Ralph would have.

Buffalo has had a lot of talent recently.

Belichick has mined the Bills for Alan Branch, Chris Hogan, Stephon Gilmore and I guess he likes Gillslee.

Bills would get the last pick in the 5th round if they don't match.

I don't disagree but Buffalo also was stuck in most of the situations. We had severe cap issues last year so unless Hogan wanted to play for nearly free we weren't matching it no matter what. Branch was cut I think and while I think Gilmore was better then what he got credit for at times there was no way Buffalo was going to pay him that kind of money, NE is gonna regret that deal.

I don't disagree but Buffalo also was stuck in most of the situations. We had severe cap issues last year so unless Hogan wanted to play for nearly free we weren't matching it no matter what. Branch was cut I think and while I think Gilmore was better then what he got credit for at times there was no way Buffalo was going to pay him that kind of money, NE is gonna regret that deal.
NE had cap space and had to spend it.
The Gilmore contract is really 31 million guaranteed as after 3 years NE can get out of it without dead money.

I am interested what Buffalo does at 10 it will tell us what they are.

If they go QB it's rebuild. If it's a Hooker, Lattimore, or Peppers they are contending.

The Gilmore contract is really 31 million guaranteed as after 3 years NE can get out of it without dead money.

If they go QB it's rebuild. If it's a Hooker, Lattimore, or Peppers they are contending.

I doubt there going QB, they to many other issues. Rumor is they like Watson so I guess anything is possible but it appears Tribsky will be gone by then and the Texas Tech QB is a mid round pick at best. If Hooker is there I think they are all over him if not then they will probably go WR. Personally id like to see them trade down and pick up some more picks to help fill out the roster at CB/S/OL.

Peppers at 10 would be a massive reach IMO.

Still hoping for Corey Davis or one of the top 2 safeties to be the pick. My guess is that they go with Hassan Reddick or Reuben Foster though.

Peppers at 10 would be a massive reach IMO.

Still hoping for Corey Davis or one of the top 2 safeties to be the pick. My guess is that they go with Hassan Reddick or Reuben Foster though.
I will break something if they draft Peppers.

I'm fine with Davis, Williams, Howard, Reddick, Foster, Adams, Hooker etc.. NO to Peppers.

I will break something if they draft Peppers.

I'm fine with Davis, Williams, Howard, Reddick, Foster, Adams, Hooker etc.. NO to Peppers.
McDermott likes Peppers because he can play the Shaq Thompson role in his D.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is a Bill.

Good news for my dynasty fantasy football league!

They don't have to spend it. They can carry it over to next year and stay way under the cap

They don't have to spend it. They can carry it over to next year and stay way under the cap
The Pats had 58 million to spend.
They still have 23 million. They spent on an important position and still have plenty of cap room.

The Pats had 58 million to spend.
They still have 23 million. They spent on an important position and still have plenty of cap room.

I know the numbers but the point was they don't "have to" spend it. You said they had to spend it, they don't have to. Obviously you will spend some but they don't "have to" do anything with it or spend all of it or spend a bulk of it.

I know the numbers but the point was they don't "have to" spend it. You said they had to spend it, they don't have to. Obviously you will spend some but they don't "have to" do anything with it or spend all of it or spend a bulk of it.

Well, there is a salary floor in the NFL, which is 89% of the cap, so teams do have to meet that requirement.

Well, there is a salary floor in the NFL, which is 89% of the cap, so teams do have to meet that requirement.

This is basically a myth. It works the same way as in the NBA. There's no penalty to not reaching the salary floor; they just make the team pay the difference to the NFLPA. And this only happens if their average over 3 years is below the floor.

This is basically a myth. It works the same way as in the NBA. There's no penalty to not reaching the salary floor; they just make the team pay the difference to the NFLPA. And this only happens if their average over 3 years is below the floor.

Yeah I know, it's not a huge deterrent, but teams probably still don't want to be $50 million below the cap in any given year. Although, as you said, it's a 3-year average and the penalty is really just paying the difference. Some teams may prefer that to spending on bad contracts.