Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Bills desperately neeeed a wr there so its hard to question trading up if hebwas valued that highon the board

Unfortunately the NFL is the ultimate results business and the results just haven't been there since Whaley took over. Disregard the Watkins trade and the EJ Manuel selection- the fact that only 22 draft picks are on the active roster is the ultimate damning factor. Combine that with the salary cap fiasco (to be fair I don't know how much of that is his fault) and his track record of dealing with head coaches and this had to be done.

My initial impression of McDermott is very favorable...but we are also putting a ton of eggs in the basket of a first time head coach. Here's to hoping it works out.

Unfortunately the NFL is the ultimate results business and the results just haven't been there since Whaley took over. Disregard the Watkins trade and the EJ Manuel selection- the fact that only 22 draft picks are on the active roster is the ultimate damning factor. Combine that with the salary cap fiasco (to be fair I don't know how much of that is his fault) and his track record of dealing with head coaches and this had to be done.

My initial impression of McDermott is very favorable...but we are also putting a ton of eggs in the basket of a first time head coach. Here's to hoping it works out.
Great post.

The EJ Manuel pick was obviously terrible but it seemed we were hell bent on picking a QB in that awful draft.

Trading up for Watkins looks bad right now considering the other WRs that were available later. Sammy may finally burst onto the scene this year but that's too late to save Whaley.

Also, the contract for Charles Clay was a joke.

He was great at finding linebackers though..

Terry Pegula couldn't stop saying Kim and I during the PC.
That family is crazy. Hire people and let them do their jobs.
He treats everything like its fantasy sports.

Crazy? Haha. Oh ok. Kim and him own the team and she's involved in the decision making. Why wouldn't he refer to her?

And he didn't hire Doug Whaley. Just fired his dumb ass.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into your owner and implement a cheating strategy.

Crazy? Haha. Oh ok. Kim and him own the team and she's involved in the decision making. Why wouldn't he refer to her?

And he didn't hire Doug Whaley. Just fired his dumb ass.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into your owner and implement a cheating strategy.
Lol okay.
Yeah the Patriots only win because they cheat.
Congrats.
The cheating is why the Patriots are only 26-4 in the last 30 games against the Bills.

Damn that cheating it should be 30-0. The freaking cheating isn't doing the job it's only 26-4.

Weak take.Maybe you will make the playoffs sometime this century.
Owners like this boob Terry Pegula are why post Brady I don't worry about the AFC East.
That PC performance is getting killed nationally and screamed disfunction.
I will go back to rooting for that cheating owner and the 5 SBs they have won in 15 years.
It's all in the cheating. They won this year's SB because of cheating I mean nobody comes back from 28-3 in the SB. It's all cheating.

Last edited:
Lol okay.
Yeah the Patriots only win because they cheat.
Congrats.
The cheating is why the Patriots are only 26-4 in the last 30 games against the Bills.

Damn that cheating it should be 30-0. The freaking cheating isn't doing the job it's only 26-4.

Weak take.Maybe you will make the playoffs sometime this century.
Owners like this boob Terry Pegula are why post Brady I don't worry about the AFC East.
That PC performance is getting killed nationally and screamed disfunction.
I will go back to rooting for that cheating owner and the 5 SBs they have won in 15 years.
It's all in the cheating. They won this year's SB because of cheating I mean nobody comes back from 28-3 in the SB. It's all cheating.

Hey man, you're the one who has to live with rooting for cheaters. Not me. And you justify it at every turn. The 5 Superbowls are great, but Kraft BB and Brady don't have any integrity. And deep down I know you and all other Pats fans know it's true. And your rings are all tainted even in your own minds. Which is awesome.

And your take on the Pegulas is about as informed as petrified dog doo.

Last edited:
Lol okay.
Yeah the Patriots only wi
Hey man, you're the one who has to live with rooting for cheaters. Not me. And you justify it at every turn. The 5 Superbowls are great, but Kraft BB and Brady don't have any integrity. And deep down I know you and all other Pats fans know it's true. And your rings are all tainted even in your own minds. Which is awesome.

And your take on the Pegulas is about as informed as petrified dog doo.
lol.

Interesting. I liked what they did in the draft, but Whaley had his share of moves that blew up before that point. If Mahomes goes on to be an all pro, I'll be able to watch every painful game on tv here in KC.

Interesting. I liked what they did in the draft, but Whaley had his share of moves that blew up before that point. If Mahomes goes on to be an all pro, I'll be able to watch every painful game on tv here in KC.
I agree unless they loved the players on the board it was a good trade.
KC will be a pick in the 20s but it was good value.

I don't think there is any truth to the La Confora tweet.

Doug was rumored to be on the chopping block well before draft. And McDermott was rumored to have more power in the organization than Whaley well before draft.

I think McD told the Pegulas he'd rather work with someone else.

If the owner wants a shot at a franchise QB at the 10 spot, then the owner tells the subordinates what to do.

Doug was rumored to be on the chopping block well before draft. And McDermott was rumored to have more power in the organization than Whaley well before draft.

If the owner wants a shot at a franchise QB at the 10 spot, then the owner tells the subordinates what to do.
Yea, I don't believe that tweet at all.

Whaley and the scouts being let go after the draft was the worst kept secret in football.

Well we're not picking up Sammy Watkins fifth year option. Hopefully he stays healthy and shows what he can do this year. I was in favor of the trade at the time, but that one hasn't turned out well considering the other WRs available.

Barnidge is visiting the Bills today. Would be a pretty good signing in my mind with him being a compliment to Clay and giving the Bills another much needed weapon in the passing game. Hope we sign him.

Barnidge is visiting the Bills today. Would be a pretty good signing in my mind with him being a compliment to Clay and giving the Bills another much needed weapon in the passing game. Hope we sign him.
We should make him a priority, without a doubt. Dennison likes 2 TE sets and Barnidge/Clay would be very, very solid.

Add in our offensive line, Shady, Watkins/Jones/Holmes and that would be more than enough to show whether Tyrod is the guy.

Terry Pegula couldn't stop saying Kim and I during the PC.
That family is crazy. Hire people and let them do their jobs.
He treats everything like its fantasy sports.

I actually really like Terry and Kim. Real people, sure they have made mistakes as new owners but they are trying to build a winner and are putting a ton of faith in McDermott. If it doesn't work try again... They will hire a good GM. Obviously, McDermott was never impressed with Whaley.

and again, they own the team and as far as I am concerned they can do whatever the F they want

Agree 100%, I think it was McDermott looking to the future and trying to build something more than anything.

Agree 100%, I think it was McDermott looking to the future and trying to build something more than anything.

Interesting article here about the front office purge and McD.

Why the Buffalo Bills Front Office Was Fired – The Ringer

Seems as though the Pegulas are giving a lot of power to McD but thankfully it does seem as though there is finally a plan in Buffalo. Will it work? Time will tell, but an all hands on deck approach is more preferable than the taped together, hodgepodge approach of the last few decades.

Last edited: