Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

image.jpg
I don't want to pick on Bills fans while they're down, but this is just hilarious from Syracuses own Adam Schein.

I wasn't excited about the Clay signing at the time. 5 years 38 million for someone who is at best a slightly above average tight end? And I totally agree about Roman. Do other teams have this much trouble using their best WR? I don't watch every team but it sure doesn't seem like it.

This isn't second guessing because I didn't like hiring Rex at the time either but I'm tired of his act. I'm someone who doesn't like big talkers anyway, but if you're going to be one, at least be able to back it up occasionally.

At least Goodwin managed to run 84 yards last night without getting hurt so that's something at least. Very frustrated to say the least. And it's only week 2!

Apparently he did get hurt last night at some point per Buffalo Rumblings. Surprised it took this long.

He crawled off the field like he got shot on the last play of the game.

He is in the concussion protocol apparently. Why in the world the Bills didn't use a high draft pick on a receiver is baffling. But with this staff I shouldn't be surprised.

He is in the concussion protocol apparently. Why in the world the Bills didn't use a high draft pick on a receiver is baffling. But with this staff I shouldn't be surprised.

I really thought Robert Woods was a steal in the 2nd round and he's not bad, but maybe more of a 3rd receiver than a 2nd. I agree we need to upgrade there to complement Sammy.

Yessssssssssssss!

It's not that I disagree that he should go, but it's game 2, so now you've wasted all that preseason time on someone who should have been let go in the offseason.

Not to mention that as I typed that Ryan Peyton Manning Fitzpatrick just completed another 50 yard pass.

Sh!tshow.

It's not that I disagree that he should go, but it's game 2, so now you've wasted all that preseason time on someone who should have been let go in the offseason.

Not to mention that as I typed that Ryan Peyton Manning Fitzpatrick just completed another 50 yard pass.

Sh!tshow.
In the off season they don't let Roman go but they do bring in the brother. It was an entirely predictable disaster.

Bills have been killed by injuries. No Lawson, Hagland, and suspended Dareus. The D will get better.

The gameplan last night was like watching a kid play Madden. Have the QB scramble throw deep. The underneath was open almost all game long and Taylor didn't use it. Also Taylor needs to be coached better to get rid of the ball faster.

A new coach next year should have a pretty talented team to take over.

In the off season they don't let Roman go but they do bring in the brother. It was an entirely predictable disaster.
Honestly I can't remember a worse coach than Rob Ryan who keeps getting hired.
He was an awful D coordinator with the Browns and gave up a lot points with his D. He still parlayed his name into the Cowboys DC job. His job with Cowboys was awful and when he was replaced they did a lot better.

He got the Saints DC job and had the worst defensive teams in n NFL history but his brother still hired for the Bills.

Rob Ryan is an awful defensive coach but he keeps getting jobs.

LOL. Roman is a BAD offensive coordinator, but I'm having a hard time blaming the offense for losing last night. They gained 400 yards and scored 31 points.

Honestly I can't remember a worse coach than Rob Ryan who keeps getting hired.
He was an awful D coordinator with the Browns and gave up a lot points with his D. He still parlayed his name into the Cowboys DC job. His job with Cowboys was awful and when he was replaced they did a lot better.

He got the Saints DC job and had the worst defensive teams in n NFL history but his brother still hired for the Bills.

Rob Ryan is an awful defensive coach but he keeps getting jobs.

They are playing a defense that worked in the 80's, 90's and early oughts. It doesn't work against offenses that get rid of the ball quickly. They get toasted. The NFL has passed them by.

LOL. Roman is a BAD offensive coordinator, but I'm having a hard time blaming the offense for losing last night. They gained 400 yards and scored 31 points.
Roman is bad but this is one of many reasons you don't hire a freaking relative, let alone a twin brother to the staff. Unless you are ready to fire the HC - you can't force the brother to be fired. So stupid.

They are playing a defense that worked in the 80's, 90's and early oughts. It doesn't work against offenses that get rid of the ball quickly. They get toasted. The NFL has passed them by.
See Brady, Tom

Roman is bad but this is one of many reasons you don't hire a freaking relative, let alone a twin brother to the staff. Unless you are ready to fire the HC - you can't force the brother to be fired. So stupid.

Agreed, but not sure Rob is on for much except to be his brothers buddy at this point. Dennis Thurman is the D. Coordinator.

Rex Ryan is going to be good next year on the ESPN or CBS football analyst panel. He will say a lot of stuff and give opinions.

He could be the 3rd man in MNF booth. Buffalo will be a good job for a coach next year.

I was not a fan of the Rex hire at the time but admittedly liked the Roman hire...last night was the nail in the coffin for me. Completely unimaginative, conservative play calling. The EJ manual sneak fiasco was unbelievable- how you don't protect your timeouts down six in that situation boggles the mind, and if 70K at the Ralph know what play you are faking my guess is that the Jets do too. Way too many delay of game penalties over the last year plus with horrendous clock and time management. Glad to see them take action; I hope Rex is next.

While this team isn't the Seahawks there is better talent there than in years past, losing these games in this manner is just not acceptable but all too common over the last 16 freaking years.

Whew I feel better...until next Sunday.

The offense was trash.

-One garbage time TD with the Jets in Prevent, which meant nothing since Rex inexplicably used a timeout 3 minutes before.

-One fumble return for a TD.

-Two big plays for a TD (Goodwin/Salas)

This offense is incapable of moving the ball down the field methodically. It's big play or bust. Can't win that way.

The offense was trash.

-One garbage time TD with the Jets in Prevent, which meant nothing since Rex inexplicably used a timeout 3 minutes before.

-One fumble return for a TD.

-Two big plays for a TD (Goodwin/Salas)

This offense is incapable of moving the ball down the field methodically. It's big play or bust. Can't win that way.

Agree with everything you said. Just a weird time to make the move. Still doesn't solve the defensive issues.

Agree with everything you said. Just a weird time to make the move. Still doesn't solve the defensive issues.
Agreed but Rex knows this is his last shot. Has to somehow get a win or two against AZ/NE to stay afloat until Dareus comes back and the schedule softens. Firing Roman, imo, was justifiable even though it doesn't fix everything.

Last night's defensive scheme was awful on an epic scale. Leave the corners on an island all game wasn't working...yet we never got out of it.

Roman fired.

Last night was brutal. I don't know why I still root for this team but I already purchased Sunday ticket and my apparel for the year so I can't quit now. It's already been said but the WRs are third rate, we definitely miss having a big back...Karlos Williams would have converted that 4th and 1. Also sounds like Watkins is inevitably going to miss multiple weeks this season. That trade is/was an embarrassment.